boil over boil over boil over boil over boil over boil over boil over boil over

Leachy_Jr
Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

How did this perk make it live.

How.

That better get killswitched soon because holy #########.

Comments

• fcb
    fcb Member Posts: 158

I'm having fun on rpd because they are trying this on me, but I have brutal strength (easy hooks). I don't chase the survivor on the library unless he/she is the last survivor, and once the last survivor is down on the library he/she will bleed out.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178
    edited January 2022

This (along with CoH) just feels like someone is sabotaging it all to win their "make the killers quit" bet. He'll, I'd feel better about that because otherwise the only other explanation is that somehow BHVR sees all this garbage and says "Yes, this is balanced and fine".

I'm not sure which is scarier :D

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

It really wouldn't. It'd hard mandate everyone to run the busted stuff in order to have a chance and the entire game experience would just become a mess of escalating bullshit.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

According to some people on this forum, Boil Over is working as intended and the kill switch only gets used on broken stuff.

So i wouldn´t keep my hopes up.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

You could say that our patience is

Boiling over

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

How can they be so clueless about their game ?

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

Ok but hear me out. We give plague permanent corrupt purge.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

That means I have to hear the 'whispers' all game while I chase 115% move speed survivors who get a regenerating Dead Hard every 10 seconds. And a gun.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

This is the problem with many streamers, skewed videos with perfect conditions to prove how substantial or OP a perk is. I remember all of the cryings about Soul Guard being so broken and unfair and the videos depicting the most optimal conditions that rarely happen. Same with Break Out, 20%? No one will ever get hooked! Allocating all or most of your perks for one situation will naturally make you strong in those moments. Also, you're not denied a hook; nothing is promised or guaranteed in the game until you do it. You get the hook when you get it; a down isn't a hook. Like five gens done isn't an escape, you escape when you run out the doors. The 25% from dropping is how it should be; there should be a cost to fall while carrying someone trying to break free. The Killer already gets "free" unlimited stagger-free drops while typically carrying someone.

• How did that make it past the profanity filter? Is "bullshit" allowed?

Anyways, if everything was ridiculously busted, then it wouldn't be a matter of whether something ridiculously busted was being played, but of which ridiculously busted things were being played at any given time. Hoping you guessed correctly and trying to outperform the other side if you didn't. If we went full Yu-Gi-Oh, there could also be a slew of antimeta perks and strategies to use against the meta stuff, and you'd just never know how a game was going to turn out because there'd be to much to play with for things to be consistent.

At least it would solve the balance issue.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

don't worry guys you only have to wait 4 minutes for them to bleed out so it's not worth kill switching

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Technically it is working as intended so no kill switch. Let’s hope RPD gets the permanent kill switch though

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

At this point I'm convinced they left balance in charge of a 5 years old.

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 554

Iron Grasp + Agitation? It's a good combo ngl. Either one by itself will do. But for real, RPD is the problem. If that map wasn't so broken, I don't think Boil Over can be abused as much. It's a Map issue I believe. Although maybe the 25% when dropping off a cliff is a bit overkill, tone it down to like 10% and I think it'll be okay.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

I ran iron grasp, mad grit, lightborn, and star struck all night last night. It was fun seeing survivors cry all night because they weren't able to bully me lol

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

This mostly looks like the specific map tiles just need a hook near them. Put a hook at the top of the library balcony for instance and that should be fine for example. The Midwich one had no hooks in the upper hallway for some reason, again just put a hook in that area and it’s fine.

The only other thing that might actually need a tweak based on the video would be it seemed like sometimes Boil Over was doublecounting falls because the killer “fell” down a ramp. They may need to adjust the height sensitivity so very minor height differences don’t trigger the 25% boost. Either that or only give the 25% bonus once per carry so it can’t get a double boost.

I think dealing with the specific map areas that don’t have enough hooks is the better long term solution since those same areas are already going to be slightly problematic anyway even without Boil Over. Boil Over is really just emphasizing certain layouts that need an adjustment.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

killers dont get stunned when dropping to make it a risky play for survs. hell even when dropping and holding a survivor, a quarter of their wiggle meter? really? to get to a hook? if they had upstairs hooks this wouldnt be an issue but they almost never do

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702
  • anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Don't worry guys, they're "mOnItOrInG" it.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Not entertaining this swf meme at all, it will be nothing but slug builds for the foreseeable future.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

They monitor it, we abuse it. This post is cute because I am referencing a perk name.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

After playing against boil over more I still don't think it's a "good" perk in the sense it won't help you escape the trial but it does make games downright miserable to play. I can bleed the person out on the ground and still pick up another kill or two after that but omg is it boring so just kinda wondering how tf whatever early game mechanics they were testing were not fun but they decided this was creating fun and engaging gameplay.

