I'm a human and I'm trying to have fun too

Options

Honestly, getting bullied with two boil overs making it virtually impossible to do anything as a killer that I'm just trying to have fun with makes me never want to play this game again. These guys were playing in such mean spirits and I just couldn't do it. Just remember guys that the killer is a person too.

Comments

• Posh_xp
    Posh_xp Member Posts: 18
    Options

If you want my advice, abandon the concept of playing nice, and just play to win. It's up to the devs to make the game fun in regards to balance, not the players.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Those losers actually typed out their laughter, who does that? Lulz.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,785
    Options

It would be on Thompson House. The others, I can't imagine it's an issue.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

I"m not saying that boil over is not overtuned, but I am saying no one is complaining about the miserable experience with iron grasp, agitation guaranteed to get you camped in the basement from almost anywhere on most maps. But ...just do gens.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    edited January 2022
    Options

I promise you survivors do not care about you or your fun.

And vice versa. Killers do not care about survivor's fun.

That is just dbd in a nutshell.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Second point to those outlined above, the Survivors are also using the usual meta perks for the most part. But also Boil Over. So now it's the usual, plus determined people in the right map can't be hooked.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

I thought the difference between bullying and a strategy was an obvious one. If you're bullying, then what you're doing has zero goal in being used to win. If it's a strategy, even if it's unpleasant, it IS a method of advancing the game and winning (or at least losing less).

Bringing an RCPD map offering and running to the library constantly so there is no way to get you to a hook in time, then proceeding to not do gens until you're bored, is not a strategy. The aim is not to do gens, it's just to be frustrating for the other side so they can't win and are wasting their time. Combine with Exponential or some other source of reusable Unbreakable, and the goal obviously isn't "do the gens and escape!", it's "get downed in the safe zone and use the perks to deny hooks".

Maybe the other three players aren't out to bully and will just use this as a distraction. Or maybe they're in a SWF or will otherwise get in on it, like that video a few weeks ago where Survivors didn't even try to touch the gen on the other side of the map for four minutes because they were all too busy flashlight stunning and locker hopping.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

To be fair Boil Over can be pretty silly.

Solo queue, no drop-down boost and missing a bunch of great skill checks.

It’s pretty fun though…but as a killer main…######### this nonsense Xd

• THEBLASTOUT
    THEBLASTOUT Member Posts: 55
    Options

Ok, so when are we nerfing DH?

• THEBLASTOUT
    THEBLASTOUT Member Posts: 55
    Options

I mean I played against a hillbilly and he couldn't hook anyone but me because I had to save my teammates with "break?"

The yui's perk with the bike

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

I played some pig today..shes so damn weak honest. They gave me map offerings with meta perks so i was like well im not feeding them bloodpoints im just going to afk until they are done.

Tired of some killers being so useless in this game. Id love to play pig but honest...shes bad

• Lat0
    Lat0 Member Posts: 92
    Options

Idk how people with 5k hours still have fun exploiting or flashlighting, i really don't get it

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Have you tried not being a human?

Humans are wired to hurt other humans. Try being a dog. Then you are less likely to be hurt

• istlix
    istlix Member Posts: 15
    Options

I get how you feel! It's pretty annoying. But we gotta move on and hope for a better next game. Just remember to be nice yourself also. :)

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Honestly blame bhvr for putting it in the game after testing it then the survivors abusing it

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,565
    Options

How dare you?! Being a human and demanding to have fun in this video game!?

having fun in DbD is reserved for us non-humans.

• AgtClappers
    AgtClappers Member Posts: 44
    Options

I played 6 games yesterday as killer, I thought that I will be matched with full Boil Over players but I encountered none, it's weird :/

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122
    Options

No, see. This is wrong. Not every last killer OR survivor is like this. I'll quickly agree that yes, it's a lot... And it's sad. But I'm literally never playing to be mean or to try hard anymore. I want everyone to have a good time, and if I can tell you only want to sweat and not have fun - I just do whatever I want in my way. Everyone should.. It's a game after all. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options

Not commenting on the Boil Over perk here, just looking at the endgame chat and those survivors are jerks. I don't see Killers d/c very often, but when I have, I usually feel empathy because I know it was out of frustration. I think most of us have left a game out of annoyance at some point regardless of the side we play. Rubbing salt in the wounds is poor sportsmanship.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Hypocrisy like constantly complaining about killers running slowdown perks when you rock ruin/undying/tinkerer blight? Unless that was just someone else whose steam name is exactly the same as your forum name, underscore and all

I'd give you some advice on getting rush hits (generally you want to use m&k or at least controller, and not a plugged-in steering wheel or dance mat) but with those perks it's not the most important thing to learn tbh

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited January 2022
    Options

I'll remember the killer is human too when I am being bled out on the ground for absolutely no reason.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,661
    Options

I dont mind being criticized for unpopular opinions. I expect it.

