Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If Trapper wouldn't have been the poster boy which of the others should have been?

N8dog
N8dog Member Posts: 541

Trapper is the mascot of DBD but in alternate universes Hillbilly and Wraith were. Which of the other O.G. killers do you think would have been the better poster boy? Feel free to comment why below.

If Trapper wouldn't have been the poster boy which of the others should have been? 29 votes

The Hillbilly
51%
FallenRanger0anonymous31337RoboMojoValikWarcrafter4TatariuFilthyLegionMainThePoliceCheeseAntonNoOneKnowsNovaHerachi_SakuraThatOneDemoPlayerHelloYouAurellespinodemdem 15 votes
The Wraith
48%
Seiko300musstang62Psycho_GeneralVEnderloganYTGlamourousLeviathanbm33hilapastaN8dogGuiltiiGazgemauchshinobu149DyingWish92BothSidesEnjoyer 14 votes

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    The Hillbilly

I’ll be honest, I can’t imagine it not being Trapper. He’s the closest to a normal human looks wise out of the three, and rocks a pretty basic mask making it immediately obvious that he is the killer. The other two are a bit more complex looking without a doubt.

However, the fact that Billy has his map based on a farm and himself being based around a farmer, albeit deformed, I feel he would better represent the game than Wraith for eeriness.

• N8dog
    The Wraith

I would imagine the art would be either Hillbilly revving up the chainsaw or Wraith half appeared/disappeared while ringing the bell. Both of these would be scary and creepy in a way.

• N8dog
  • Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    The Hillbilly

I feel like Hillbilly would fit more than Wraith.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,541
    The Wraith

Honestly, considering the aesthetic the game had and should still have, Wraith would be better suited for this position.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    The Hillbilly

The Wraith is thematically confused and completely misguided. His lore is a sloppy mess, and his aesthetic is a mishmash of conflicting elements that border on comical where they don't overlap into the absurd. He is, by nature, one of the least visibly intimidating and striking killers in the game. His gameplay as well is somewhat janky and struggles to blend with the themes of the game. On top of it all, his Lore is laughable and at no point matches the heart of Dead By Daylight's intent of brutality, twisted intent, and malefic evil meshed with contemporary horror tropes and elevated physical intimidation.

The Hillbilly, however, hits all of these notes in stride.

His thematic elements are consistent and plain - he is a singular and well thought out character with a clear niche.

He is visibly striking in his deformation, with a very clear threat to his gait.

His Lore is both mysterious, sympathetic, and monstrous enough to feature him as a form of antagonist that was twisted by the evil of The Entity.

He is, simply put, the superior option to represent Dead By Daylight and its aspects from a thematic stand point, a gameplay stand point, and an artistic stand point.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159
    The Wraith

Wraith when cloaked.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    The Hillbilly

Billy, he represents that BHVR loves to ######### with things that people don’t want