Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you think Trapper needs any more changes?

Faulds
Faulds Member Posts: 903

Do you think Trapper is fine as he currently is... or does he still need buffs?

As far as i'm concerned, i think Trapper is fine as he is... except that he could have a tiny buff (making him carry three traps: have the green add-on as base kit). Otherwise, i think he's as he should be.

Do you think Trapper needs any more changes? 25 votes

Fine as he is
12%
GuiltiiPSPBafflingMoron 3 votes
Needs a tiny buff
52%
TapeKnotEnderloganYTDBD78ChurchofPigdugmanBrokenbonesViktor1853N8dogthog1AurellejesterkindFauldsBothSidesEnjoyer 13 votes
Needs huge buffs
36%
GibberishRaptorrotasmusstang62RoboMojoGlamourousLeviathanValikWarcrafter4landromatQwQw 9 votes

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,612
    Needs a tiny buff

In my view, all Trapper needs is a little more help setting up in the beginning of the match (I'd say making all his traps spawn towards the centre of the map skewed towards him, instead of spread everywhere- no more maps on the opposite side of the map to him), and some future-proofing against brighter maps with less grass like Eyrie of Crows.

Otherwise, he's in a pretty decent spot, the big balance pass he got somewhat recently really helped.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    Needs a tiny buff

If I were in charge of picking a change for trapper, I'd make it so his traps are tinted depending on what realm he's in

indoor maps have a more concrete/greyish tint, maps with lots of grass have a very slight greenish tint, maps like eyrie or dead dawg have a slight yellowish tint. All in the name of helping traps be relevant in his worst maps and consistant overall

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Needs a tiny buff

One of Trapper's main problems is his slow start. He has a new Purple add-on now that lets him start with all his traps in hand which really helps with that initial set-up, it almost feels like if that was his base kit and he had an add-on that let him pick traps back up then he'd be in better shape.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Needs a tiny buff

He needs a slight buff, but that's it.

• YOu forgot something. SPEED NERF....When he can outrun a survivor who is not exhausted and using Sprint he is too fast.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Needs a tiny buff

Mostly the maps needs more places to hide traps. Look at the new sand map for example.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    Needs huge buffs

Make his tar addons make traps transparent.

Make traps somehow dangerous to injured people. Ive heard some people suggest adding Deep wounds if an injured survivor frees himself.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517
    Needs huge buffs

Trapper is pretty routinely ranked as a bottom 3 killer in tier lists. He could use A LOT of help

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Needs huge buffs

I firmly believe that he needs to have a reduced terror radius and a lot more traps.

If you give him different utility to keep survivors on their toes as he corrals them into trapped areas, it would be much more interesting to play as/against.

Bear traps are fun - but what about tripwires that slow? What about a fixed rope trap item that ensnares unwary survivors? What about an alarm, or gas-based trap like the clown?

Having more options to trick and divert survivors is the key to making the killer stronger and more interesting. Either his terror radius should be reduced to 24 to make him a lot scarier and unpredictable as he lays traps, or they should boost it to 36/42 to make him a lot more intimidating without giving away his position - while also granting more power to his base kit.