Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you run Shadowborn?

RacTF
RacTF Member Posts: 14
edited February 2022 in Polls

I literally have to use the perk on all of my killers because it made me nauseous when doing fast actions without level 2 or 3 of it. Playing Bubba or Blight is just impossible and I figured I would see what others thoughts on the perk were and how many people actually run it.

Thanks for taking the time to read and bigger thanks for the voters. <3

I've been playing so much of this game and I'm basically a killer only player, so I decided to take to the forums to see what peoples thoughts were on the matter since this is a big thing for me, and I even made a full post about my experiences and opinions on the matter here:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/308513/i-have-to-use-shadowborn-level-2-3-without-getting-nauseous

Do you run Shadowborn? 35 votes

Yes, I literally have to use it
17%
SN1P3R5G3TH3ADHermitDemonbrantyellowguy77RacTFusesPython 6 votes
Yes, I think the game just looks better or plays smoother
2%
Uistreel 1 vote
Yes, I just like it
17%
VolantConch1719Aven_Fallenmusstang62PSPAnneBonnyNebulite3795 6 votes
No, I would rather run better perks
17%
TapeKnotValikthog1D4M4VR1CKHelloYouion_eyes 6 votes
No, I just don't find it necessary to play
14%
InnCognitoSebaOutbreakSideLandredGamerEzra[Deleted User] 5 votes
No, I Just don't use it
14%
Seiko300anonymous31337[Deleted User]Fobboordinarylegionmain 5 votes
No, I've never used it
17%
SudoxxedShapedDrakon797Aurellepyramidheadmain6233sizzlingmario4 6 votes
I'm a survivor main I'm just here to see the results lol
0%

Comments

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

Once you start using it, there is no hope of escaping. Come join us, we have cookies :D

• RacTF

THE COOKIES ARE THE BEST

It's just so good, I really missed out on the game for years since all I knew was that I got sick when playing DX

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941

I don't need shadowborn, I'm not even sure if i have ever used it or not. Maybe when i didnt had any other perks.

You're not the only killer that feels like it's a need to run it, one of the best blights in DBD (Lilith Omen) also always runs it.

• Hermit

We blight mains need to move fast, feel the speed, wrmm wrmm :D

• GamerEzra

I might try it out on him. I just feel like it's a waste of a perk slot tbh.😅

If i tried it i will let you know.😂

• Hermit

Don’t forget to bring double speed addons as well… I will be in the kitchen preparing your cookies :D

• GamerEzra

Good one! Thank you.😆😅

• RacTF

VROOM VROOM BABY I can't wait to get it tiered up for him

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Yes, I just like it

i wish there was just a killer fov slider, it really is not much of an advantage, for sure not one that's worth an entire perk slot but god i just do not like the default fov at all.

• RacTF

Exactly, there are like 2 FOV perks, Wraith needs a perk rework since the other two nobody runs literally ever, plus Monitor and Abuse would be used just as much if they had just the terror radius thing and they could just replace the FOV part with something like reducing blinding effects by 3%/5%/8% or whatever ya know

• HelloYou
    HelloYou Member Posts: 99

1440x1080 - 4:3 Enjoy.

• ion_eyes
    ion_eyes Member Posts: 46

The only killer I'd consider using it on is Blight, but he's so strong that he can afford that perk slot for Shadowborn. Every other killer I feel like the benefit of spending an entire perk slot on it isn't warranted.

With the game becoming more difficult for killers seemingly daily....I don't have the luxury of spending a perk slot on something that's ultimately a convenience, not something that is game changing.

I'd probably more likely take "Monitor & Abuse" over Shadowborn for the reduction in terror radius outside of a chase.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    No, I've never used it

I've never bothered using FOV perks.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    No, I Just don't use it

I can't even remember the last time I ran Shadowborn.

Maybe I'll stick it into an intense tracking build just for a joke build for 2-3 matches one of these days.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707
    No, I've never used it

I've never used it, ever.

I don't find the default killer FOV awkward to play with, and if anything when I watch other people use it it looks disorienting to me because I'm not used to it.

Even with monitor it's a bit awkward for me sometimes with the increased FOV but if I'm running it I'm running it for the terror radius, not the FOV.

• RacTF

Understandable, I just wanted to see what everyone's opinions were on it to see if my argument of adding an FOV slider to the game would be widely beneficial if several people got nauseous when playing without it, just as I do. I think it would be a healthy change for the game considering as how most games nowadays have at least 100 - 120 FOV as an option it could be very disorienting for people to hop into this game from others and I could see how it would drive others away from playing as well. A nice change of quality of life along with helping others that actually need it. Plus it would be great to have a perk rework for Wraith and Doc considering as to how F tier all of their perks are.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,216
    Yes, I just like it

I occasionally use it when playing Legion or Wraith with speed add-ons. Legion's lower FoV makes them feel naturally faster, combined with a wider FoV for what feels like even more speed. And Wraith cloaked with his fastest speed add-ons combined with Shadowborn is just something that you have to feel for yourself.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I understand that some people need it to play well. The Wraith kind of got the short end of the stick - with his 3 perks being basically handicap options. Colorblind? Bloodhound. Blurred vision/easily confused? Predator. Motion sick from narrow FOV? Shadowborn.

They should absolutely buff it, as it serves virtually no purpose outside of giving support to those who get ill from playing at such a low viewing angle - but detracts from the experience by ruining your build otherwise. Nobody should have to pick between GOOD perks, and perks that they NEED in order to paly comfortably.

In my opinion, they should go whole hog and make it also the go-to perk for those who have trouble seeing the screen, as well as grant good synergy with stealth killers while giving a pocket of stealth to other killers:

+5 stackable FOV gain.

Increase game brightness and contrast.

Become Undetectable for 10 seconds after being stunned.

While Undetectable, move 1/2/3% faster.

This will allow the perk to synergize better with other perks, give some comfort to those who struggle with the way the game works, and give a tiny buff to killers that strike from the shadows.