The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The problem with Killer-MMR...

As it is known the MMR for killer is based on the Base MMR when you first start playing killer ( for example 1000 ) and how good you are playing with this killer afterwards... this doesn't sound bad in every way. But why is it that you have for example a high MMR on Nurse ( maybe 1800 ) and you will start playing Twins that you will be matched something around these MMR of 1800? ( Maybe not that high but atleast on a term of 1600 )

It would make things more MMR balanced if every killer had their OWN MMR and not a average of everyone.

I don't know if I got something wrong now but thats just my opinion on the mmr how I heard that it works...

Comments

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

As far as i know each killer should have his own MMR. But i notice it too, if i try to take a new killer (or an old one i just never played) i get swf teams that would hardly (if ever) beat with my mainkiller.

Also, does rank reset affect mmr? Because after rank reset, the games are much more unbalanced, until ranks got sorted out again. I notice that later in the month the games are far more balanced than just after rank reset.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

I think the way they are doing it with individual MMR works. If someone has 1900 MMR with Freddy, starting them at 1100 MMR with Legion would make no sense. Especially as you climb in experience level, transitioning from killer to killer becomes less burdensome except in the case of learning specialized killers like Billy, Nurse, Blight, etc.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Well, the reason you don't start from scratch with every new killer is because having a high MMR on one killer means you know how to play the game.

Sure, you won't know how to use the new killer's specific power, but you understand general gamesense and can at least loop as an M1 killer for a bit while you learn. Starting you against genuinely new players would result in you stomping them even if you never use your power once, because you already know how the game works in general.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I think original poster is asking though is, for example, say I’m awesome with Doctor and I play Nurse periodically. I play Nurse a few times, my MMR is really high because I’ve played a lot of Doctor, and I get decimated when I play Nurse because my base MMR is so high. Losing with Nurse lowers her individual modifier and my base rating very slightly after two or three losses. I go and play Doctor again ten more times, win a bunch of matches, and now when I play Nurse again my MMR is even higher with her.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

...Is that how it works? I don't think it really works like that, I think the averaging only kicks in when you first start playing a killer.

I also don't think that is what OP is asking...? But I'll definitely let them chime in to clarify before I go any further.

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335

Killer MMR doesn't matter in peak play time. That's the issue I see. b/c the game will just match killers up with survivors who have been in que for a long time regardless of MMR. I know this was a thing before with the emblem matching making. However with this new MMR I'll see sweat squads 4/5 matches during peak hours. i play about average killer, nothing like a 7k hour streamer.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Yeah, it’s not entirely clear whether the system has a literally independent MMR for every killer or if you have a base MMR as a killer player and a modifier for each individual killer that gets added to it. Unfortunately the devs don’t go into much detail on it typically so … 🤷‍♂️