Nurse motivation?

Options
I wanna learn Nurse, but every game I get destroyed and lose motivation very fast, how did you good nurse players stay in motivation l, when every match with her I wanna Kermit afterwards?

Comments

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Not a nurse main, but know a few. 

All ol I can say for you is patience, practice, and breathing.

Be patient, you aren’t going to become a god tier nurse tomorrow, next week, next month, or maybe three months. You’ll notice a steady improvement, and that should get you going. 

Practice.  Just play her. You’re going to have bad games. Consider difficult survivors greater challenges. Learn from your mistakes, what could you have done better? Was your blink too long? How did the survivor juke you? Is this something to watch for later? Keep this in mind.

finally, breathe. It’s going to get bad at times. Just remember that you are learning and you will get better. Rome was not built in a day. 

Good luck
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Mastering one of the best killers shouldn't be easy, don't you think?
    Patience or play something else.
  • BingBongBoi
    BingBongBoi Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Not a nurse main, but know a few. 

All ol I can say for you is patience, practice, and breathing.

Be patient, you aren’t going to become a god tier nurse tomorrow, next week, next month, or maybe three months. You’ll notice a steady improvement, and that should get you going. 

Practice.  Just play her. You’re going to have bad games. Consider difficult survivors greater challenges. Learn from your mistakes, what could you have done better? Was your blink too long? How did the survivor juke you? Is this something to watch for later? Keep this in mind.

finally, breathe. It’s going to get bad at times. Just remember that you are learning and you will get better. Rome was not built in a day. 

Good luck
    Thanks a lot!
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Yeah, it was a tough journey for me.

I started learning her on console then switched to PC.

For me, the prospect of becoming a Nurse main kept me going.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Learn from your defeat and improve. Its very common for new Nurse players to get royally ######### over and over again until your muscles get used to everything and you stop thinking and just.. act.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

I feel entitled as sh!t being one of the few Nurse players to get to a good level pretty easily. Honestly, my advice is, if you can predict survivors and you know their movespeed, your blink speed and your distance. You're solid as Nurse. I used to be a survivor main (I play both sides now) and I can completely predict survivors with some ease. But as Nurse, you'll never stop improving. You'll keep going until u literally 4 man in 5 seconds of a game. Some advice to get momentum quickly btw. Someone always spawns to ur right. If ur right is a wall, they'll spawn to ur left. It's a good way to find that guy early. Also if u get good as Nurse. Eat the D strike it doesn't stop ur momentum. Dont eat it until ur confident u can get them in 1 blink tho. That's my advice.

• BingBongBoi
    BingBongBoi Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Poweas 
     Someone always spawns to ur right. If ur right is a wall, they'll spawn to ur left. It's a good way to find that guy early. 
    Wait they do? Cool!
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@BingBongBoi said:
    I wanna learn Nurse, but every game I get destroyed and lose motivation very fast, how did you good nurse players stay in motivation l, when every match with her I wanna Kermit afterwards?

Until you understand her blink and have developed muscle memory for it (doesn't need to be perfect) don't go into matches with the aim to get kills or win. When I was practicing Nurse I set goals for myself such as:

-This match I'll try to only hit survivor X with blink attacks
    -This match I want to find the player who tries to "mind-game" me the most and focus them to learn their movement
    -This match I will always go for 2 blink hits to try and get use to the movement
    -Now that I know Nurse this match I'll attempt to get at least 2 kills, 3 kills, etc

Set personal and realistic goals to reach while you practice and don't worry about getting the "win" until you have a good understanding of her blink.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@BingBongBoi said:
    Poweas 
     Someone always spawns to ur right. If ur right is a wall, they'll spawn to ur left. It's a good way to find that guy early. 

Wait they do? Cool!

Someone will always spawn in front of you too, unless you are facing a wall then they will spawn behind you. It's a good way to pretend like what I'm saying will help you.

• kucerka
    kucerka Member Posts: 186
    Options
    I actually started playing Nurse last night, and I got very confused how her blink works. so I used for 3-4 mathes the purple add-on which shows you the exact place of your blink landing. That helped me understand how the blink works and how fast the landing spot "travels" on certain parts of a map.
    So now I just keep on practicing, practicing and practicing 😊. 
    Good luck 😊 
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Poweas 
    Wait they do? Cool!
    Technically, it’s the spawn rule that at least one survivor almost always spawns against the same stretch of wall that you spawn on. I don’t always know which wall I spawned against is the one uncertainty. They could be to your right, your left, behind, or in front of you, depending which way you face.

I personally have a hard time with learning Nurse because I always seem to get farm or swamp maps with her, and I’m blind as a bat
  • KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Sometimes you have to take that beating to learn bro i sure need to keep practing too
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406
    Options

Its hard at firts...BUT every match after...you will see less tbags...less exit gates trolling...less surv toxic....at the end...they will feel the fear of the nurse!!!!!! belive me!

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    Nurse. The single killer that awards real skill with winning. It takes a lot of time and failure to learn her. I recommend that you start during rank resets (NOW) and don't be discouraged after a bad lose. My first game I missed 90% of my hits.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@BingBongBoi said:

If you want to be able to stand a chance against anything the survivor throw at you, then you have to play nurse :wink: