Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Blight by Daylight

Can we just rebrand so new players know what they're buying in to?

Comments

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

Um what?

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

I'm closer to 60% since last weekend. It's been crazy how many Blights I see and I'm not in super high MMR so I'm actually suprised.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

I didn’t know Blight was the only DBD killer.

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

This is the expected side effect of Nurse being disabled

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243

Id say i agree but spirit, hag, oni and huntresses also somehow vanished. I get it blight is fun as hell for both parties, but i think its simply due to his permanent buffs.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,934

I've played 5 Survivor matches so far and 4 were Blights and 1 was Trapper. Funnily enough, the Trapper did better than all of those Blights.

• Notionless

I can agree that Huntress needs more skill, but blight needs a lot more practice than spirit. Also oni uninteresting? Sure the beginning m1 chase is unfun but as long as you manage your blood well speeding through the map is fun as hell.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Yes, I have played Blight myself and yes, he's easy. Billy is one of my mains and Nurse is so difficult to learn, that I understand why she's allowed to be one of the top killers. I tried her for a while and just got fed up. So believe me when I say that comparing Blight to Billy and Nurse, there's absolutely no competition on how easy Blight is.

I also noticed you mentioned Billy and Plague, both killers I main, and they definitely don't punish dead zones as much as Blight, because their micro is harder. Blight, I just run into a wall or tree or barrel or rock and I'm going to hit you. With Billy, it's extremely difficult, when compared to Blight, to hit someone in a dead-zone, just because his hit box is smaller and he has less control of his chainsaw sprint. Blight's sprint doesn't zig-zag like crazy when he activates it.

Plague, you slow down when you projectile vomit and a survivor zig-zagging is very effective against her projectile vomit at any amount of distance that is more than 5 to 8 meters out. Plus you have to be on target for a while before survivors get the broken status from her vomit. Again, Blight's hit box is crazy big compared to Plague.

I've not a novice with Huntress either and even though her hit-boxes are as big as Blight, she still has to charge up her hatchet and makes a groaning sound when she does it and slows down. Blight never slows down. I would be hard-pressed to say Huntress is easier to use than Blight on Dead-Zones.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

The difficulty from Blight comes from adapting to maps + mindgames with players who are experienced in facing Blight. Both sides have a lot of options. Blight can tackle a loop from a lot of ways (or only a few, depending on the loop and surrounding objects), and the survivor is also aware of that and both mindgame the other. It is just blatantly false to label Blight as low-skill lmao.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Lol, what ya gotta say to that? Well I know what: the first half had awesome music, but the latter half was hella depressing.

• Munqaxus
    edited February 2022

I'm sorry, I play Trapper, Freddy, Plague, Billy, Pinhead, Hag and Twins and have dabbled a lot with Huntress and Blight.

Blight is most similar to Billy and Nurse and both of those Killers require way more skill than Blight does. Blight is easy to pick up and use right out of the box and is very effective without add-ons.

Don't get me wrong, Blight is very fun to play as. But come-on: Tinkerer, Ruin and Undying makes the game a cake walk.

(However, I have recently picked up Face-Camp Leatherface and that's definitely easier).

• SuzuKR

That's not a Blight thing. That's a stacked slowdowns on a strong killer thing.

Billy is difficult as hell and also barely gives any pay-off relative to the effort put in. Nurse is insanely difficult, but also gives a lot of payoff for mastery. Blight is difficult while less so than Nurse (because 115% and simpler to pick up Rushing, even if not using it well, whereas Nurse can't hit at all without her power), but is also limited because there are multiple tiles or loops he can't use his power on at all if there are no helpful surrounding objects because the structure of the tile itself doesn't allow for sliding/ideal bump logic. So some tiles, he's still mostly forced to be a regular M1 115% killer, and survivors who are aware of that will take Blight there. Same with things like Yamaoka shack, which Blight cannot slide on.

• Munqaxus

Who is stronger than Blight for that combo though. Maybe Nurse, but then again, you are running on a very difficult to use Killer.

• SuzuKR

Putting one of the strongest builds on the second strongest killer means only the strongest is going to be stronger than that. But you put that build on any killer being played by a good player and they'd dominate the absolute majority of average public matches. You can stomp the average match with just about anything regardless of side if you're really good at the game.

