Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

dying light 1/2 inspired perks

LiunUK
LiunUK Member Posts: 944
edited February 2022 in Off-topic

with the release of DL2 It thought it would be fun to come up with some perks based around the franchise I also thought to make the survivor/killer perks parallel to each other, as in the survivors perks have the same theme as the killers perks as the killer was once a survivor before turning into the volatile due to the virus.

Survivor (Kyle crane)

Survival Crafting

you use everything to your advantage, even trash has its value.

every time you cleanse a totem or search a chest you gain 1 resource stack (no. rummaging in an open chest with appraisal won't count nor will re-lit totems from pentimento)

at 4/3/2 resource stacks while empty handed and in a locker press the active ability button to craft a survival flashlight (basically an uncommon flashlight without addons.)

the survival flashlight is fragile and is lost after the trial. (no keepsies)

this perk is basically a "I need a flashlight right now" kind of perk so as long as you have enough stacks you can jump in a locker empty handed and then out of the locker with the flashlight for those slick saves, it also catches the killer of guard as they don't expect you to get a flashlight out of nowhere.

I know its similar to flashbang but with flashbang you do the main objective and get technically infinite firecrackers out of it due to gen regression (I once got 12 flashbangs in one match) which are not as effective as a flashlights but have their uses but with survival crafting you do side objectives to get a limited amount flashlights which is more opportunistic due to not needing to be so close to the killer.

survivor sense

constant stress has heightened your spatial awareness, allowing you see even in the darkest recesses.

whilst crouching press the active ability button to reveal all auras within a fixed 12 meters range of your location for 4 seconds (cannot be increased with open handed)

survivor sense has a cooldown of 40/35/30 seconds.

if survivors senses reveals the killers aura the cooldown is doubled

I had to add the fixed range and double cooldown caveats because I know for a fact survivors would abuse this perk in a chase with open handed.

parkour

as you move you enter into a rhythm, not even a horde can slow you down.

whilst in chase every time you vault a unique window or pallet for the first time parkour gains 1 stack each stack increases your vault speed and your fall recovery speed by 4% you lose a stack after not vaulting a different vault location within 8 seconds.

you lose all stacks when you lose a health state or 5 seconds have passed after the chase ends.

Parkour can stack up to 3/4/5 times

the idea behind this perk is that the survivor is rewarded for comboing multiple different vault locations instead of looping the same window/pallet as you only get a stack the first time you vault them.

but once you lose the stacks either by getting hit or 5 seconds after the case ends you can regain stacks from previously vaulted locations once you are in chase again.

Killer (the Horror/volatile)

congealed gore

your lust for blood and flesh has driven you to the depths of depravity

each time you hook a survivor congealed gore gains a stack.

at 4/3/2 stacks whilst facing an empty hook (dose not work on basement hooks) press the active ability button to convert it into a gore hook. (the hook will have a lot of blood covering it and red particle effects which both sides can see)

survivors on gore hooks have 0% chance to unhook themselves.

gore hooks will not break after a survivor is sacrificed on them.

gore hooks cannot be sabotaged for the remainder of the trial.

with the introduction of scourge hooks(specifically pain resonance) I have seen an increase of sabo squads and sabotage in general. when its one survivor its fine but when multiple survivors are sabotaging hooking is a real pain with this perk you can protect your precious hooks from those filthy survivors.

the thematic idea behind this perk is how in dying light volatile hives have flesh covering everything.

Primal instincts

your senses have sharpened beyond mortal limits

every 30 seconds injured or dying survivors beyond 32 meters of your location have there auras revealed for 4/5/6 seconds

its object but for killers :)

I had to give it a BBQ&chilly range limit because nurse exists. :D

Apex

you are top of the food chain nothing will escape you.

after being in chase for 15 seconds, you vault 20/25/30% faster if a survivor has fast vaulted at that location within the last 5 seconds

fun fact when a survivor fast vaults it takes 0.5 seconds, whilst for killer it takes 1.7 seconds. with this perk alone the killer will vault around 1.2 seconds, with bamboozle it will be 0.9 seconds 0_0.

(̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶3̶ ̶M̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶k̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶0̶.̶7̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶)̶

Post edited by LiunUK on

Comments