Hex Totem Identity and Why Killers Need it

I'm pretty sure people have 100% talked about this but I want to.

During my 12 times of playing killer in total knowing which hex totem is what sucks. Now that Haunted Ground is a thing i think killers need to know what totem is what. My idea is to have the icon of the perk over the hex totem as one of those 2-D image things where its constantly facing you.

Killers should be allowed to costomize how they want to see the icons in the options menu.
Examples:

• How transparent it is
  • How big it is
  • If they want it to be big at a distance and small up close
  • Turn it on or off if they want a challenge

You can already see the totems thought the wall, why not know them? Since Haunted Grounds is now a thing, it will be extremely important to know this information to come up with strategies to bait and protect what totem.

Thoughts?

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited November 2018

TOTH should offer this as an effect maybe, but otherwise no. You shouldn't need to know which is which because there is supposed to be some RNG to it. If you use totems you should have to protect them, I know it's hard but if you knew which totem was Devour Hope it doesn't change the fact it's in the crappiest totem spot on the map. Most killers would probably just DC from that and not even wait for someone to destroy it.

Totems should have a different color aura though. Being tiny and red make them really hard to see at the start of the trial. Maybe make them bright pink, like they appear on maps for survivors. That would make them a lot easier to see as killer.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Would definitely open up wider possibilities for builds. As of right now, I steer clear of multi-totem builds as I'm tired of not knowing what to patrol and find myself losing gens because of it, so I just avoid them.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited November 2018
    Would be nice. 
    I plan on a haunted grounds, ruin, devour hope, and huntress lullaby build, or some variation. Once I get my ducks in order.
    Would be nice if I weren't as surprised by what totem is what as the survivors. Lol
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    All we need is the symbol of the perk that the hex is representing when you walk up to it. Like how you see survivors username above them in the lobby. Done and done simply.
  • bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

You could also just change the color of the totem's aura. make it green or whatever for Haunted Grounds.
    As for the other totems... It surely would be nice to know which is which :)

• CubeyBlueDice
    CubeyBlueDice Member Posts: 61

@thesuicidefox said:
    TOTH should offer this as an effect maybe, but otherwise no. You shouldn't need to know which is which because there is supposed to be some RNG to it. If you use totems you should have to protect them, I know it's hard but if you knew which totem was Devour Hope it doesn't change the fact it's in the crappiest totem spot on the map. Most killers would probably just DC from that and not even wait for someone to destroy it.

Totems should have a different color aura though. Being tiny and red make them really hard to see at the start of the trial. Maybe make them bright pink, like they appear on maps for survivors. That would make them a lot easier to see as killer.

I totally agree with you on both points. I haven't really thought about it that way before. If they change the aura of the Haunted Grounds to be like teal or something that would be cool.