FACECAPMING IS NOT A PROBLEM

Have you ever wondered what Facecamping means to you? This means that you cannot play, run, have fun, etc. Yes, BUT.

Have you ever wondered what this means for your TEAM, for other survivors.

This means that He spends on you the time that others have to run the generators. This is a meta game.

The killer does this because it's the only way to get 1, 2, 3, 4 kills.

Comments

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,536

Right - and not selfish players know that.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Literal face camping isn’t a great strategy overall, that’s true. However it’s still a problem if a lot of players feel incentivized to do it for whatever reason because it doesn’t make for a good gameplay loop for either side. The killer is bored standing around for two minutes at a hook with no action, and the survivor on the hook is bored waiting to die, and the other survivors are just working on gens those two minutes. So if it’s possible for the game to have a system in place that somehow steers the action away from actual literal face camping then that’s a net positive for the overall experience. The devs just haven’t found a solution they like which both makes face camping less prevalent but which doesn’t also cause other serious issues as a side effect.

• Holylock
    Holylock Member Posts: 82

"The killer does this because it's the only way to get 1, 2, 3, 4 kills" - No, that's a lie. Camping can be best option to win a match and that's okay (you should do if it's best option), but saying that ONLY option it's a totally lie. There are a lot of killers that camping for different reasons and not all because they need that to win. 

• Marc_123

Of course it is not the only option. But not everybody is good at looping. So chasing is maybe not a good option.

If you get lucky and get one in that case it is better to just camp them.

Just had a bubba - he waited till the second hook state and then went on - was pretty effective - 3k.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731

I find it annoying to get camped but I don't whine about it, I just deal with it. It's a legit strategy and, after all, the Killers goal is to sacrifice you. They're just making sure nobody saves you to prevent that.

• Marc_123

Very valid. Inf T3 Myers camped all of us - 3k. Because everybody gave up fast on hook. we only got 2 and a half gens.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

There is a time and a place for it. If it's all you know how to do, well, sounds like a get good problem.

But, I agree with others, most people that understand the game, know why and when it is appropriate and don't throw shade over it.