Dark Devotion QoL Suggestion

SirHamed
SirHamed Member Posts: 14
edited February 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

For anyone who needs a refresher, Dark Devotion transfers your terror radius to the survivor once you hit them with a basic attack, then set the terror radius to 32m and gives the killer undetectable status for 30 seconds. Unfortunately, once activated there is no way for the killer to know how long they have until their undetectable status expires. Other duration perks (i.e. Make Your Choice, Star Struck, etc...) show you how long they have until they're no longer active. Is there a reason Dark Devotion also doesn't include this feature?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,380

You at least do have the undetectable status effect which shows you the duration of the perk.

It's been a while since I played with Dark Devotion, but if the perk doesn't have a cooldown (meaning you can hit the obsession within the 30 seconds and retrigger the effect) then that is probably why it doesn't show the duration. Otherwise I have no idea.

• NinthPixel
    NinthPixel Member Posts: 60

I use Dark Devotion quite often and it does show on the icon in your Perk line-up how long it has. Not sure why it doesn't show for you. Although honestly, 30 seconds is usually the time it takes to walk to another Gen so the Perk is more of a "mini-teleport" for normal killers. The change I want for Dark Devotion is that of duplicating your Terror Radius. As in Killer and Obsession potentially producing a nearly Map wide presence. Now that would be cool.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited February 2022

Its a while since I used that perk but I do remember that you see a little red timer (the circle going around the perk icon) after you hit someone? Unless they took that out now which would be unfortunate.

However I do believe this perk needs some serious buffs, QoL wouldnt be enough imo. I really like the idea of the perk but just like dead mans switch its very inconsistent and also the pay off is very little (atleast buff the duraiton to 45 sec or something).

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

It shows you the timer on the perk icon but not on the actual undetectable status. Would be nice if it did.

Tinkerer does the same thing, and there's also no visual 10 second timer on devour hope's haste effect (it only shows a turquoise icon at the bottom).