Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Game Unplayable Due to Asset Glitching

bonbonunicorn
bonbonunicorn Member Posts: 8
edited September 2022 in Bug Reporting

I haven't been able to play the game since update 4.2.0 due to intense in-game asset glitching/flickering. Only specific game assets experience glitching as you can see on the video I attached.

Before this update, there were absolutely no issues on my end and I can play normally.

Besides Dead By Daylight, all other games in my laptop run as intended and don't glitch so I don't think it's a hardware problem.

I've attached my computer specifications, in-game screen recordings, and logs to show the glitching issue. I hope you can fix this because I miss playing the game. Thank you and have a nice day!

Post edited by Mandy on
1 votes

Addressed · Last Updated

Comments

• some_guy1
    some_guy1 Member Posts: 694

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues i'd recommend making a thread there to get help

• bonbonunicorn

Oh, okay. Thanks!

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,996

@bonbonunicorn as well as posting in the Tech Sub Forum, please do not post your Cloud ID publicly, this is something that should be kept hidden to prevent abuse of account.

I've removed it from your original post here.

• bonbonunicorn

Understood. Thank you for your explanation, I'm new to the forum so I still don't understand how things work. I'm going to move my discussion to the Tech Sub Forum and hopefully get my issue fixed. Thanks! 😁

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

4.00GB Single‐Channel Unknown @ 1200MHz (17-17-17-39)

I have looked at your PC specifications and there is not enough RAM available.

It is strange that your PC has good specs but 4GB Single-Channel.

Was it 8GB Dual-Channel with 2 pieces of RAM, but 1 piece of RAM is off by some accident?

If you can, I recommend changing to two 8GB of RAM for a total of 16GB of Dual-Channel RAM.

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

I saw in your previous post that your laptop is "Acer Nitro AN515-43". I checked all the specs and it seems that the product shipped with 8GB of RAM, as I had imagined.

Attached for your reference is the RAM usage while playing Dead by Daylight on my PC.

The game uses around 8GB of RAM at any given time, so your laptop's 4GB of RAM will not be able to display the game properly.

It seems that your laptop had an accident around September 2020, when you first posted, and one of the two RAMs was damaged. Of course, this incident had nothing to do with Dead by Daylight.

If it had been known at the time that it was a failure, a warranty repair might have been possible, but that would be difficult to do now.

Replacing RAM on a desktop is not that difficult, but a laptop requires a bit more skillful work. It may be best to have it repaired at a reputable store. If one of the two pieces of RAM has failed, it is likely that the remaining piece will fail as well.

If you are able, you can replace both of them to make 16GB with two 8GB RAMs, and you will be able to enjoy the game more comfortably.