Allow killers to break totems not snuff

Allow killers to break totems instead of snuffing them or add a mechanic where if a boon is removed from a totem either through survivors moving it or killer snuffing the totems is destroyed. This infinite boon totems is way to overpowered and snuffing is the opposite of useful for the killer

Comments

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

Well it could work as you can only break a boon’d totem

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

I see why you made a post about it and I feel the same way as you. Boons are extremely easy to replace and give a huge advantage to the survivor side. However, instead of breaking the whole totems, I got some ideas like this. They can apply in different ways and not all at the same time. You can check some of them below.

1- Killer destroy boon totems and that totem cannot be used for X seconds or after X amount of blessing. Or after the X blessing is cleansed the dull totem will be broken and can not be used.

2-Hex totems are now also like boon totems. If survivor cleanse hex totem killer can use dull totem to bring back his hex totem. However, thou the stats that are collected will be reset for hex such as devour hope.

3-Like @ThePolice mentioned the killer can only break the totem that is blessed, my survivor. However, killer-breaking totems can not be used for Hex: Pentimento.

4- If the killer cleanses the boon totem, next time you try to boon the same totem you need to spend extra X seconds to bless that totem again. That way the survivors won't use the same totem because it will be time-consuming to bless the same totem and they will look for different totems.

5- Boon totems do not give health speed bonuses and when the totem is blessed it will work like self-care heal speed.

Some of them are quite close to each other but I think that it can affect the game more positive way. I hope it will give some ideas and perspective to all of us and maybe with good brainstorm we can bring some nice ideas :)

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

That would be too much with Hex: Pentimento since you could generate rekindled totems much easier

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

It takes enough time and effort to activate pentimento, and it's not hard at all to make it not possible to rekindle those broken totems with pentimento, or just make it so it's only possible with booned totems, so they DO have actual risk rather than getting completely free advantage.

I mean people bringing up pentimento for those things is rather weird as it's just ONE perk and fix is pretty easy to implement.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Make boons one time uses like hexes

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,613

The question I have is if anyone really, actually, genuinely thinks infinite boons are a problem, or if they think infinite CoH is a problem?

Shadow Step and Exponential would be useless with this change - or in the case of Exponential, even more useless than it currently is. It's an overkill change that demolishes the conceptual back-and-forth nature of boons and renders two thirds of the whole perk archetype useless, just to try and nerf one perk that would still be too strong and annoying afterwards.

There are things that could be done if the boon system itself needs a change (I can think of a few myself!) but this is just not a good idea.

• Tekno_Badger
    Tekno_Badger Member Posts: 526

No, just give Boons at least a 60s cooldown when snuffed, or increase Blessing time by 33% (multiplicative, not additive) after each snuff.