Killer mains, how do you deal with circle of healing?

2»

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

I like to play Trapper when im not feeling the CoH mood, healing makes no difference when the trap will leave you downed or grabbed in the press of a button.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

If it's one try to remove that person, and stomp it if you find it.

If it's multiple, camp and tunnel like hell, because you haven't got a chance of getting both CoH's down.

• Oiry
    Oiry Member Posts: 218

Kinda weird, I can relate to you a lot. I am a past Executioner main but got tired of him a lot. After the Spirit "nerf" I am in love with chase music, too. Maybe I'll get inspired by you enough. Do you happen to know how her woosh works now in connection to her TR? Just curious why are you running Monitor and Abuse?

But playing a killer that relies on sound is my guilty pleasure. Just wanted to play some Oni before, to get acquainted with the family...

Also, I guess I'm a perfectionist and afraid to suck with her lol. But I'll try my best

• Tigernutz1979
    Tigernutz1979 Member Posts: 38

I main Cenobite, and tbh I ignore CoH unless it's near me and I'm not in a chase. Granted the endless heals are grrr-worthy, but if I'm chasing someone I'm committed to hooking them. I'll break off if I see its one of the "Gold Medal Olympic Loopers" or if we go near a gen that's got 3 pistons going, but otherwise I'm sticking to you til I lose you or I hook you. I have never played Oni so I don't know if that's something you can do though.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    edited January 2022

######### YES BOY I DONE DRANK SOME THOMPSON'S MOONSHINE!

that's how I deal with boons

edit: I know the add-on is called spiked boots now but to me it will always be Thompson's moonshine

• iThe1One
    iThe1One Applicant Posts: 45

I hear a loud obnoxious "iiiiiiii" noise from 15 meters away, I go near, press E, done, wasted another half a minute if not more of another survivor to replace it.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,938

Monitor and Abuse is my comfy Perk as I refuse to use Shadowborn. M&A is the non addictive version. It's not really that practical otherwise since you can hear her moaning sounds up to like 16 to 18 metres away.

Also, I think her woosh is locked as a directional sound at 24 metres or less, not Terror Radius depended. So I don't think her directional audio can have less range with M&A.. BUT I am not sure, it might even work like that.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

You don't. It's a broken over powered perk. You brute through and hope that someday it gets nerfed, or play a Killer that doesn't rely heavily on injuring multiple survivors.

Just play Nurse, Spirit, and Freddy. Problem solved.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited January 2022

I've come up with a few options.

1. Play Legion. They can actually inflict injuries and deep wounds that CoH can't touch fast enough for hit and run to still function.
    2. Play chase heavy killers like Spirit and Blight. Oh you have CoH making me have to focus on winning 1 chase at a time? Ight, I brought someone who specializes in that.
    3. Play Killers who can insta down. Most instadowns are distasteful to me, but the one I do enjoy quite a bit is Trapper.
    4. Save iri shards to get Plague even though I hate how she restricts Survivor gameplay. At this point she's 1 of 2, maybe 3 split pressure killers who still function.

Under no circumstances should you play Pig, Freddy, Wraith, Twins, Deathslinger, and maybe Demo. They get bodied way too hard by CoH. Only play Ghostface and Myers if you are very confident in using marks/T3 effectively.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

2 Words, Forced Pennance

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Play killers who instant down or can zoom. The way Oni works it’s made him an exception to this.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

It sucks because the pressure did help....you have no choice but to commit to one person sadly.

• Oiry

I was actually thinking about this the other day... Problem is, the perk only works of protection hits, sadly. Imagine them buffing the perk to work for every hit. Wouldn't even be strong then, imo, but usable

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

I play survivor

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I just tunnel. Honestly never even notice boons unless they run Shadow Step and if that is the case, I might as well unplug my controller.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

I main Mikey for killer so I don't have much of an issue with circle of healing. Most of the time they go down to a tier 3.

• CheesyBabyBoi
    CheesyBabyBoi Member Posts: 234

crying, usually, is how i deal with it. not being able to deal lasting damage as a killer is always super rough.

• Oiry
  • Maliken
    Maliken Member Posts: 166

By not playing Dead by Daylight and moving on to another game.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

A boon totem is less time efficient than Self-Care until it's 3rd use. If you are breaking the totem before it's 3rd use, then it's wasting survivor's time. Since you are patrolling generators anyway, you will find it without going out of your way.

However, if you focus on the totem, going after it every time you hear it being lit, then you are wasting your time and give the survivors the advantage.

