Tunneling

Options
2»

Comments

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

I simply don't care about all of this. I buy a game, I wanna play a game, if I require to have 3 other sweaty friends to be able to play a match, it should advertise it on the cover (not recommended for solo players). You either make it group based only, or you give me the tools to have a chance against being camped or tunnelled. Otherwise I'm not playing the game. So as long as I have the tools to counter being camped or tunnelled, through perks or base mechanics, and my solo queue is (though hard) playable, I can be fine with it. Make Dead by Daylight SWF only, and you will only play against SWF.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Well, sure. And that's the Pandora's Box that BHVR opened when they added SWF. The game now has to be balanced around SWF, which sort of messes over solos. Otherwise, you're messing over killers. There are three sides here, and one is going to suffer.

Which is why BHVR are adding some changes to help out solos, while also buffing killers.

And yes, I get that you don't care about killer players and that your interest is entirely selfish here. But the game cannot be balanced around your desire to rock killers with ease in solo queue. This game also has to be balanced in a manner that allows killers a reasonable chance to win - and as long as SWF exists - it has to be a factor in this balancing equation.

• Sumnox
    Options

I probably started playing killer before you. So spare me the lecture. And I probably have a lot more hours than you do, because I do have too many. So I do care about killers, because I play killer. It is universally known solo queue is the butt of the joke every time and it's always killers vs SWF.

But tell me, what is Behaviour adding (and when, it's been years) to help me out in my solo queue matches?

You have 2 choices to pick from : Nothing or Nothing.

What one is it?

• StarLost
    Options

As the late, great Terry Pratchett once said 'my bum has been a bum for a very long time, but that doesn't mean anything it says is worth listening to' :).

Unless were talking about something very specific, the persuasiveness of your opinion as opposed to mine is not influenced in the slightest by our relative hours played.

But sure, that's an easy question to answer.

SBMM was designed to help this, and from my own experiences - it has. It's not perfect, but it's certainly better than it was.

In terms of the future - BHVR are adding pretty comprehensive status icons to survivors, which will let solos know who's being chased, who's working on gens, who's going to unhook, if the person on the hook is being camped etc.

• Sumnox
    Options

Alright, so the answer is, as I indicated, nothing.

The future is the future, and remains to be seen. My hopes and trust in this studio is 0.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

The devs do condone it as it is a valid strategy and so is camping. Are they too advantageous? They can be which is a legitimate criticism, but there isn't much to be done about it unless the base gameplay of the game changes. We're pretty much at the limit for non disruptive/abusable counter mechanics.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

They should keep tunnel sorry to say. You are not respected even if you don't tunnel. This game feels horrible for killers.

• StarLost
    Options

No, the answer is - SBMM, and the previously announced status icons, as a start.

You asked a question and I answered it. Solos have gotten help, and will receive more help in the future - as confirmed by the developers. You shifting the goalposts to 'well, I don't believe them' is immaterial. For all we know, the servers could be destroyed in a meteor strike tomorrow. But we need to proceed as if they won't, otherwise all feedback is pointless.

• pieces200368
    pieces200368 Member Posts: 35
    Options

any killer that condones tunneling is probably tunnels players if you do then you suck as a killer because people do escape when the killer stays on one survivor. And I do not have a problem with camping.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Nothing confirmed yet but maybe BT will be base-kit. That can help

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

If I had a dime every time someone said

"Anyone notice that (insert bad thing that legit always happens) is happening more than usual recently?"

I'd be rolling in dough.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,301
    Options

*Waits out BT*

*Waits out DS*

I'm sorry how again can we punish killers that tunnel? Oh you mean the few that forget these perks exists. I've seen way more killers wait out those 2 perks than get punished by them. Once your mmr or whatever they use now puts you into a higher skill bracket those perks are essentially worthless in my opinion.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

That's almost a Generator's worth of time the Killer wastes waiting for 2 Perks, that the Survivor may or may not have. That's a win in my book

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

And that is why no intelligent killer trying to tunnel someone out waits for DS.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

just play something else, your nervous system will thank you later trust me... the game became boring, unfun and unhealty for various reasons, one of those is that you must "rush" your goal from both sides in order to win: as killer you NEED to play dirty in order to get some advantages and to slow down the gens (even then it's not granted), as solo survivor you need to rush generators if you aren't chased (playing with randoms is a suicide most of the times due to their incompetence) or to play safe in case you were the chased survivor. In this circumstance not only you must pray that your team will save you (most of the times you'll die on 1st hook due again to the incompetence of your team), but you must also endure the killers who camp and tunnel. despite i consider myself a former killer main i played both sides so i know what i'm talking about. i just went to play other games since the devs show us that more than once that they don't care about those issues...

• KateMain86
    Options

Well for DS if a survivor got tunneled and is on the ground that is 1 less survivor working on a gen. Waiting out BT is just a few short seconds.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    Options

72 seconds are 144 seconds worth of Generator time, if the Survivor team is efficient, so it's a huge time loss for the Killer

• KateMain86
    Options

No I mean if a survivor gets tunneled (and downed within a few seconds of getting unhooked) the killer can just leave them on the ground and pressure the other survivors while they wait out DS. Its all situational. My point is neither perk is really super effective at preventing tunneling.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    edited May 2022
    Options

Yes, that's the math I just did. 1 Survivor on the ground, 1 picking up and 2 on Generators.

No Perk should prevent tunneling, you shouldn't be able to 1v1 the Killer

• KateMain86
    Options

Its still situational and circumstantial. That view is based on the assumption 1 is picking up and 2 are on generators. You also have to factor in daily rituals, rift challenges and pretty much every other reason the other survivors are there for. Its why there will probably never be a widely accepted balance in this game by the community.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    Options

if the Survivor team is efficient

If we're taking every single circumstance, then we might aswell take the time of day into consideration