Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should BT duration be shortened?

Faulds
Faulds Member Posts: 903

In your opinion, should BT duration be shortened? I think that BT duration is a bit much and make bodyblocking not too dangerous because of it. But i don't think it should be below 8 seconds.

What's your thoughts?

Should BT duration be shortened? 38 votes

No, keep it at 12 seconds
73%
KaanaAetherBytes[Deleted User]Mazoobianonymous31337HermitValikTatariubm33BrokenbonesNoOneKnowsNovaselflessneaNoName4FlameGNGGuiltiiNathan13TrickstaaaaaHaunterofShadowsAurelleGarlicRice 28 votes
Shortened to 10 seconds
7%
N8dogFauldsAraphex 3 votes
Shortened to 8 seconds
5%
TeabaggingGhostfaceINoLuv 2 votes
Other
13%
TapeKnotmusstang62MrPenguinThatOneDemoPlayerjesterkind 5 votes

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,612
    Other

If the dev's "basekit BT" tease ends up being a literal case of making BT basekit instead of a case of doing something similar to BT for the same effect, then BT should probably have its effect shortened to compensate.

As it stands, the current duration is fine. Bodyblocking is a problem but that's because of what BT does, not how long it lasts.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

BT in its current iteration as a perk I think is fine being 12 seconds.

However, should it ever become basekit, it would need to be nerfed, though I’d rather go the route of making survivors lose collision temporarily so it can’t be used to prevent the killer from going after someone else, rather than shortening the duration. This solution doesn’t work in its current form, because not losing collision would be a dead giveaway to the killer that the rescuer doesn’t have the perk.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Killer main here, its aight as it is. Only time you're hitting them in those 12 seconds is if you were already stupidly close to the hook anyway.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,699

12 seconds is alright

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Shortened to 10 seconds

I say it should be 10 seconds and that's a safe unhook. That's exactly enough to guarantee its intended purpose

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

12 seconds is ok.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517
    Other

I think BT bodyblocking is the only problematic part of the perk. I'd be fine with 15 second duration if collision was removed during that time

Current BT either punishes you for tunneling, or punishes you for NOT tunneling via bodyblocking. That's bullshit

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    Other

They just need to lose collision

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118

Leave it as it is, if it gets shortened killers are going to abuse it even more. I was tunneled twice through BT by a Doctor recently, not fun at all.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

The problem isn't the time - it's the utility.

BT needs to have a cooldown, or perhaps an Exhaustion debuff.

This would make it just as potent without allowing players to abuse it. By making it an exhaustion perk - you can effectively prevent quick escapes and place a hard cooldown on it. No longer can you sprint burst to a hook for a BT play - you'd have to choose between being the powerhouse team player, or great in a chase. It would also make mind games much clearer - killer sees you use Balanced Landing or Lithe mid chase, they know you aren't about to use BT on the subsequent save.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Other

BT could make the unhooked Survivor lose collision, but the duration is fine