Decisive Strike perk rework suggestion

I would suggest that when the survivor manages to hit the skill check, THEN a skill check is triggered on killer's side. If the killer manages to hit the skill check then a loop begins until either the survivor or the killer fails the skill check. If the killer fails the skill check the survivor is freed and the killer is stunned. Otherwise it will keep going on until the survivor is hooked or dropped on the ground. Maybe the skill check zone gets smaller as the loop goes on.

That's my input. Feel free to discuss.

Comments

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,183

I don't know why, though? I play mainly killer and have been hit with lots and lots and lots of DS, some deserved, some undeserved, but if you look into the history of DS, its probably in the best state it has ever been. The thing is that a survivor might bait you into chasing and downing them, but if they do it off the hook, thats on you. If they do it like 30s later, then this stuff is probably more beneficial to you then to the survivor, because that survivor could do exactly NOTHING else to help his team. Once you touch a generator, or other teammate (to heal) or do anything to advance the game, you will deactivate DS.

There is SOME cornercases where DS feels somewhat unfair, and thats during EGC, when a survivor can get downed and then crawl towards the exit gate, and when you pick them up they stun you and run to safety, but thats literally the only case and it only happened to me once. I mean, just because DS is the "anti-tunnel-perk" it must not punish any situation in which you werent tunneling. Its got several rules that you can learn and then you can often spot the bait and punish the survivor by not going after them and wasting time.

Oh, and some of the locker baits can be pretty dirty, but you actually learn to spot the sus locker jumps right in your face pretty easily and then can react to it how you see fit.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

I'm in for it just because it's gonna be ######### hilarious.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

So now that Decisive doesn’t let a survivor do anything but search a chest or open an exit gate for 60 seconds, now it’s just a skill check war between them and the killer?

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Why? It's fine as is.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited February 2022

You’re wrong, it doesn’t have enough deactivation conditions. /s

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

You know what I think ds is fine but hell I want some perk that works like that it's sounds kinda funny if both are good at getting the checks that get smaller and smaller

• JamnJelly
    JamnJelly Member Posts: 139

Why change it?

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

DS needs a buff. Self healing and healing others should not deactivate it. Progressing objectives or removing totems should be the few deactivation conditions.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910