What do you think of the Metaverse?

grayon444
grayon444 Member Posts: 757

I think the whole concept of a virtual reality replacing the real world is stupid.

And the fact that its owned by lizard Zuckerberg is even worse. I dont want him harvesting my information and him knowing my every move. He is evil.

Youtube is already shadow removing videos that speak badly of it. Call me a conspiracy theorist but i think this is why they removed the dislike button. "You might not like it but you will accept it".

If more people bite more into this evil business im going to live off grid.

We are already headed towards a societal collapse so i might aswell be prepared for when it hits.

Comments

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

I I wanted to replace reality with “meta” or whatever id just get an index, not a Quest 2

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,561

The whole idea isn’t even new. The ad was stupid and cringey at best, though Zuck’s avatar looked more human than him. Couldn’t even watch through the whole “what should I wear” thing. It just screamed “Oh look, he’s a bit silly too!”They should’ve included a ballgown at the very least.

”Metaverse” is a stupid name as well. YA novels do that better. Couldn’t have been anything other than inoffensive, I guess. ”Meta”… ugh. It’s dumb. Made to sound sci-fi with a cool buzzword.

Fix your ‘normal’ verse first, please. Not that they ever will.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,154

The worst thing about the _Metaverse_ is that the "God" of it is a corporate Entity. It won't be the free-loving world some hope for. It's easier to corrupt, to hack and to manipulate.

It's very concerning to all bar those making the profit.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,516

A lot of people who are older dislike the whole digital only stuff.

But our kids grow with this stuff and a lot of them don´t care. I am often baffled how little they know about things in the background.

They are used to microtransactions and don´t know games that are really ready when they come out. Before internet your game simply has to work - no patching possible - great times.

But for that reason these things will come sooner or later. Big tech wants it.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

i hate it

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

The metaverse concept is dystopian turbowank for cryptobros and techsavvy wealth hoarders.

On one point, The Zuck doesn't own the metaverse, he owns a company called Meta. You can't own the concept of metaverse, its far older than he is. He can just create his own weird metaverse slice.

This whole dog and pony show is a bunch of grifters fleecing the cryptocommunity until they get bored. In short, IT'S FREAKIN STUPID.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

I think it's a horrible idea. Big Tech in general needs to stop drawing inspiration from dystopian science fiction. I can't wait for the "crypto art" bubble to burst.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,294

I don't care about it at all. Call me when they figure out how to put us in a virtual reality as realistic as The Matrix is from the film of the same name. Only, I don't want to feel pain and want to be able to do all the kung fu stuff while looking like Henry Cavill or Christ Hemsworth (I'd probably spend a concerning amount of time looking at a mirror while in there). Also, they need to do it without sticking anything in my body. I'm not a fan of the whole metal rods going into the back of my head thing.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Which would be all fun and games until you slam your middle finger's middle knuckle into the corner of a wooden bookshelf at 20 miles per hour

• Huge_Bush

That can be prevented by having a padded room or if its possible for the tech, it could be like a dream, where your body doesn't move while you're in the program- that's how it worked in The Matrix.

• Huge_Bush
  • Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I smoke meats.