Skill Check Delay issue

Options
Jessicanity
Jessicanity Member Posts: 18
edited February 2022 in Bug Reporting

When playing with slightly higher ping (200-300), which is what I usually play on as I'm playing with friends across the world, I'm having a new issue with skill checks. I haven't been able to check if this happens on lower ping, but basically, if I hit the skill check in the later half of the bar (still hitting it on my screen and getting the good skill check sound effect), it seems to be desynced; it causes gens to blow or survivors to be stabbed during healing, as if I'd failed the skill check.

On my end I don't see or hear the gen blow up or the survivor flinch or scream, but others in the match do. On my end progress also doesn't revert on the bar, but the bar freezes for a few seconds as the skillcheck has technically been failed.

It's making it very frustrating to play when I'm messing up my team because of the failed skillchecks that aren't failed on my end. And the solution of "just play on better ping" isn't practical (if it even works) because then I can't play with my friends. I also work night shift, which means that when I get to play it's usually around 3AM for me, and if I try to search for lobbies on my side I'll never get one because of the smaller local playerbase and the timezone.

EDIT: This is on PC.

EDIT 2: Here's a twitter link to a video another user posted of the problem (shared with permission): https://twitter.com/eIIiotwitt/status/1488181407562502145

EDIT 3: Tried turning off the wiggle beta to see if that had anything to do with it, but still having the issue.

EDIT 4: A friend tried running corrective action to at least help with this a little, but even though he had tokens for corrective action, they weren't taken when my skillcheck "failed" and the generator still blew up. I also succeeded in finishing the High Skill challenge (for great skillchecks) even though all of my great skillchecks in the match in question regressed progress/counted as failures in the match. There's clearly some discrepancy as the skill checks are being counted as successes and failures at the same time. (I don't seem to get points for the skillchecks either)

Post edited by Jessicanity on
10 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Jessicanity
    Options

(This is on PC, sorry, forgot to state)

• Zerfirum
    Zerfirum Member Posts: 1
    Options

Im having the same issue, for me the skill check was a success but the gen regress and for the other players it exploded.

Im also playing with 300ms and never had this problem until the last patch.

• ManiacmanJW
    ManiacmanJW Member Posts: 13
    Options

Same here this needs to be fixed ASAP its practically unplayable if you cant do gens or healing people without screwing up every time there is a skill check i even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but the glitch remand. wish you the best of luck.🍀😁👍

• ManiacmanJW
    ManiacmanJW Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2022
    Options

They wont fix this they don't care. It'll probably fix after they get the new event and beta out of the game but if that dont fix it than guess gamer's like us are crap-out-of-luck than 😣😭. Also anyone that sees this post please vote up on this problem so it'll be seen and hopefully fixed 🙂👍.

Ive been playing this for 2 months now the skill check was fine it worked right but after the dreaded update with the new wiggle system (beta) the game has cased a meager error in the game that hasent been fixed weather you care or not corps you will lose players if you don't get this fixed so get to it.

Post edited by ManiacmanJW on
  • Tofu_Queen
    Tofu_Queen Member Posts: 5
    Options

I’m thankful to see this and know I’m not the only one this is happening to. I was starting to think this was only an issue on my end. The same exact thing has been happening to me for the last couple of weeks so it has to be since one of the most recent patches. I also have high ping, but for the past year or so I’ve played the game, skill checks have never been an issue. Fixing my connection isn’t possible because I have satellite internet which is the only internet option in my area, tragically.

Anytime I hit a skill check successfully (regardless of whether it’s in the good or the great skill check zone), there is no audio or visual cue on my end that the skill check has been missed, but the progress of whatever I am doing regresses as if a skill check is missed. It makes the game nearly unplayable because fixing gens, healing others, or myself takes seemingly five times the time it normally does and my teammates want nothing to do with me after they think I’m missing every single skill check (rightfully so lol).