• ObservantOfTime
    ObservantOfTime Member Posts: 209
    edited February 2022

I see Blight, Huntress and sometimes a Myers or a Ghostface, but I want to say 90% of my matches are Huntress or Blight. Yeah, pretty great game. It's gotten to the point where I play other killers like Plague or Legion, and the players I go up against have no idea how to counter them. Imagine trying to hide when Legion is frenzying, and then calling me a cheater in the post-game chat. Do they not know I get killer instinct revealing their locations? Yeah, that's where we're at with the game.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited February 2022

Hopefully, he gets a few of his addons nerfed. I wouldn't mind tinkerer getting nerfed as well... Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer is just brain dead on Blight.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

He is definitely overpowered or he wouldn't be spammed so much. They need to take a hard look at what is wrong with him.

• Notionless

I primarily main billy, although i do enjoy blight, nemo, huntress and nurse (rip) every now and then. I think youre right when you say that there are killers with harder micros, but, as i was saying earlier, calling him easy is a disgrace to a lot of other killers.

He may be easy to pick up, unlike billy and nurse, but even easier to pick up is also Huntress. But those are some of the most mechanically challenging killers.

Micros easier than blights micro are all of the following:

- trapper

- wraith

- myers

- ghostface

- legion

- pig

- freddy

- cannibal

- spirit

- oni

- nemi

- demo

- doctor

- clown

IMO also, but less clearly:

- hag

- executioner

- artist

- deathslinger

- trickster

- plague

The only micros i consider to be harder are:

- billy

- nurse

- huntress (not sure abt that one tho)

- pinhead

Not to say that these killers arent difficult in their own right, plague and trapper for example have much harder macros, but blights micro is certainly one of the top most difficult ones.

And while i agree that backrevving is more difficult, blight gives you a speed boost and as long as he doesnt have alchemists ring, he cant punish you hard at all. He can punish you the same as most other killers: a free health state that is fixed with coh unless he gives you a chase with it.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

"It has to be hard to play to be allowed to be good" is a ridiculous sentiment, though.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896

Well that's what happens when the devs make a ridiculous survivor meta where only 3 killers are viable against while one gets disabled cause they're bad at coding.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896

Low skill is definitely something that does NOT fit in with blights criteria.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Get rid of Blight it will just be Huntress.

Get rid of Huntress it will just be Spirits.

Get rid of Spirit it will just be Oni

Get rid of

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2022

Where do i start? So firstly spirit skill floor has raised dramtically since survivors now can read her audio distance is a 115 killer who had her power recharge nerfed. Oni got screwed by coh and medkit meta. Hag appeals is narrow and often one flashlight away from being misrable to play. Huntress is a ranged killer who has been getting shadow nerfed by the increase of indoor maps maoe her power near useless.

Billy got gutted and still hasnt recovered, slinger is utter trash now, twins got nerfed for some reason. Oh and the general playerbase has dropped considerably. People like variety but apprently nerfing killer is how people want to get it. Which will have the opposite effect of driving players away. Buff your killers and stop nerfing every damn killer that people like playing. It leaves an awful taste in every players mouth and they wont move onto another killer they will leave your game.

Blight is the standard for which all killers should be! Map pressure, a low skill floor power with an amazingly high skill celling, nuanced techniques.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,530

I don´t see much Blights.

• Notionless

Yeah ik, its likely due to the permanent buffs, right?

spirit skill ceiling was raised, youre right about that, but i wouldnt say dramatically.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384

Blight is the Billy for Noobs, just that. Zero respect for this new wave of blight mains just because he has no counterplay if you play on PC and can turn 180 degrees taking easy hits on Safe loops.

And yes, I am main killer and I say blight is just for players who doesnt want to improve, like old Spirit players.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Bligjht and Oni are the 2 most BS killers in the entire game. Functioning totally different on PC. I love how they can both do things that are flat out impossible on a console and its not even something that gets acknowledged.

Love it on console if I am Oni I can only possibly hit a survivor around a corner if I hit attack at the perfect time and he turns enough for the insta down.

A PC player? Is somehow able to make that turn PERFECTLY and THEN SOME and follow the person to wherever they go. The additional trun ability on the actual instadown itself isn't even needed because they can control the dash so perfectly.

Blight is the same GD thing.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003

I agree, he has too much style and class compared to other killers.

No killer can compete with Blight's choice of fashion.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Blame the Devs for nerfing Killers like Wraith/Freddy and releasing Circle of Healing and not touching Dead Hard

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

I am survivor main and I think you are just bad at game.