But, please dont spread any lies. I used Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer when I prestiged Blight, which was when he was released. If you run into my Blight, you will see Corrupt, BBQ, Lethal Pursuer and Shadowborn.

I complain about stacking Slowdown, but I dont do it myself, unless I dont have anything else on said Killer.

Lying is not cool.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,661
    Options

I would not really say that they tried to bully. Aside from the two Boil Overs, their build looks normal. Those are also not Sabo-Toolboxes. If you really want to bully with Boil Over, you would not burn a Map where you have a 1/5 chance to actually get a decent opportunity to force Drops. Because all other Coldwind-Maps only have drops due to RNG (aside from Basement) and on some of them (Hills) there is even a Hook.

Obviously they were not the nicest people to burn Coldwind Farm and the way they acted in chat is not really neccessary. But I would not call that a Bully Attempt.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,400
    edited January 2022
    Options

I will say to be fair even with other overused perks like dead hard that get complained about a lot. Boil over is just dumb with its buff. They upstairs of library on rpd? Literally you're just forced to slug and camp their corpse. Because what ya gonna do...hook em? There should rarely be a position where hooking is impossible (unless obviously with sabotages and if you hooked 2 survivors in the same area). This ignores that entirely and all 4 survivors can just say "nope no hooking for you...bleed us or let us go"

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

so true, they wanted to shake the meta up but you just can’t please them.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Do you honestly think the purpose of the boil over buff was so that survivors could “bully” killers?? Come on now.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    edited January 2022
    Options

i think the same when i play solo survivor and get mindlessly tunneled out even though my mates try to take a hit or something.

And honestly, Boil over is not that crazy as people make it out to be. It's very strong in a swf with Breakout, Saboteur and stuff, but alone it's not that OP (i tried it out myself). At least not against decent killers. If they run to spots where you have to fall down, just slug them. They only have Unbreakable once and it pressures them off the gens. I had a match where 2 guys were running to the upper floors of main building (Asylum) everytime and after i realized what's going on i just left them and tunneled the other 2 guys. Their team fell soon apart.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,210
    Options

survivor don't like it but with this perk there going to be a lot more bleed outs.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,785
    Options

Boil Over is a strategy akin to Basement Bubba as a strategy. They straight-up prevent other players from playing the game, the counterplay is about as enjoyable as watching paint dry, and while they're effective (and that fuels their continued prominence), the driving force behind their use is distressingly often sadism and malice towards the players on the other side.

I consider both equally terrible and think allowing either of them a foothold into the game promotes a breakdown of intended gameplay. Fighting bullshit with bullshit is not the solution.

Ultimately - the people you're railing against here definitely exist, I've seen enough of them around, but I'm the wrong person to direct this at. I've always advocated keeping everyone's fun, or at least avoiding total frustration, in mind and I try not to do things that can come across as meanspirited, even to my own detriment.

The only killer who can do that and then prevent someone from getting you out of the basement is Bubba, and last I checked, he spurs on a tsunami of complaints and heated debate every time he comes up.

Getting camped in the basement against any killer who isn't Bubba or Trapper isn't that big a deal if you have competent teammates with BT. You can win a game with hook trades if you time them right, or get everyone out safely with a coordinated bodyblock save. I don't think Agitation/Iron Grasp in and of themselves are problems, especially when they take half a build on their own.

I'm seeing plenty of survivors who are using Boil Over to win. They use map offerings and run to zones where the killer can't hook them, but otherwise they're on gens, and so are their teammates. This may be because I'm in solo queue, so obviously I'm not getting matched with 4-man SWFs, but everyone I've seen in action has been using it for a competitive advantage. The killers have either been slugging or facecamping (to force hook trades in lieu of chasing people) anyone they do catch in response.

It's a strategy, but it's a blatantly unfair one that prevents the other player from progressing the match as they should be able to.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Oh I didn't suggest it was recent, although you've gone and confirmed it now anyway, this wasn't some doppelgänger of yours then? A wicked killer main trying to frame you perhaps?

It may be an unpopular opinion but I agree r.e. stacked slowdowns. The difference is I

1) don't run them

2) rarely complain about other people running them

3) and I definitely don't do all of the above and then start accusing other people of being hypocrites while....running the meta while complaining about the meta...while complaining about people complaining about the other side's meta...before then admitting to the thing you've been accused of and calling said person a liar in the same breath- like you see how this comes across as a bit bizarre right?

Run what you want, learn to live with what other people run, the game is honestly more fun once you do

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,249
    Options

You mistake is playing killer. It's pretty common.

The devs themselves suggested to play survivor or another game.