If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Trapper Doesn't Have a Power on Eyrie of Crows

Options

The map is so bright and his traps stick out so badly. Especially with darkened traps. No grass. Just obvious traps.

Comments

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,048
    edited January 2022
    Options

Ouch.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

They hate my Trapper.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I hate him too now. It takes too much and the QOL changes they made to him will not get it done. Everyone talks about set up time. It’s the resetting that’s worse. Iridescent basekit when?

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,930
    Options

Indeed, OP, I feel your pain. I was doing some old tome challenges and tried my hand at the trapper ones. Even noticed that I had a couple party streamers lying so I equiped them.

Well, bless my luck, but I got the Eiry map two frigging times in a row, walking out of it with zero kills and about 9k. Its just THAT bad against competent survivors.

• xteampp
    xteampp Member Posts: 22
    Options

Completely agree. You can only resort to trap the main building and the shack... and pray. Maybe NOED can give you an extra kill if all the planets align.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

The map is bright, his traps are dark, and it's an extremely open map. Have fun. - basically what BHVR is telling us

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I haven't had the (mis)fortune of playing Trapper on Crow map but from playing it as a survivor I know 90% of my traps would go in the main building or around it.

This isn't ideal because most of the generators are outside of my area of control but it's one of those things where you'll probably have to already have a survivor in a chase to snag them.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

While his traps are easier to see, he can still place traps to help block vaults which is still a useful ability. Even if the survivor can see a trap coming up at a vault in a chase it still prevents them from using it. I get a lot of free hits that way when I play Trapper plus catch people who are watching me and not where they’re stepping when I’m chasing them.

Of course the downside is survivors can spend time disarming your traps if they see them. But it does take time away from them doing gens, and if you are back near a disarmed trap you can reset it in just a couple of seconds where a survivor took much longer to disarm it so it’s still a net win in terms of time.

Anyway, it’s definitely nice when your traps are in dark spots or grass, but even well lit traps that block a key vault are useful.

• xxshyguyxx
    xxshyguyxx Member Posts: 312
    Options

Trap the shack and main building like crazy. You'll get snags for sure but yeah, most the map is dead zones for him. You need to load up the building and heard them towards it. It works but not much else does.

When I play trapper there I usually get 3 or 4 traps playing that way. It's not that bad. It's just not many locations work but the ones that do work decently.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,009
    Options

On that map he could use some sandtraps

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

You don't need good trap spots to play Basement Trapper. Always remember that, young one.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options
  • Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,867
    Options

Trapper's power consists of 3 elements:

1. Blocking off loops.

2. Taking people by surprise by preplanning.

3. Guarding an area.

Trapper can still do 1 and 3 quite successfully. Even if survivors don't step in the traps because they see it, they are heavily avoiding quite a lot of the stronger loops out of risk that they might have missed 1.

Trapper isn't powerless. Just that his surprise catching(which, arguably is the most fun part of his kit), is very hard to actually use. There are some places still, and it is satisfying to catch people there. But to say he has no power is quite an extreme claim. Hag is worse off than Trapper, and Hag can still use her traps successfully.

• ElmosPayPig
    ElmosPayPig Member Posts: 128
    Options

That map sucks ass for every killer tbh

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    Options

Truth.

Last time I tried using the darkening dye, I ended up with Eyrie and they might have well been glowing in neon orange.

The only catches I got were from that one window vault after they thought it'd been disarmed.

They really need to make the dye a camo effect instead of fixed. :-/

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options
  • ElmosPayPig
    ElmosPayPig Member Posts: 128
    Options

I don't even think she'd do well. That map just sucks lol

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options

It’s quite open with very basic loops, she does quite well, but the map as a whole just sucks so much

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 793
    Options
  • Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

I am sure traps still work on this map.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,019
    Options

OP: I rarely play Trapper just because in general he's pretty bad now but I could see that map being awful for him. It's nothing but wide open spaces and brightness.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

She didn't watch Bob Ross growing up. I find her lack of happy little bushes disturbing.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

And this is why maps should be darker. Ever since the map reworks, every map has gotten brighter.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,079
    Options

They nerf my Trapper with maps 😔

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,451
    Options

Yeah worst killer on the worst map for him it's game over from start.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    Options

On the 2nd floor of the main building there are like some bridges made out of branches or something,i swear to god traps there are invisible for survivors. I've never had someone disarm a trap there and they always fall into it.

But yeah trapper on that map is basically about trappig main building or shack if the basement is there

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 365
    Options

Perhaps the darkened traps addon needs to be changes to a camouflage addon so it blends it with colour of the map. Had a few trappers on this map and just never gonna step in those traps.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,325
    Options

I have better idea. Make it base kit. Each map will better hide the traps, even when not in a grass area. No need for bandage fix "oh you can pay and use everygame one type of addons to make him more playable". No, please.