Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

(PC) Strange crash.

Zyie
Zyie Member Posts: 90

Platform: PC, Windows Store (through Game Pass).

So, since the newest patch, it has now happened at three different occasions, two of them while in a game, once in a lobby waiting to load into a game.

It's as if I've pressed alt+f4, because the menu asking "Are you sure you want to quit" pops up. If I do nothing, or I press cancel, the game just crashes after about 5-10 seconds with no error messages. This has happened both when I was tabbed out of the game, and when I had the game focused.

Super strange, not sure if it's a bug, some new hack people are using, or what.

I have propperly searched through my computer for viruses, malware and the like, showing 0 results, so I highly doubt that it would be a virus of some kind, and it's never happened outside of the game, which further makes it unlikely that that would be the source of the issue. I tried looking through the forum, and I haven't seen anyone else report the same issue though.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Zyie

This is still happening, just happened again right now. It's happened 4 times so far.

And again, it has never happened when playing other games, and I haven't had any other random windows close down or anything. This time it happened in a match as well, against a michael. Another person crashed in the same game as well a few minutes earlier while they were in the middle of a window vault.

• Zyie

Still happening, has happened maybe 6-7 times now. Again, no viruses or malware shows up, has never happened to any other games or windows since it all started which makes it really unlikely that it's anything like that causing it. Just pops up a window mid-game asking "are you sure you want to quit?" as if I would've pressed alt+f4, if I do nothing, game crashes, if I click cancel, game crashes, every single time.

It happens if I am on a hook and pressing nothing, it happens when I'm healing ppl, it happens when I do gens or run around or even when I'm fully tabbed out of the window.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? The only explanation I have is that it must either be some sort of bug, exploit or cheats.

Every single time so far that it has happened, I've been in a match except once where it happened in a lobby about to load into a match.