Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

In-game names

ShinobuSK
ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
edited January 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

What do you think of a feature that would let every DBD player use a name in the game. This name could be different from console and steam names and it would be the only displayed name inside of DBD, in lobbies and in the match.

You can't change names on consoles like you can on steam so I was thinking something like this would be nice to have.

It could be changed only once or twice a month if it was a problem

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761

Honestly, as long as it can be changed as much as a Steam name could, I'd be entirely supportive of it. Only because I'm currently on Steam and don't want to suddenly go from being able to change my name whenever to meme around with my friends (and have no restrictions on what I can put in those names- you can prise "Bruno's Wet Cum Sock" out of my cold, dead hands) to having restrictions on what it can be and how much it could be changed.

I'm all for giving consoles equal opportunity to do what they like with their names, but I like being able to meme around myself just a little bit more. Sorry lads.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Thats fair. Sure why not be able to change it anytime

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    edited January 2022

I would love to be able to. I wish more games were like that for consoles.

• Lаurie
    Lаurie Member Posts: 13

Other games like Among us has a function like this, i dont see why it would be a problem

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

This would be nice.

I can see it being a problem though, with offensive usernames now being BHVR responsibility and not Steam. Although that could also mean those players get banned (or more likely just forced to rename as I've seen in other games).