Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If you could choice would you keep MMR in dbd or not?

Warfaredragon7
Warfaredragon7 Member Posts: 22

If you could choice would you keep MMR in dbd or not? 18 votes

Yes it's a fine system
38%
DimekTaigaArchAbhorNoOneKnowsNovafogdonkeyjesterkind[Deleted User] 7 votes
No it doesn't belong in this game
55%
GeneralVValikFobboPSPthog1HaunterofShadowsyellowguy77Warfaredragon7ordinarylegionmainBafflingMoron 10 votes
I don't care
5%
SideLandred 1 vote

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    Yes it's a fine system

It has its flaws, but it works much better than people give it credit for.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847
    edited February 2022
    Yes it's a fine system

the issue to me isnt whether or not mmr should be in this game but rather should they have done it when they did it. The idea of putting it into this game is fine but they put it in half-assed and at a point where the game isnt at all balanced.

They should have implemented it after they balanced the game not before. Huge task for behavior i know but I think that they have unironically made some good progress towards it. The fact that they implemented it well before is why i think we are seeing a steep drop of players. Its miserable because they havent balanced out swf and hard tunneling and camping. Imo if you address those 2 things you'd be a lot closer to balance. If they do it in the wrong order lol i think we'll see an even harsher drop of players.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    No it doesn't belong in this game

They need a new system. There have been balancing techniques around for over a decade that they haven't even tried. Instead of sticking to their guns, they should listen to the community and make radical shifts to shake up their meta and matchmaking.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,612
    Yes it's a fine system

Based on what we know, the system itself is fine, the problem is that the matching portion starts widening the parameters too far when it's put under any kind of time-related stress, be it from long queues or from backfilling lobbies. I don't see any reason to abandon the portion that ostensibly works because of that.