Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Elden Ring, should I get it?

DyingWish92
DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772
edited February 2022 in Off-topic

I've basically only been playing DBD for awhile. I never really played open world games or combat games. I became intrigued because I see tons of dbd streamers talking about it and I enjoyed Game of Thrones and heard George RR Martin created the world in this game. I never played the Dark Souls game or games, can anyone explain how the gameplay is? Is it like a campaign mode or something with like levels you have to beat?

Comments

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,302

I suggest you go ask about it on the Elden Ring forums and go watch game play videos on YouTube. You won't be able to come to a conclusion by asking about it here.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Elden Ring is not good start to Souls games. I mean i loved but if you really wanna play From Software games, start with Dark Souls 1.

And Martin just created main character and some parts of lore, not full world. And souls games have not good story presentation, Elden Ring does not look different. People are playing this games because they are challenging our gamer skills. Great combat, great enemies and ofcourse perfect map designs.I never played any soul game for storyline even they have interesting lore.

So don't expect good storyline like Game of Thrones.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Go straight to Off Topic https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/off-topic

Im sure Mods will clean this up for you tho.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

If you never played dark souls, I recommend at least watching some gameplay before to see if its for you.

As far as Elden ring goes, I cant say anything because I am still stuck at work and cant play yet

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,530

Souls games are special. But surely not for everyone.

You need to get hooked and want to fight through it because they are not easy. Not everybody likes that.

If you never played one and it is about the money maybe try to get Dark Souls 1 to try the general mechanic. You can clearly see the DS mechanic is still pretty same in Elden Ring.

I don´t know if the Demo is still available.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Yes, follow Cote's advice, go play something else, and I'm already 9 hours into it, mounts are OP af, weapons are decent, screw birds (in game) they are the most annoying things out there.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,933

As others have said, if you've not played Souls born games before I'd check out earlier games that are cheaper before investing your money into Elden Ring. The game looks incredible ngl but if it's not for you, it's not for you.

I love the style of these games and fought my way through Bloodborne, literally as I quit it for months out of frustration but committed to finishing it...I do not find these games easy, and they do require a lot of time investment. But they are definitely not for everyone.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    edited February 2022

Don't give in to the hype, it's only really for people who like the souls series (includes me). You should most definitely try out the previous entries, which usually go for cheap during steam sales (if you're on pc). I personally adore the combat system, and love how you keep getting closer and closer to defeating a boss, after every death. It makes me feel like I'm working towards something. If you have a job or are really busy with school or college, then I wouldn't recommend it to you. It's not a good feeling to play for an hour, since that's your only free amount of time per day, only for you to die over and over, and you've wasted your free time dying. If you have a lot of time on your hands, give the previous games a shot.