Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Successful Skill checks acting as failed checks at high latency

archidus
archidus Member Posts: 1

This is a new bug that started happening maybe a week ago or something. First I thought it was a random glitch that froze my progress when performing heals (either on me or on other people), but then I figured the game was treating my skillcheck as a fail. This only happens when I'm playing with my friend (who's usually the host) thus I have 200+ ms ping

Step 1 - Boot game, play as survivor and either self heal or heal someone else while having high latency.

Step 2 - Notice how sometimes a successful skillcheck is treated as a failed check, stopping the progress and also granting you survival/altruism points for the heal so far.

Frequency: sporadically. Doesn't happen at all times, but it only happens with healing. I've never seen this happen with gen repair skillchecks.

Video for proof: https://twitter.com/archidus013/status/1494119054260547586

I was testing this with my friend and he (as killer) confirmed that the killer does see it as a failed skillcheck, notification included.

1 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated