Why is Artists not that offten played?

2»

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

She is really overrated. The better question would be why does she get played as much as she does. It is not as though that happens often, but I am surprised it happens at all.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

The thing is if the remove the slow down she'll be busted. Imagine if she could place a bird and still get to you before you can leave the loop.

They need to stop making killers with built-in clunkyness. I doesn't feel good to have to fight 4 survivors and your own power .

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

She is boring. It isn't because she is "just another ranged killer" They are some of the most fun killers in the game. It is because she is so clunky and slow.

She requires two ranged hits to damage a survivor with a small window to do so before the survivor can reset her power.

She slows down when placing and using her ability

Her ability has a cool down that gets longer the more you use it and a wind up to place and shoot.

she is tall and noisy

All other ranged killers get some kind of instant reward for landing their shot but artist potentially gets nothing.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,367

I mean the killer is suppose to down you in a timely manner. If by busted, you mean oppressive in a chase. Aren't killers suppose to be oppressive in a chase? personally, I find zoning gameplay, fair gameplay. dev that hates old slinger doesn't think so and other survivors claim she has no counter-play.

"I doesn't feel good to have to fight 4 survivors and your own power ."

that last part made me smile. I do agree!

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

You definitely need to be able to download survivors relatively quick but if you can instantly put a survivor in a lose lose situation with no real counterplay thats bad and I feel like the way she plays at loops if you remove the slowdown almost all loops become a lose lose.

I don't mind zoning as long in most case there's ways to try and avoid been zoned. Not a built in counter but something the survivors can do in most case to try and not end up in a bad spot.

It's so true so many power have built in handicaps that you have to figure out how work around to be effective. Huntress slowing down when throwing makes sense. Freddy slowing down placing traps doesn't plus survivors can work around then in most cases.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

She is clucky af to play as. I remember when I did her adept, I ended up playing her like a normal m1 killer. Good survivors will just leave the loop when they see you setting up birds. The repel actions without slowdown addons is way too fast and they can just get rid of the crows before you ability is redy again - hence why every good Artist is using those addons.

On the survivors end, I probably see more Twins than Artists.

She takes too much time and effort to learn for too little reward. If you wanna learn a new killer why waste that time on her if you can just use it to learn Nurse or Blight? Cause in the end even Artist has literally NO map pressure whatsoever.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,367

before Artist went live, one of her changes was that running into crow storm does not directly injure a full health state. One of the reasons why this change is not really felt has to do with the fact that Artist can shoot the crow just before the survivor runs into it dealing full health state.

A possible solution is making it so that firing crows never fully inflict a health state of damage. See the issue is that survivor can bait the crows in certain instances. Other times, you can create lose/lose situations where the survivor can't really go through the crow segment but at the same time will take an m1. If there no crow segment, a survivor could just voluntary walk into crows and can hold-W while transitioning into another loop in which case you only get a single shot to capitalize off the crows.

By making that you always need hit twice, you can establish greater consistency in her gameplay. The greater consistency allows you to make changes that accommodate a range playstyle. My concern is that I think her gameplay in term of downing survivors is relatively slow because she needs hit a survivor with a crow, fire again to kill a health-state, than you need hit another crow on the survivor again, but this time, the survivor has dead hard, if you miss, the survivor can keep their dead hard, but if you succeed, the survivor doesn't take health state, so your looking at least 3 crow-confirms assuming the survivor successfully takes off crows post-dead hard.

The iri add-on could be that it allows crows to directly injure when a survivor runs into them/when she fires a crow in the special line segment but it disallows crows to injure when the survivor has crows on them outside of special line segment. The add-on would change your playstyle from ranged killer to a more trap oriented killer(that gets countered by shift-W). In my opinion, Iri add-ons are suppose to be unfair versions of the killer but many other players believe that they should change killer's play style and this add-on would change your play-style. I'd make it that it has no drawback but your saying it would be busted.

"Freddy slowing down placing traps doesn't plus survivors can work around then in most cases."

He was too overrated, so he got sledgehammer. that is what happens when a killer get overrated.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,095

Can only speak for myself, but she is really boring to play for me. You shut down Loops with your Crows, which results in the Survivor holding W. This is fine, because what else should they do?

And I catch up because I am faster than them, not because I outplayed them. Really boring.

I guess, once I have the Achievement (downing Survivors with Crows), I will play her even less.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968
    edited March 2022

thank god...because i hate holding W just to counter her power. (I like her concept but...yeah anti-loop killer) just put 2 birds at one side of every loop ...and either the survivor gets hit...or they just have to leave the loop.....and repeat over and over and over again.😐️

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I just think her power is badly tuned.

If I want to use crows to injure, I'm limited to 1 charge out of 3. After landing that one crow, she becomes incredibly predictable because if she doesn't immediately use the next crow to down, then they're dispelled and the power did nothing. Now I've shut them out of a loop but they just gained like 20 seconds where I got nothing done.