Nerfing/Buffing

Options
Clauds
Clauds Member Posts: 53
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
Who in your opinion needs to be nerfed/buffed ? I’m more of a survivor main, so I don’t have any great ideas. But I feel like Freddy should be buffed/reworked mostly. His power takes up a lot of time and a survivor could have finished or escape by the time they enter the dream state. Share your opinion with me!
Post edited by Clauds on

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i think you wanted to say freddy needs a "buff", right?
    nerf = making someone weaker
    buff = making someone stronger
    im a little unsure, weather you want me to list you killers who need a buff or killers who need a nerf right now...

bus since you asked for nerfs: nurse. she is the only killer who really needs some readjustments when they finally balanced this mess of a game.

• Clauds
    Options
    Mister_xD said:

i think you wanted to say freddy needs a "buff", right?
    nerf = making someone weaker
    buff = making someone stronger
    im a little unsure, weather you want me to list you killers who need a buff or killers who need a nerf right now...

bus since you asked for nerfs: nurse. she is the only killer who really needs some readjustments when they finally balanced this mess of a game.

Oh! Thank you for telling me. I didn’t exactly know the difference haha.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Clauds said:
    Who in your opinion needs to be nerfed/buffed ? I’m more of a survivor main, so I don’t have any great ideas. But I feel like Freddy should be buffed/have more power. (From what I saw) In my opinion he looks pretty weak. (But it could be the exact opposite, go ahead and reassure me of that lol)
    Survivors need more stealth buffs such as more hiding options. Killers such as Freddy, Leather Face, Trapper, Doctor, and Pig need some buffs.
  • Clauds
    Options
    Yes. Freddy needs rework. Leatherface needs rework. 

And we, the Claudettes, need more bushes in the maps so that we can hide in our natural habitat.

* crouches behind the maple tree in Yamaoka estate *
    *Nods head, while continuing to point at a generator*
  • Clauds
    Options
    Freddy doesn’t need a buff lmfao. 
    Well, I have to disagree here. Currently putting someone into the dream state takes a TREMENDOUS amount of time and you could either escape via hatch, unhook a friend, or unlock the exit by the time you enter the dream state. Personally this is my opinion but can also be a fact in some cases.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    Options

A lot of the killers need to be made much less addon dependent. Aside from like the top 4 killers I think most the rest the killers need buffs to varying degrees. Freddy, leatherface and trapper especially are just embarrassingly weak.

• Clauds
    Options
    Blueberry said:

A lot of the killers need to be made much less addon dependent. Aside from like the top 4 killers I think most the rest the killers need buffs to varying degrees. Freddy, leatherface and trapper especially are just embarrassingly weak.

Agreed. Although i don’t have trouble with trapper I’m sure others do.
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    Options

Nerfs: Nurse needs to be completely gutted or reworked. Billy needs a mobility nerf
    Rework: Freddy needs a complete overhaul/rework. He's designed in a way that prevents buffs alone from being a good idea. Just buffing Freddy would result in him being zero fun to play vs and that isn't healthy for the game.
    Buffs: I think Trapper and Leatherface are the only two killers who feel weaker than the rest of the mid tier killers. I'm not really sure what you can do to trapper aside from a rework to buff him. Leatherface could possibly be buffed by just having addons reworked.

• Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315
    Options

I think that Nurse and Doctor needs nerf. Nurse has enormous lunge attack after blink and her fatigue time is really too fast, so she can use another blinks. In my opinion the whole character in all maps (not Lery's and Gideon's) is quite OP ability to ignore survivors' weapons as pallets and windows and teleporting to them is CRAZYY! The Doctor is also crazy, he has so many atributes: fake windows, yelling survivors, blocking vaulting (for a moment) , blocking dropping pallets (for a moment), husks of Doctor showing around survivors giving him their location, distributed all over the screen skillchecks and you can't do anything (heal, open the gate, open hatch, fix the gen etc.) and crazy addons like Iridescent King. These two are the most OP characters in DbD, it's really hard to win against them, especially on rank 1.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited November 2018
    Options

I think that Nurse and Doctor needs nerf. Nurse has enormous lunge attack after blink and her fatigue time is really too fast, so she can use another blinks. In my opinion the whole character in all maps (not Lery's and Gideon's) is quite OP ability to ignore survivors' weapons as pallets and windows and teleporting to them is CRAZYY! The Doctor is also crazy, he has so many atributes: fake windows, yelling survivors, blocking vaulting (for a moment) , blocking dropping pallets (for a moment), husks of Doctor showing around survivors giving him their location, distributed all over the screen skillchecks and you can't do anything (heal, open the gate, open hatch, fix the gen etc.) and crazy addons like Iridescent King. These two are the most OP characters in DbD, it's really hard to win against them, especially on rank 1.

I really wish people would stop spreading the false narrative that Nurse “ignores” Pallets and Windows. She changes the way you have to use them. Fake the drop, double back, then drop it. Fake the window vault, you name it.

”Ignoring” is a lie. That’s just a bad way to cover up saying “I don’t want to have to learn to use Pallets or Windows any other way than what I’m used to against every other Killer in the game” It’s an excuse to ask for nerfs/rework cause you’re lazy and want the same old tricks to work every single time. 

Who the hell cares if Doc can find you easy? Loop him. If you get smacked Looping cause of him shocking you, congratulations, you didn’t put yourself in the “safe zone”. Apart from some rare extremely short loops, just about every single Loop in the game has a “safe zone” that even if you get shocked, the Doc cant hit you. This is because of the slow down while charging his shock, be in the right spot, and it’ll wear off just in time. 
    Post edited by SovererignKing on
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Yes. Freddy needs rework. Leatherface needs rework. 

And we, the Claudettes, need more bushes in the maps so that we can hide in our natural habitat.

* crouches behind the maple tree in Yamaoka estate *
    Can a Meg join in the bushes? I wear my black jacket so I blend in better... Killer won’t see me I swear!
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,266
    Options

@Clauds said:
    Who in your opinion needs to be nerfed/buffed ? I’m more of a survivor main, so I don’t have any great ideas. But I feel like Freddy should be buffed/reworked mostly. His power takes up a lot of time and a survivor could have finished or escape by the time they enter the dream state. Share your opinion with me!

Freddy needs buffs
    Leatherface needs buffs
    Pig needs buffs

Hillbilly and Nurse addons could possibly get a pass but I don't see it as being priority. Although I know it's going to happen eventually.

Most of the other killers are at least playable without their best addons so I don't see any other killers needing buffs.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Clauds said:

My suggestion:
    Buff solo survivors by giving them voice comms.
    A small buff to billy
    Nurse stays as she is, huge buff to all other killers

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

@Clauds said:

i feel of all the killers trapper and Freddy need a buff and nurse and hillbilly need a slight nerf

freddy of course just needs to be more useful maybe give him the action to hit srvivors in the regular world after being put in the dream world enough times and buff his speed. as for trapper larger trap hitboxes and deadhard shouldn't counter traps as they make trapper loops harmful to only the trapper