The big thing is realize it isn't that big of a deal. Just get it when you are close to it. Otherwise don't even worry about it. It's when you focus on it, that you lose.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

Like this.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Boons go down, Tent goes up.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Just do the bones

• Oiry

It's a bold statement to say that it's less time-efficient before its 3rd use than self-care, due to 1 single reason: when you bring self-care, you sacrifice 1 perk and give 4 (if we count CoH as 1 perk value)

Also, many times efficiency is in the speed, not in the numbers. A great example is built to last with the toolbox. Just looking at the numbers you could say it's okay because you spend time in the locker, but in reality, the danger is on the speed of the gen, not in the survivor's invested time.

I do understand what you are saying though, in terms of "recognize it's not that valuable in many games". I can agree. However, the more I think about the perk, the more I'm mad about the fact it's in the game and not getting even the slightest touch in 5.5

• Oiry
  • Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

No one has access to the developers data. However, it does appear that the developers are rather quick to change things that are way over-performing, such as Pinhead. Since CoH hasn't been nerfed, then you have to consider it's way over-hyped on these forums, compared to what the data developers are seeing. The developers even said they were keeping a close eye on this perk, specifically.

If the developers are seeing an issue with this perk, then it would have been nerfed already, considering how often this perk is brought up on the forums.

I think we're seeing a lot of hysteria about this perk when in fact, it's not showing anything with the developers data sets.

This is based on the fact that the developers haven't touched the perk.

It's the same thing as Lucky Break. Everyone was freaking out about it, the developers nerfed it based on the forums, and no one used it. The developers buffed it again and still no one uses it. I think Killer mains kind of screwed themselves and their credibility with Lucky Break.

• Oiry

You have way too much trust in the dev's capabilities to quickly react to situations like this. Decisive Strike is a great example for you. Just saying "the dev didn't change it, so it's fine" is a bit... naive? I'm not sure what the correct word is.

Here's a great example: Shadowstep. A great perk. A boon. Well-designed. I think powerful but balanced. A big reason for it is that it's area-dependant. You have to specifically be in its area to get the perk's power, and there are 2 ways to do it: loop the killer inside its area, or do something useful (like gen) and counter BBQ. Still in some central areas can be busted. Basically same for Exponential.

CoH can be used in any game, and its area is basically just an alibi. Anyone who needs can run into it and heal, even if normally you wouldn't even have access to healing. Not only that, everyone sees its aura, so there is no waste of time "searching for a teammate/boon". It's right there.

But let's pretend for a second that the perk is perfectly balanced. (Even though the devs in the same post, where they said they are keeping an eye on it referred to the fact that they are "not rushing changes, because they've made rushed bad decisions in the past"). What's the purpose of it, then? What is the global plan in its design? I really hope the devs do think about where they are shifting the game with certain perks and not just randomly add them. Read the comments to this post, and tell me they are not making the game more unenjoyable for everyone. It's a bit like big, difficult for the killer maps. You could think survivors are happy about it, but I enjoy the smaller maps more because the killer has less reason to camp me or anyone else on the hook.

Actually, there was a great vid about CoH on YT from CoconutRTS. He was talking about the fact that BHVR is adding stuff right now into the game for survivors to extend chase and making it harder for the killer to kill a survivor, which would be completely okay, but I don't see compensation for killers. You can of course argue right now, that "well since the devs did not add compensation, it means killers don't need it". But let's be honest, are you sure this is a good approach to these things?

I am personally not even convinced that BHVR's tendency to "look at the data" is a good idea. You can't make good games and decisions judging by data. Data seems precise, but interpreting the data correctly can be a major issue. In fact, I've seen some devs of (IMO) great games warn people about using data for games, but it can confuse devs more than help it. Just look at some of the add-on changes in the upcoming update...

Now obviously, I am not a dev of this game. I am also not the owner of this game. Ultimately, they decide where things should go. I just hope that they DO actually decide, and not just add random perks into the game. You say Lucky break. Why don't you say DS? And if you trust the devs and their data, then do you think they nerfed lucky break because of people not liking it or because their data supported it?

By adding this version of CoH they nerfed a lot of killers. Removed hit n' run and promoted tunneling. I don't like any of these changes. Not when I play killer. Not when I play survivor. My opinion is subjective. But I feel like there are many people that would agree with me. And not just on the forums.

• Maliken
    Maliken Member Posts: 166

Started playing Hunt: Showdown, quite refreshing to play a game that actually has good sound design.