The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is it difficult to remove perk tiers?

2»

Comments

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

Spaghetti code

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Actually it would make more sense to give perks for free, because they are not like add-ons or offerings. Once you buy a perk you can use it forever. An add-on or offering disappears after the match. So you should earn Bloodpoints to be able to fund your add-ons and offerings.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Devs talking about their magical solution to perk tiers that they've been working on for the past century. If it's taking this long to come up with a solution maybe you should just bite the bullet and just get rid of them. The grind in this game is atrocious and is made even worse for killers since most good perks are on paid characters vs starting survivors having the strongest perks in the game.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735
    edited February 2022

I dont entirely agree with you @Peanits

The (bandaid) solution which are quite common is pretty simple.

Bloodweb = Generates only tier 3.

Existing/purchases = In code of tier 1 and tier 2 replace properties = icon and values of tier 3.

Problem solved. If such simple solution is not plausible, then it seems, that the whole architecture of development is really in poor shape.

I dont use gaming chair, but I sure can printout hello world in many different stacks

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

In theory, having used blueprint for a good portion of my unreal development career, it's not hard.

But this is BHVR. If they do this, they'll probably break something, or everything. But instead of telling us the truth, they BHVRsplain it away as "nah that's too hard and wouldn't help" or something of the sort.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

Honestly if I wanted this much grind I'd play a mobile game. At least you can shortcut the grind by throwing money at it.

• JudyIscariot
    JudyIscariot Member Posts: 71

Personally I think that it'd be interesting to remove perk tiers not because of the blood web, but because of the design space it opens up. Currently, everything has to have some numerical values that can scale, but if you moved away from perk tiers you're no longer bound by that constraint.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    edited February 2022

Just make perk 1/2/3 be the same and block tier 2/3 from the bloodweb entirely.

Problem bandaid'ed

Edit: Ofc old people keep the purple tier 3 perks.

• latigresa
    latigresa Member Posts: 88

Unlock the perk, boom you got it! You already paid for it in blood points and shards/cells. Why make it cost more?

Rework offerings and keys to be more worthwhile.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

I'll share my idea for rework again here. Remove tiers 2 and 3 from web. Once you unlock tier 1, you can spend BP to upgrade them to 2 and 3 from perk selection menu. This still makes them a BP sink, but a more predictable one.

• fogdonkey

Nothing about reducing Grind in the patch notes...

• fogdonkey

Still nothing about reducing the Grind in the patch notes. I guess it is coming Soon™...

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Becuz it would make everyone to be sweatu bringing iris and purples.Im agree with the choose 3 perks over 6 perls at lvl 50

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Doesn't the grind kinda make it that way already? I have to clear so many webs to get my perks, I usually have a surplus of addons and offerings. My favorites are often green or yellow, though, so that might explain my experience.

• BubbaDredge

Peanits: "Removing Tiers is not as simple as just removing them from the code. There are many working parts that are connected, we can't just take it out that simply."

Players: "But just take it out, remove it from the code. Simply."

Thanks for the details, Peanits. You guys get flak for not sharing info with us enough, this isn't like that, and it's appreciated.

• fogdonkey

They could give us some info about when will their solution come out. Is it next chapter? Next year? Soon™? Never?

• BubbaDredge

I would like to see some relief in the meantime, a constant Bloodrush wouldn't hurt my feelings.