Should Map Offerings Be Disabled Or Changed?

Options
BothSidesEnjoyer
BothSidesEnjoyer Member Posts: 16

Little explanation for the choices

Disable Them: Map offerings are completely removed

Change Values: Map offerings currently will almost always send you to the corressponding map (it's not 100% but it's still high). This change would reduce that chance massively.

Change Effect: If a map offering is used it instead lowers the chances of getting that map.

Leave Them As Is: You think map offerings are fine and don't need any changes.

Should Map Offerings Be Disabled Or Changed? 27 votes

Disable Them
37%
Gibberishanarchy753MrPenguinLat0anonymous31337dugmanThr_ustGuiltiiNathan13just_one_player 10 votes
Change Values
14%
ValikWarcrafter4AurelleGarlicRice 4 votes
Change Effect
22%
musstang62Cornpopers_EvanNoOneKnowsNovaIdontknowtbhrugby_hookBothSidesEnjoyer 6 votes
Leave As Is
25%
White_OwlSeiko300OnryosTapeRentalsDimekAven_FallensataviissataaFaulds 7 votes

Comments

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options
    Change Values

I think that they should be the same as they are now...But ONLY for the killer.

Meanwhile survivor's version would be changed to 33.33% chance so they'd need 3 of them to always get the right map and all 4 to override the killer's map offering.

Killers only use maps for niche builds and forcing survivors to burn multiple maps would mean less both making it harder to sustain and limiting their other offering options.

Aka no petrified oak stacking without a risk of map offering backfiring.

But if worse comes to worse just disable them for both sides.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903
    Options
    Leave As Is

Map offerings aren't a problem in themselves... it is the unbalance of the maps that is the root of the problem.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    Change Effect

I personally really like the idea of it making the chances lower when a specific map offering is burned.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
    Options
    Disable Them

I’ve been of the opinion for a very long time that when you have a game like this where the map you go to has both a direct and extremely large impact on whether the match is balanced or not. Giving people the ability to choose a specific map is completely broken.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    Change Values

The problem with map offerings is not only what they offer to survivor and killers in unique proportion, but also the negative design aspects of the maps themselves.

Survivors can take Badham Preschool, Coldwind, and Haddonfield to start the game with a distinct advantage against most killers.

On the other hand, killers can bring Midwitch, Dead Dog, or RPD offerings to hound survivors and give them a unique advantage.

These maps simply need to be changed. Electing one map over another is fine, but it becomes a problem when the maps themselves have horrendous balance and can spell the end of a fun session by virtue of existing.

Suffice to say, it's annoying when a Killer brings such offerings, but Survive-With-Friends lobbies have a monopoly on the scumbag practice of using the strongest offerings wo make the killer want to end their own life.

If anything, 'all of the above' should be considered - where all offerings as-is grant a larger piece of the pie and a proverbial, invisible elimination of other maps (Increase the odds of going to this realm and eliminate another random realm from the selection, making it more likely to be chosen)

And there should also be addons that can remove maps from the roster. An Anti-map offering. So if someone REALLY doesn't want to play on Mother's Dwelling again, they can bring an offering to cut it out of rotation.

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467
    Options
    Change Effect

I would defo appreciate NOT being sent to a map rather than pick the one I want to go.

I am really not fussed about where zi play but, when you've had three back to back matches in Midwich (which happened the last two days), I'd love to be able to block that map fr coming out Again 😊

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    Disable Them

I’d be perfectly happy if map offerings were entirely removed, they cause more trouble than any benefit they give.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,620
    Options
    Disable Them

I’d like to see them be deleted tbh.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Disable Them

I think they were fine early on as they sent you to a realm and each realm had variants. Nowadays it's much closer to 1 offering for 1 map, and the majority of the time people burn them is to specifically abuse something broken about that map.

Personally I'd just love to see them gone so I can stop wasting 5000 bloodpoints every time I'm forced to take one on the web.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    Change Values

Map offerings shouldn't guarantee going to a specific realm. The values should be decreased to slightly (don't know the percentage for that).

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Change Values

Didn't they used to have map offerings that did this?