• ThiccBudhha

Yes, hook denial has never helped me escape a game before. Nope. Not at all. Boil Over is very weak, please keep it the way it is...

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164
    edited January 2022

Had a survivor burn for the Eyrie. They go up on the top floor. I down them two feet from that upstairs hook. They start wiggling, and that stagger immediately sends me over the edge onto the ground floor far away from that hook or any other.

####. This.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I've just been bleeding them all out so no it hasn't although I guess technically you could argue it's letting one or two of their teammates escape but I don't think that's their intention.

• SilentShepherd
    SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527

what does Brutal Strength have to do with anything? do you mean Iron Grasp?

• SilentShepherd
    SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527

The RCPD issue has been here for a long time and has NOTHING to do with Boil Over. If no hook spawns in library, this happened without Boil Over too. Sometimes hooks spawn in the first floor of library , fixing the issue for that match.

• ThiccBudhha

They use brutal strength to break their knees so that their wiggling is less efficient, clearly.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,176

I got hit by a lot of Boil Over today and they wriggeled off quite often. So I have developed this modus operandi: I pick them up, I notice the red horse icon on the lower right. Is there a hook pretty close? Ok, I will hook the survivor there. Is there a hook in medium range? I drop the survivor and chase the others that come for the rescue. I never slugged much before, but I must say, it got its perks. Its got a certain danger to it, because everyone can be picked up in 1s once they gathered their own strength, but everyone still goes down incredible easy.

I noticed that because of this the Boil Over pandemic is already dying down, the storm blew over, I guess? And when a slugged survivor wriggles left and right on the floor, I usually give them the benefit of the doubt that they won't betray my trust and I pick them up. But you get exactly one chance at this, if you wriggle on my shoulder after this, you get thrown down again, and then can slug till you bleed out.

I had one really sore loser in RPC. It was luckely a random map, no offering, so people didn't come prepared with Exponential and stuff, but it was still a nightmare. After a lot of sweat and a few lost years of my live I had three survivors killed, but the last one had Boil Over and was lying in a dead part of the map, where other survivors had already destroyed all the available hooks. This last survivor was on the ground for about 1min and wriggled left or right, so I picked her up and she started to wriggle on my shoulder. This repeated three times, because I was actually fed up with this trial and I tried a few more times to silently communicate with her. I guess she was pretty close to breaking free. Well, in the end I just sit there and watched her bleed out while she wriggled on the floor the whole time.

In the after game chat she and her team mates were just laughting their asses off and from their behavior I gleened that they were probably still kids who got lifetime to squander. Whatever, the Boil Over thing doesn't seem to be that bad, probably like with Lucky Break, but I still think that the base power is now strong enough and that the 25% from falling is just way too strong.

• Lunar_Wing
    Lunar_Wing Member Posts: 30

I have fully stopped playing killer as soon as I found out this went live. There is no way in hell I am dealing with that #########.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,633

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

-- Robert J. Hanlon

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Oh they balance...around survivors like they always do. This and that Bane Totem is further proof of that.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,910

Yeah, I've already bled out a few survivors using a build centered on Boil Over who kept running to corners when they knew they were going down. I actually don't mind it so much as complement to a build, but when used with flip-flop, etc...yeah, no mercy from me. And they know it too, because some are running tenacity and unbreakable with it.

If I run into teams using these builds, rulebook is going in the toilet.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

That is true but it hurts my brain even more to think that the devs could look at this and go "this is fine". It being a conspiracy between a few members of the dev team purposefully trying to sink their own game in a bet makes me feel way better.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I will maybe try playing Killer again but the first loser who tries to do a Boil Over bully crap on me will have me sitting on thier bleeding body as I watch them bleed out.....I don't care if I lose all Gens in the process....

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
  • DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Give Agitation a -25% on wiggle bar to survivors when killer drops also, it evens things out.

• EvilJoshy

We shouldn't have to equip a perk to counter a bad game design. We can only equip 4 and there's more problems then there are perks to correct them :P

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
  • EvilJoshy

It's not bad game design if you unhook right in the killer's face. It's bad game play.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,633

Acting like if one knows better than everyone else against all evidence is, alas, a pretty common failing.

I've worked for several companies and I've seen people who weren't complete moron destroy their life's work and lose millions by sheer hubris. These people all had an huge success that could largely be attributed to chance but acted like if they were living gods. Chance of course isn't very reliable in the long term so it never ended well (An euphemism, but let's not go dark here.)

Everyone's favorite Huntress main has suggested that maybe some of the devs who used to work on Deathgarden were now assigned to DbD. Deathgarden died partly because killers were OP yet they kept being buffed against the opinion of the players, until nobody cared.

Here the roles are reversed but the principle is the same.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Why do I feel like the devs are just gonna add hooks to all these abusable spots before they change this perk to something that promotes healthier gameplay?