Shouldnt MMR work both ways?

Options

Hey guys,

I'm on a 32 game losing streak and counting. No matter who I play as I havent killed a single survivor in the last 32 games. With the current state of survivors I play against Im happy if I get 1 or 2 downs tbh. Everyone is around 4-5k hours with only meta perks and broken items. Basically the games last about 5 minutes and everyone is out. Whoever Im not chasing is always on gens and each survivor is on a different one. Shouldnt the MMR come to my aid after a certain amount of games and basically give me easier survivors? Or does the MMR system actually only work one way?

Comments

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 537
    Options

It seems like you are going against a group of experienced survivors who are getting bumped back into your bracket of MMR due to their higher bracket having no killer at that specific time of day.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options
  • Journeywalker
    Journeywalker Member Posts: 41
    Options

That's an interesting hypothetical. If only the worst killer in the world and the best SWF in the world were available, should the matchmaking system ever let them play the game? I would hedge toward "Yes."

For the OP, I feel your pain. Take heart in the knowledge that any other available killer matched against those teams would be even more one-sided. If your MMR really is too high across the board, flipping between killers will actually extend the process of lowering your MMR (because MMR for killers is per character).

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 156
    Options

Good news guys by now I've finally reached the 40 wins without killing anyone in this game even though I used sweaty builds and tried my hardest. Before my break I was Iri 1 btw but apparently now I'm just a dumb noob that doesnt get the game anymore.Thanks DBD it was fun for the 2 weeks that u lasted on my hard drive. See u in 2023

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

*Shouldn't MMR work?

• legrosporc69
    legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250
    Options

Its not that the game cant find you survivor around your level its just they priorise queue time.

Exemple 1 group of survivor are waiting for 10 minute and that group have a mmr of 4k. Then you have another group of survivor waiting for a minute with a mmr of 1k the game will put you against the group that are waiting for 10 minute even if your mmr is 1k only because that group are survivor are waiting for a long time.

• Journeywalker
    Options

Welp, at least the devs are working on this very problem, so it shouldn't be as big of an uphill climb for the next person that takes a break from DBD and wants to come back. MMR will decay with lack of play, which will help ease returning players back into the game. Right now, matchmaking probably has a lot of data on you, so it's very certain that you belong with the sweat squads like you were in 2020ish.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454
    Options

Looks like the matchmaking doesn't even work among the survivor teams either, yesterday I had to dodge a lobby because I had a teammate with 18.9 hours in-game and another one with just 0.7 hrs (no idea about the last one because they were on console). And I'm pretty sure I've had one or twice more like that in other matches but I couldn't check their profiles

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

It depends. A lot of people trying to derank just afk, and I personally believe they have a system against that. After 40 games, you should be bottom mmr by now. It is basically impossible that you aren't unless such a system were to exist, I suppose.

• Journeywalker
    Options
  • Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,351
    Options

Maybe they should add an option, if mmr widens and the killer is hugely underpowered the bloodpoint amount gets a multiplier.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638
    Options

You guys are actually buying that this guy has played 40 games and not gotten a single kill? I can come to the forums and lie/exaggerate too.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited January 2022
    Options

I don't honestly. Unless he plays huntress like an m1 killer for whatever reason.

It is impossible not to kill a single surv in 40 public games.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    Options

To keep survivors from waiting 2 hours for a game mmr search range is expanded/ignored.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Your question should be:

"Shouldn't MMR work?"

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792
    Options

While noone here can change how matchmaking works for you, I'm sure there are plenty of people who could give you some advices how you can improve. Would you consider posting couple videos of your matches?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Mmr only effectively functions to shield new survivors, killers are thrown wherever matchmaking needs them regardless of sbmm score.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454
    Options

It doesn't do that either. I've had teammates that were really new to the game, less than 50 hours in some cases and we could be matched to 1k+ hour killers. So they are basically the weak link in the team and usually die pretty early.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Like I said, mm will throw killers anywhere it needs them. The accuracy is dependent on the killer selection pool that is currently qued.

Personally I find it far more common for good swfs to be forced in then the other way around.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866
    Options

It doesn't work like that. It really depends on the pool of available players online at time of matching. It will put really low MMR killer against high MMR survivors just so they get a match.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 271
    Options

Better yet, apparently they are happy just getting one down. Yeah calling bs on that for sure, but I get the feeling OP is just trolling so whatevs.

• Sybarite
    Sybarite Member Posts: 49
    Options

Besides what others have said. I play almost every killer except trapper and Freddy. I find if I go a killer that I am not that good with I often get newer survivors compared to my mains who I now often get high-rank players (some fall through the cracks and a new but much rarer compared to my main killers). Maybe have a few games with a different killer or as others would say play as survivors instead, yes the que times suck but it's a good lesson.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

I mean, I ate a 30 game L streak when I first started learning Nurse, so, yeah I buy it.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

To be fair, that is the Nurse, probably the hardest killer in the game to master. My first several games with her were so rough, I never went back. In part because I am on console, but also because I have no patience for long learning curves.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Hahaha, yeah, not so much. You don't need a slide rule to sort out that it's the other way around.

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 156
    Options

I don't really get what would be the reason to do that tbh :D I basically just came here to get an answer for my question which was why MMR doesnt put me up against easier survivors when I keep getting my ass handed to me. And I got that answer. Since I kept losing after posting it and since I dont have another time I can play in the week than after work I'm basically done with this game for now until they improve the MMR system so that it doesnt depend on the time of day I play wether I get survivors that are actually on my level or just Death Squads that queued the longest.

To the 40 losses I can only say that its true but u don't have to believe me. When ur happy thinking that Im trolling for whatever reason I cant stop u tbh. I mean I havent played in a long while but before I took a break I was an Iri 1 huntress but that was before mmr. Since I came back from day 1 I mostly went up against Death squads tbh. Ofc I can cheese at least killing one person by just having Noed or standing next to the hook until that person dies but that really isnt the point. I literary just never had a match in the last 2 weeks where I felt that it was even remotely balanced so that I stood a chance or that it was a close competition. Might be that I have just gotten incredibly bad at this game over my break but even then I was just wondering shouldnt MMR kick in and help me after a certain amount of losses which it never did. Survivor level just stayed the same the entire time. And for me personally just banging my head against that wall until I eventually get better is way too frustrating and takes a lot of time so I probably havent really gotten better over these games as well and thats why the result stayed the same.

But yeah the basic message just was that I was wondering why MMR doesnt help me out after a certain amount of losses and I got my answer tot that. There was no intention of trolling tbh but if u want to see it that way I probably cant stop u anyways is all I can say.