The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do people take this game too seriously?

I feel like if anyone takes this game too seriously, they really should consider taking a break.

I was in teams with a streamer today and they raged because our team went down. They didn’t bother going for any saves throughout the match and did gens on the opposite side of the map.

I was laughing because me and some other random kept picking up each other with WGLF doing everything possible to prevent the killer from continuing slugging. It didn’t work out too well in the end.

They were mad because their 5 win streak broke and called everyone trash. The killer, me and the other 2 teammates were on console and they went on to say, “ Of course they are on console, no wonder they were trash”.

I don’t really care for them to bash console players (we get that on a daily basis) but to get really mad for a game, can be really silly. I know me and the other randoms didn’t too well but damn, they really should consider touching some grass.

It’s not the first time I have encountered this type of behavior before.

Comments

• JonahsTablet
    JonahsTablet Member Posts: 762

No everyone plays for fun, are very fair, favor chases over gens, every killer tries to use their power skillfully, and every Tuesday kids go their local Walmart for free ice cream.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

Absolutely they do.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

Absolutely. A lot of "issues" people have with the game aren't issues with the game at all, but rather them making their own misery lol

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

That’s rather sad really. I think if they didn’t take it too seriously, they might actually enjoy the game.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

They probably would but, when so many players have the mindset of I must escape, I have to get a 4K the fun for them doesn't exist instead there games are miserable and in return they make sure everyone in their matches are also miserable.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

People get too much of an ego off this game like they think it's something to be proud of , even if the killer found and killed him before anyone else he would still talk trash just because people refuse to accept when they make mistakes even when their skill is obviously at the bot level of play, I honestly hate the majority of this community because they have the "I'm never wrong because I'm a god" mindset, but for the record there are alot of people I love on this game though also and if it weren't for this game I would've never met them.

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

As long as I get my BBQ and WGLF stacks, I am satisfied.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

As long as everyone is playing it's a back and forth match I'm satisfied.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Unfortunately yes and they have huge egos as well. They are forgetting that this is a video game. No one murdered their family or anything like that.

But most people in pvp games lack empathy as well on top of that. I never understood why can't everyone be nicer to each other, at least don't insult people, is that really hard? Control your impulses for a change...

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Yeah some people act as if they are playing for a million dollars prize each round.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Yeah cause it's a 4v1, just by that it can't be competitive. And to add the cherry on top... the game is too RNG based to be competitive as well.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Let people play how they want, if they want to try, let them, if they want to meme (as long as they're not throwing) let them

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

Oh yes.

What you can read here that some are getting mental health problems because they get bmed in a game is waaayyy too serious for me.

(Also i think a lot of them are kids and maybe shouldn´t play.)

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

We console players are some of the best players out there, even if we don’t get to participate in the PTBs

• xxshyguyxx
    xxshyguyxx Member Posts: 312

DBD is love.... DBD is life....

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Well this game is pretty much my entire home life after work. So yeah I take it too seriously.

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246

Dont stress when you get trashed as a console player, you know what pc stands for...... Probably Cheating. Thats the ttv experience for you. Yeah i dont take it seriously. I play killer on xbox. A couple of games every few days. Its a bit of a laugh.

• conqueror_worm__
    conqueror_worm__ Member Posts: 96

I don't take the game too seriously at all, yeah I try to escape when I'm playing survivor but I'll happily sacrifice myself to get a save or I'll sometimes just mess about during a game (yeah I'm one of them people who pats the stuffed dog on RPD or strokes the horse of Father Campbell's Chapel)

It isn't fun though when every now and again I'll have a night where I'm hoofed out within the first minute in every game I play, its weird, its never like its one game every now and again, sometimes it happens every time I play for an entire night, does anyone else get this? but yeah, when this happens I do become a bit of a try hard just so I can have a good game to try and change my luck.

As killer I rarely take it too seriously because it really is one of them things where anything at all can happen so I just go along with it.

• Fuzzels
    Fuzzels Member Posts: 449

Dude there's tournaments with cash prizes for the game. A game filled with RNG, and crazy things that shouldn't happen but do more often than not. Admittedly I love to watch them. However, the fact that there's a tournament with money prizes for a party game, yeah people take it a bit too seriously sometimes. I mean imagine if someone tried to hold a tournament for Mario Party 2 on n64 and decided there was a $5k cash reward to the winner. Dbd tourneys are kinda like that.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

Taking the game not seriously is the key to hav a lot of fun in DBD. Since I dont care about escapes or 4k Im playing much more relaxed and better as before. And if Im in a bad mood, Ill take a break.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

Yes

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Yes. Yes they do.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Well, yes, but then at least buff MY side, so that I don't get the short end of the stick! Duh.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Yes indeed they take the game too seriously. They act like they are locked in a real life or death struggle to the point they will threaten you, your family, wish cancer on you, and tell you to end yourself; all because you beat them in a video game.

I used to have that rage - then I realized the problem was I was playing a game that I clearly wasn't having fun in. Since learning that lesson and sticking to it, my rage issues started going away.

This is why despite how much I loved World of Warships and World of Tanks - I stopped playing them and moved on. It's why games like Overwatch no longer take up space on my hard drive. If you get into a game so much that you are getting mad and saying such aweful and cruel things - you clearly are not enjoying the game.

No no no, it doesn't matter how people are playing. Bottom line - you can't control how people play. The only thing you have control over is yourself. You will never shame people out of using those tactics - people will use everything in the game to have their fun and it's inevitable. It's on you to decide if it's worth dealing with.

If the game allows for certain tactics to be used and you hate going up against those tactics - then it's your fault for even firing up the game to begin with. If you can't have fun getting beat, you have the wrong game and need to move on.

For the sake of your own sanity and the people in earshot of you - turn the game off and find something else to do. You'll thank me for it later.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

It's okay if they're serious in the competitive sense. People who want to win want high level teammates/opponents and reasonable balance, and most of the time they don't get either of those, so they complain. The people who take the game too serious in a bad way are those that lose 1 match to someone, whether that's a streamer or not, and just stalk that person for weeks or months.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Yes they do. Especially at high ranks people need to care less about winning.