Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

which of the following non humanoid killers would you most want to see in DBD?

N8dog
N8dog Member Posts: 541

which of these would make for the most interesting original killer?

which of the following non humanoid killers would you most want to see in DBD? 33 votes

Minotaur
12%
musstang62EnderloganYThilapastaBafflingMoron 4 votes
Giant Spider
54%
Seiko300TapeKnotInnCognitoDimekpizzaduffyhp90katerinaraeDr_LoomisPrex91ValikUndershotNoOneKnowsNovaN8dogHaunterofShadowsAurelleBennett_They1ThemGRIG0BothSidesEnjoyerGrumpyKurama 18 votes
Mermail/Undyne
6%
QwQwTheValac 2 votes
Killer Robot
27%
RaptorrotasCornpopers_EvanJay_WhyaskBrokenbonesNoName4thog1Trickstaaaaarugby_hooklegionMainAKA_Shadow 9 votes

Comments

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Killer Robot

I'm going to be a absolute cheater and say two of them. I've been dying to see a Spider of any kind and a Robotic killer as well since the start of me playing. So, either of those two I'd be 100% down for. :>

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

A robot can be humanoid, so there's still potential of getting a Killer Robot.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Humaniod means humanlike in shape so pretty much everything but the giant spider is instantly disqualified.

Minotaur and Undines are inherently humanoid and so are most killer robots.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Giant Spider

I think a spider killer would be cool.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    Killer Robot

Did you know that animatronics are some kinda robots in a certain franchise?

But seriously I think most of those could fit if correctly implemented.

Except the minotaur, too similiar with oni skin.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Giant Spider

Giant Spider is honestly the least likely thing to be made. Devs stick to human / once-human / humanoid characters pretty exclusively, but the "Giant Spider" is such a classic pick that harkens back all the way since when DBD released that I couldn't help but pick it for the purposes of this poll.

I just want them to actually update the Minotaur legendary skin and give it the same treatment legendaries are getting nowadays. As it stands, I think it's pretty low quality by comparison, why does the Minotaur still sound like a rage filled Samurai warrior? Why does the Greek Minotaur wield a Japanese Kanabo? I'd love to see the character make fittingly inhuman sounds which befit an actual minotaur, and wield a Labrys which is fairly iconic to the myth and culture of the original legend.

Undertale (I'm assuming Undyne being the Undyne from Undertale) is probably one of the least fitting licenses out there, it's cutesy style and tone is far too divergent from Dead by Daylight. Sure they're "monsters" but for most of them, save a few, they're monsters in the same way that Pokémon are "monsters" and it just doesn't work. Undertale has it's dark moments, "brother-killer" and all that, but for the most part it is far too light hearted for Dead by Daylight, hence the bone puns and jokes about Spaghetti.

Still waiting on the T-1000 from Terminator. I think the liquid metal android would be extremely unique even as far as mechanical inhuman characters go, and would diversify the killer roster quite a bit. Plenty to work with as far as powers go toward a kit, would have a really interesting M1 with knife arms or other classic slasher instruments, and if a shapeshifting power was ever going to exist in Dead by Daylight the T-1000 would be my 2nd pick to give it to (obviously John Carpenter's The Thing would be 1st pick). Hell, I'm half expecting a fnaf animatronic to come eventually, so if they did make an original robot character, it'd have to be pretty unique from either of those franchises I think.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Giant Spider

The undyne is a legit mythical creature/monster. It is not created by Toby Fox and is also a playable race in some tabletop RPGs

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited February 2022
    Giant Spider

In which case if you're talking about the mythical creature it's spelled Undine or Ondine, not Undyne - because the latter is the character created by Toby Fox. A google search will ONLY bring up Undertale if you search up "Undyne" so I don't feel as bad for misinterpreting, since it was the result of a typo on your end.

Equally my point still stands, I don't see what kind of place a Water Nymph has in Dead by Daylight.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Giant Spider

Not only does it fit with the aesthetic the best, but it would also be the most inherently interesting in my opinion.