Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Most OP perk in DBD history.

N8dog
N8dog Member Posts: 541

we ALL remember these if we played long enough

Most OP perk in DBD history. 63 votes

OG decisive strike
93%
White_OwlGibberishSeiko300hemlockVolantConch1719TapeKnotInnCognitoTragicSolitudeJawsIsTheNextKillerAetherBytesmusstang62MrPenguinUistreelAhoyWolfGeneralVCornpopers_EvanRoboMojoEnderloganYTGlamourousLeviathanDBD78 59 votes
Old ruin
6%
_NIGHTMARE_N8dogNathan13thog1 4 votes

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    OG decisive strike

OG DS was the worst.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    OG decisive strike

You could get rid of old ruin as fast as you can get rid of current ruin

Original Decisive strike (As in, the one before we have right now) was just broken. 60 seconds of invincibility

The old old decisive strike was also awful

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,698
    Old ruin

I accidentally voted ruin!! But old DS was insanely strong, the survivor has 60 seconds to do whatever they wanted in front of the killer with no risk.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Would original MoM be able to trump both of these?

• Brokenbones
    OG decisive strike

Original MoM was awful but consider the fact half the roster doesn't really use M1 as often as they did back then, it would still be awful but many killers wouldn't really care about it

Still hope we never see a perk as badly designed as that again, though.

• hemlock
    hemlock Member Posts: 106
    OG decisive strike

Once per Trial, when grabbed by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check to automatically escape the Killer's grasp and stun them for 3/4/5 seconds.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
    OG decisive strike

Take a step, drop the obsession, pick them up take another step, drop them again.

It was horrible. How the devs thought this was fun I will never know.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
    OG decisive strike

Old Ruin actually used to be one of the few perks I enjoyed a lot on both sides - as a killer (because of the nice gen-pressure) and as a survivor (because of the need to always hit great skillchecks, which added some challenge to the usually snorefesting holding M1 simulator).

Then again, we all know that even old Decisive wasn't as OP as the Pharmacy is. Green Medkits Supremacy!

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2022
    OG decisive strike

Old Ruin could be countered by hitting great skillchecks (it was in fact a very good training for me, I became quite good with skillchecks thanks to that perk). The original DS was just pure unadulterated BS.

• Brokenbones
    OG decisive strike

It had 2 diff effects

If you were the obsession, when picked up you'd do the typical escape from grasp DS thing

If you weren't the obsession, when your wiggle meter got to a certain low point like 25% or something - you'd get the DS skill check.

Both were awful, but the 2nd effect also made taking hits basically guarantee someone wiggling off

• hemlock
    hemlock Member Posts: 106
    OG decisive strike

It was nerfed to that state after 4 months from release.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited February 2022
    OG decisive strike

I'm late to this one and obviously the poll results are basically set in stone, but c'mon, who was actually gonna vote for Old Ruin lol.

Old Ruin was a problem, but separately it was also problematic because it was insanely inconsistent. Skill checks depend completely on RNG so you could do nearly an entire gen. with only two checks pop up, and the next gen get hit with a skill check every 5 or 10 seconds. Let alone the difficulty of the skillchecks was also subject to RNG as well- those two skillchecks I just mentioned could be some of the easiest to hit and on the other side of the spectrum those skill checks every 5 to 10 seconds could be awful.

So it was very much a hit or miss perk that had the potential to stall a match for really long periods of time- and perhaps have just as much impact if not greater than current Ruin. However, the tradeoff was that this didn't happen every single match and for more than a few of them Ruin could just as easily have been ignored, even if it wasn't cleansed.

Post edited by Seiko300 on
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,216
    OG decisive strike

Old Mettle of Man was pretty high up there as well, but there was nothing like the old Decisive.

Old Ruin was just annoying.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    OG decisive strike

Of the two, I think DS was worse, but OG Object was also horrible.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,541
    OG decisive strike

The very, VERY first DS was definitely the most overpowered.

Everything that came after that, except MoM, was at the very least possible to deal with.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    OG decisive strike

I never felt DIRTY and IMMORAL for bringing old ruin.

Maybe a little bit of a jerk - perhaps a killjoy or a tryhard.

Hitting a killer with old DS made me feel like a villain - like I was the problem with the world.

The fact it took Behavior THIS long to rework it is criminal.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    OG decisive strike

Old Ruin wasnt even good. It was just a noobstomping perk. Good players could easily ignore it.

• D4M4VR1CK
    D4M4VR1CK Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2022
    OG decisive strike

Old Sabo when hooks didn’t respawn because the only way to counter this was with basement hooks. So imagine a entire swf going around Saboing every hook in the map, it made it almost impossible to hook anywhere except basement