This is one of my favorite games so I am dying for the developers to notice and patch this. 😭💔

• Devilish_Cassidy
    Options

This bug been happening for me for a weeks now sadly no change but my friend was spectating me and I got the skill check right but on her screen I got two skill checks at the same time which is why I’m guessing it shows for others I’m messing up the skill checks. I really hope they fix this I can’t play dbd it’s not fun anymore and impossible, I just want to play my favorite game again:(

• ralphish
    ralphish Member Posts: 6
    Options

i'm having the same issue.

it's so frustrating it makes me not want to play because i'm slowing everyone else down and drawing the attention of the killer.

• Jessicanity
    Options

This issue has not been resolved in the latest update, I did check.

• Jessicanity
    Options

This issue is still persisting.

• Tofu_Queen
    Options

Yep, it’s still persisting for me too.

• AriaStrife
    AriaStrife Member Posts: 3
    Options

Same issue, been playing since 2018, only started after they released that new toggle button update, I don't even use it but my skill checks for healing and gens have been screwed since, only thing not affected is skill checks when second hook I somehow don't get penalized for that.

• AriaStrife
    AriaStrife Member Posts: 3
    Options

Same for me!!! I have satellite internet and this issue never happened until these new updates.

• Tofu_Queen
    Options

Yep exactly! On second hook the skill checks work fine for me too and even the skill checks for the toggle buttons to break out of the killer’s grasp work great so I don’t understand the issue. It’s killing me though lol. I tried turning the toggle feature off and that didn’t do anything either.

• Jessicanity
    Options

Literally got someone killed last night because a healing skill check that I hit broke them anyway and the killer came over :)

• Tofu_Queen
    Options

Lmao I can’t even try to heal others anymore unless I have a Medkit or the game is going really well and I feel like we have time to spare because I know I’m gonna “miss” like 5 skill checks that I hit perfectly 😅 Usually people just interrupt me healing them and run away 😃

• Jessicanity
    Options

Playing against the doctor is still the worst for this glitch IMO. Once you're in madness 3 you might as well give up on doing anything because you're sure as hell not going to be able to snap out of it with how many skillchecks you'll be "failing". Just find a corner and accept your fate 😂

• Jessicanity
    Options

This is still ongoing and hasn't even been acknowledged after over a month.

• JoaoVanBlizzard
    JoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 554
    Options

actually, I would like them to increase the size of the "Decisive Strike" skillcheck, because it makes me want to cry when we make a mistake because of ping or delay variation, besides being too small, the perk has already received nerf because all world believes that anyone hits perk skillchecks, so I see no reason to make the skill zone bigger to avoid these ping problems in matches, the same in hook skillchecks

• ClaireRedfieldV
    ClaireRedfieldV Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yep, I’ve been having this issue since the last update, even have filed complaints, my sister has too because she experiences the same issue. I agree with the one user going against doctors is impossible right now, but gotta add on so is going against the Pig. If I get a thing on my head, it might as well be an instant mori cause either the skillchecks are cutting me so much she comes and downs me or it takes too long on one box so unless it’s in the first or second, I’m done for. It’s seriously irritating. Dbd is my main game and my sister isn’t a gamer, she literally ONLY plays dead by daylight cause it’s fun for her here and there but now she can’t even do that cause of the bug. Wish it would fix.

• Tofu_Queen
    Options

Yep this happens to me too. I think going against the Pig has been far worse. I have literally died just from “missing” good skill checks over and over again when trying to remove the bear trap until it blew up on me. 👍🏻

One thing I have noticed is that when playing against the Huntress, if she has the Huntress Lullaby hex equipped and you can’t hear her anymore and you get no audio warning for the skill checks, the skill checks work as normal but only when that hex is active. Anyone else noticed that?

I'm currently downloading the new update and hoping to god it’s gonna fix this.

• ClaireRedfieldV
    ClaireRedfieldV Member Posts: 2
    Options

yeah that happened to me aswell with huntress lullaby, I was so sad when a teammate cleansed it lol but it looks like the new update fixed the issue finally. I still had a total of 4 skillchecks within a 6hour span that still regressed but once in a blue moon is fine with me lol I’m just happy I can play again properly