Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would you like to see which killer you're going to face in the lobby?

Faulds
Faulds Member Posts: 903
edited February 2022 in Polls

I know it could cause a problem with survivors dodging lobbies too often. But i think it could be interesting to be able to see which killer you are going against in lobby.

Edit: for example, if you're tired to go against the same killer in a row... you could dodge lobby.

What's your thoughts?

Would you like to see which killer you're going to face in the lobby? 52 votes

Yes
15%
PSPTrickstaaaaaAmb104Fauldsjustrado22ajzombiejjazzy_jjTwyla 8 votes
No
84%
GibberishSeiko300TapeKnotInnCognitoAven_Fallenkaterinaraemusstang62MrPenguinTaigaUistreeloxygenGeneralVRoboMojoLofepramineValikTatariuArchAbhorSuzuKRFobboNoOneKnowsNova 44 votes

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,612
    No

Unfortunately, the game isn't really built in such a way that seeing the killer in the lobby wouldn't be abusable. Maybe if loadouts were locked after you got into a lobby, but even then, if it's a stealth killer that's far too much info.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    No

Nah. The key is less information (aka Killer cannot see anything else than which Survivor and which Items) and not more information.

Knowing who the Killer is would just result in using counters against said Killers or straight up lobbydodging.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707
    edited February 2022
    No

Not knowing which Killer you're up against right away is one of the core parts of DBD. Stealth killers can rely a lot on surprise at the beginning of the match and knowing exactly who you're playing against would allow you to change your loadout accordingly (eg. IW against spirit, calm spirit against doctor, not bringing a medkit or any healing perk against a plague, etc.).

I don't even like the idea of a "survivor lethal" perk.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    edited February 2022
    No

The entire point is you are not able to know beforehand because that is an immense amount of info to play around and counterbuild. Survivors are literally not intended to have that info. Stop trying to get out of matches you dislike.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    No

The only pressure killers have at the start is that until you figure out what killer it is you don't know what to do to counter them. If you knew the killer has no 1 shot element to their power you can throw on overcome with lb or lightweight to escape easier or if it's plague you can be like "no point in this medkit, i'll switch my item." That would suck massively especially since you can't switch killer in the lobby anymore.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    No

A lot of Killers wouldn't exist anymore

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    No

absolutely not. this would only make games more frustrating for killer, there's no reason to give that big of an advantage to survivors.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    No

It would ruin the element of surprise.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited February 2022
    No

Stop trying to fudge up queue times more than they already are.

Survivor queue is already insanely long right now and you want to give people MORE opportunities to make it even longer with constant dodging.

???

Not to mention it'd disproportionately affect specific killers, if I had the choice I would never go up against a Plague, Leatherface, or an Artist, regardless of how good or not good they are I do not enjoy matches against those killers. Be that as it may, my feeling for those killers aside, I understand that some people still want to play them- they like those characters and that's something to be respected at the very least.

EDIT: On top of that it would make killer absolute hell because it would give opportunities for survivors to actually PREPARE to go against a killer. This might not be an issue at low ranks where nobody has anything and nobody knows what they're doing, but at even middle ranks let alone high ranks (yeah yeah, ranks don't exist anymore, regardless you know what I mean) this is God awful. Imagine seeing you're up against Ghostface / Wraith / Pig and EVERYBODY runs Spine Chill. Or against Legion / Oni and EVERYBODY runs desperate measures / We'll make it / COH. Forcing a Trapper or a Hag to run against 4 survivors all running Small game. Every Doctor has to deal with Calm Spirit, my God the list goes on and on and on.

On every level and from every angle this is a horrible idea.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    No

Not only does this get rid of a lot of the fun and mystery about the game - but it completely breaks the balance.

Sweaty survivors are already bringing the best items and perks - imagine if they see they're going against a plague, so they bring flashlights instead of Medkits and swap out SelfCare-COH for other perks.

All survivors would gain an extreme advantage by this, and it would serve no purpose except to make the game LESS interesting or fun to play.