Any other killers play more survivor after SBMM?

I feel like i can't be the only one who plays more survivor then i used to do.

If so, can you explain why? I don't want to give my opinion on this just yet because i really want to know how others think about this. Please let me know because i really want to know if other people have the same opinion about this. Thank you!

Comments

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

I just play less in general since SBMM. CoH and Boil over certainly didn't help though.

But going to survivor? Eh. Doing gens is boring, and typically solo Q is just an unfun mess. When I win in solo Q the game was typically like:

1) Killer got stomped and I AFK'd on gens all game

2) Barely escaped through the hatch/gate and was more annoyed at my team than the killer

Very rarely are there the fun back-and-forth matches. I would not go main survivor outside a SWF personally.

Why? All the weaker killers who rely on survivor mistakes are worthless when the survivors you are playing against make almost no mistakes. BHVR won't buff the weaker killers to make them viable against good survivors.

I'm in an MMR they don't care about or balance around.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941

I feel like there are so many people like you who play this game less since SBMM and i completely understand why.

It's just so sad to see this game get less played just because of the SBMM. I feel like going back to the ''old'' ranking system would make it so much more fun.😥

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    edited January 2022

SBMM made me play less in general. I'm not a huge fan of survivor gameplay and queues are long as hell for me. I used to play 8-15 games a day, now I probably play that in a week, and I just came back from a 1 month long break. Game is going downhill fast for me after SBMM.

• GamerEzra

Terrible to hear this.😥

My queue time for killer is 10 seconds (sometimes even less) and for survivor it's about 8 minutes or something like that.

One day I hope the devs realise that the SBMM made the game so much less fun and people even quit the game because of it.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,867

SBMM hasn’t affected my killer playing time one single bit.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Yes. I hit iri 1 first month but after I play way to much survivor to git iri 1. I dont have near the time to hit iri 1 in both. Killer is in a spot where even winning is meh.

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960
    edited January 2022

No cause survivor is piss easy and I get bored too quickly. I just play less cause I'm tired of getting screwed by match making.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Maybe a bit more survivor, but it's not necessarily because killer is harder now. I think I'm just playing less overall. 75% of the time I'm getting survivors nowhere near my skill level and it's a 4k at 3-5 gens. And the other 25% of the time I actually get a decent match. It's just super boring.

And solo queue is awful as well right now. I get teammates and a killer who just bought the game or I get a good killer and still get teammates who just bought the game.

I don't know what the devs are thinking right now. "Let's make matchmaking skill-based, but as soon as there is any sort of wait time, we'll throw out any sort of skill-based consideration and match people randomly. That'll be the most fun thing in the world. Then we'll watch our numbers drop for 3 months straight and do nothing."

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,960

I actually played killer more when sbmm was added, I like to take frequent breaks from the game, during the rank based matchmaking that meant I would go on a massive stomp fest because i would keep facing new players or face bullysquads. this game is only enjoyable to me in short amount, the grind, toxicity and unfun tactics get tiring very fast.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

I play less overall, and definitely less killer.

Used to play 4-5 matches a night, 3-4 killer and 1-2 survivor.

Now I typically play 1-2 matches every other day. Usually survivor and if I feel like it, one killer match to get the 300 xp.

My main issue is that whenever I ready up as killer I am instantly matched, which pretty much always means I'm being sent to some high level players who have been waiting for a while. It's just not worth it.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

I used to play survivor a lot, now I mostly play killer because of MMR. MMR killed soloQ.

• FixtionuL
    FixtionuL Member Posts: 54

I've tried to play a bit more survivor but I mostly play after work in the evenings and supposedly that's the time when queues for survivor start to increase. I get bored waiting 5-10 minutes for a total free for all survivor game when I can instantly get in a killer match. Killer matches can also be free for alls with professional loopers you swear have stretched res to total megheads that throw themselves at you.

If queue times in the evening were shorter for survivor I would love to play. I don't care if I have to complete 3 out of 5 gens by myself or if I have to lead the killer on a 5 minutes chase. It's way less stressful than playing killer

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Actually I play less survivor because I often find that as team we are repeatedly matched against killers who just can't really compete. It often devolves into only one or two people interacting with the killer all game and the rest just smashing out the gens, if you don't get found first you're the gen jockey otherwise you're the chase and camp official.

Also play less killer just because its getting stale.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Yeah, Survivor is just the easier chill way to play. It continues to get easier everytime I see a new way survivors use an advantage to toy with the killer.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Survivor is more fun if you have decent teammates.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Yes...but it's purely coincidental. SBMM brought me back to the game, and with me playing more, I occasionally dabble in survivor a bit more.

I personally find survivor a lot less engaging, and I tend to get bored after 2 or 3 matches, win or lose.

What's happened recently though is that I'm playing less, and now I'll be avoiding playing at night completely, at least until the SBMM changes go live. It's just miserable.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

I do but mainly on weekend days and sometimes right after work because the queue takes too long otherwise. My killer queues range from instant to , at worst, less than a minute. When I get frustrated I play something else (mainly Planetside 2 and Civ 6)

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Well, I am about to for the rift. Not looking forward to it at all.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Not me, I like playing killer, I'm playing just as much now as I did before SBMM went into effect. (If anything I'm actually playing more.) But I've never found survivor as fun so I don't play that side.

• GamerEzra

I feel like my teammates are mostly just as bad as before SBMM tbh.😅

• Moplington
    Moplington Applicant Posts: 30

It's actually reverse for me I'm playing a lot more killer now than I used to. I rarely touch survivor anymore.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I do when the q is faster than normal.

• fcb
    fcb Member Posts: 158

I played some games the other day, and I realized I'm pretty bad, I'll continue playing as killer.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

I actually play killer more now. No due to SBMM.

I think if they want to keep it they need to address a couple things.

Firstly make the SBMM score range MUCH more vast so that there is much more variation between skill levels. I think theres not enough range between some people but there is a big skill difference.

Secondly make SBMM far more killer specific. Ive got 250 hours on PC (2k on playstation though so know the game, but i never played killer on ps due to controls), about half that 250 is on killer, almost all on nemesis and pinhead who have got me to rank 1 and ive done quite well with them. However i want go try huntress, nurse etc. And literally im matched with such good teams of survivors i barely even get a chance to practice.

There is no difference playing as survivor between which one you pick, but picking up a new killer i think is much harder and very specific whrn it comes to learning their abilities. It should reflect an almost entirely new score imo per killer chosen and how well you have performed with them - i know they already have this in place so if you pick an unplayed killer your MMR is lower but its not low enough and still too weighted on your overall kills regardless of which killer you play .

• GamerEzra

Same! At night my killer queue is almost instant. I don't want to wait 10min for a survivor game.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

The sad thing about it is that it's a vicious cycle as well. Less Killers, more high tier survivors who can't get Killers of their own caliber and end up stomping on baby Killers who in turn quit etc. No matter how much my MMR is dropping lately, I'm still not getting those never look behind themselves and running at the edge of the map folks that I'm always paired up with in SoloQ. I thought it was just talk about how Killers are dropping out but with the player numbers according to Steam plummeting like crazy, it does feel like we are running out of people willing to put up with the miserable experience of playing Killer.