The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is there no match replay

Heyo,

That is crazy to me that there is no match replay available, especially for this game. I'm not a dev, I don't know how hard it is to implement it, but a programmer did it 20 years ago alone on LoL, so how is it not here yet?

Being able to see the game from the opponent's POV would be a huge help to people to know what they did wrong. For example, from a killer perspective to see how they lost a survivor.

Also, I suspect many times hackers in my game, like a recent game where I have vision of both gate, I turn my head for 3 seconds and hear the gates opens and the survivor got away, which makes me question my sanity. You ask for proof to report a hacker but you don't offer the tools to do it, basically letting free real estate to cheaters.

And ffs make boon totems destroyed instead of snuffed, I'm not even sure it would be enough.

Thank you.

Comments

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

Because the game wasn't program to have this feature so putting it in now would mean programming the whole game again for one feature. You are right it sucks you as a normal player are required to have a recording software setup to hit record if you suspect a cheater but unfortunately it's the way it is and thank God they want prove I got acused of hacking multiple times since stranger things left us because people think demo is of the table

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

As mentioned above, it's due to the game not being made with a replay mode in mind. It was confirmed recently in a Q&A (iirc) that the only way to implement it would to be start coding the game from the ground up.