Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why wait at the Exit Gate? From a "Survivor Main"

Just a simple/dumb question from a "Survivor Main". Play both sides but more of Survivor and this question goes to the "Survivor Mains". Why wait at the Exit Gate after they open? Assuming everyone is safe, nobody is hooked and everyone is accounted for, why? I know it's a dumb question but I'm honestly curious, unless it's to try and make a last min save or make sure everyone is safe, why not just leave?

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

If the killer performed poorly, waiting for the killer to approach is the only way to increase the rank of the Evader Emblem.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Cause.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Giving the killer some free points/getting my WGLF stacks

That's typically why I stick around

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

Emblem/points

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

Either for points or to give an item so they can feel better. Take my engineer's toolbox that I found in a chest!

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I sit at the exit gate so I can bodyblock for an injured survivor being chased by the killer, or if someone faceplants and I need to do a last minute unhook.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707
    edited March 2022

If I know the killer is nearby then I’ll stay to give them a hit or two or sometimes because I want my wglf stacks if there’s another injured survivor there with me.

If the killer is far away then I don’t usually bother.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

When that happens on my side i see it as a last occasion to gift each other some extra Blood Points. Unless they leave as soon as the Killer gets close, in that case i don't see the point on waiting until killer approaches...

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

Seriously though, I play both sides. Unless I'm going for a save or something, once the doors are open, I just leave. No killer wants a pittance of BP in exchange for having to be humiliated just watching you leave immediately afterwords. Just go through the ######### door.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I go find a corner look up take off my headphones(but leave them turned on) and go do something else for a minute. If I'm around the TV I've noticed 99% there's at least 1 survivor that has to wait the whole timer out.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022
    edited March 2022

To rub it in. Any survivor that claims they're doing it 'to give/get points' are just sugar coating it. You get, what, 100, maybe 250 BP at most? It's practically useless. Especially for those survivors that wait out the timer, then claim they were trying to 'give points.'

• ObservantOfTime
    ObservantOfTime Member Posts: 209

There's a challenge going on which requires me to stay in the game while others escape. That's pretty much it. Gate is the safest place to wait for others to leave.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited March 2022
    • Extra blood points/WGLF stacks
    • Archive challenge
    • Killer was toxic at any point of the match
    Post edited by GoshJosh on
  • ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

WGLF stacks, or because I want to stay when the killers playing dirty or bm. Push me out.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,028

I personally try not to stay aside from some last minute heals for bloodpoints, or ensuring my team is ok (sometimes they run back in, and if they do I will decide to stay or leave depending on the EGC timer/the situation, etc). I have only really done it for the previously mentioned reasons, or more recently the Tome challenges where I need to wait on other survivors to exit before I can leave myself.

...and sometimes I like to leave a Killer an item as a gift before I leave, because I thought they were fun, and may wanna try and wait a second or two for them to stop by and see it <3 if its obvious they aren't around, then I'll go ahead and head out and let the match end lol

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

This lol. I had like 3k hours primarily as a killer main and I've had exactly one guy give me a pity kill when I had an awful game

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Because that detracts from the survivor’s 5k survival BP? Guess these kind folks could not offer any extra BP at all! 🤷🏼‍♂️

• 420WEED420
    420WEED420 Member Posts: 14

It's because 99% of survivors are toxic and ######### and if they say anything different they are lying. You don't get extra xp for just standing there doing nothing especially since I'm not even close to exit gates. Same reason they tbag then say it's not toxic. Like do you even know what tbagging means? lmfao

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

Exactly this. They’re either kids or immature adults seeking attention.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 922

I hate that challenge, too often I have to open gates myself cause they won't or leave it at 99% or I get forced out by killer. Once the EGC is counting down they still won't leave for w/e reasons so I just hide myself far from gates where I won't ever be found and often have to let EGC kill me cause they still duck around at the gates.

• TheGrimQueefer
    TheGrimQueefer Member Posts: 121

I'll wait in the exit gate if another survivor is still in the trial. As I play solo queue and have no comms, I could still be of assistance to them.

If the killer forces me out then I've at least bought them a few seconds extra to get to the other gate & open it/escape.

• rats00
    rats00 Member Posts: 194

They should just leave.

If you wanna be nice leave. The kindest thing you can do is leave so the killer can move on to the next game.

Add in that for every one survivor who might be doing this you get about 6 or 10 straight games of people running out the gate tbagging.

Just leave.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

Sometimes it's for a challenge, like take protection hits, or be the last one to leave the trial, to escape thru hatch..

Otherwise Im always the first to leave lmao

• spinodemdem
    spinodemdem Member Posts: 56

"Distraction points"

Though i dont really mind,after all i get 3x time more bloodpoints than for their "distraction"

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Yeah, if the killer had a bad game and there's no one to save or heal, just leave. They don't want the extra BP or your pity. