Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Best monster for a killer

N8dog
N8dog Member Posts: 541

which of the following would you most want to see as a killer

Best monster for a killer 21 votes

vampire
33%
Seiko300InnCognitoglitchboihilapastaNoName4Mastatoezombiesandwich 7 votes
Zombie
0%
Werewolf
52%
TapeKnotmusstang62MrPenguinCornpopers_EvanValikLochnload_exethog1TrickstaaaaaHaunterofShadowsjesterkindBothSidesEnjoyer 11 votes
Revenant
14%
SideLandredBennett_They1ThemGRIG0 3 votes

Comments

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited February 2022
    vampire

Personally I prefer werewolves to vampires on most days, but in DBD I think a vampire would probably work better.

Vampire mythology has all kinds of quirks and special abilities depending on which direction you go in, so there's LOTS of wiggle room to create a cool ability out of traditional or brand new powers / storytelling.

Enhanced agility, strength, superhuman senses / vision (night vision / "blood vision"), echolocation, hunting intuition, mind control / hypnosis, shapeshifting / animal morphing / bat swarming (transforming into a swarm of bats), flight, curses / illusions / dark magic, lunar empowerment, teleportation, stealth, and on and on and on. Vampires are literally an open book that you can make into whatever you want them to be.

Werewolves are always kinda just werewolves. And again, conceptually I like werewolves more than vampires- but for DBD I see a lot more potential for vampires to go in super cool directions and werewolves would probably be a bit more bland (I'd hate to see another boring chase killer. Again.)

Also Vampires were basically teased through the archives of DBD. So we know for a fact the idea has crossed the minds of the devs before.

Also, also, VHS already did the Werewolf killer concept. And I've heard kinda mixed things about it as well, so I would say DBD should be pushing in new directions which haven't been explored by other asymmetrical titles before, and a vampire fits perfect in that regard as well.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Werewolf

None of these are particularly fitting - but I believe another monster type (Like demo) would be a lot more interesting.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Werewolf

I want a true brute character. Nemesis felt pretty disappointing coming from a RE fan. He is supposed to be this super fast tank of a beast, but instead we have flimsy tentacle whip (which he almost never used like a whip in RE 3 lol). I want a large monster character, like the opposite of demo. Something that can throw or hit survivors around.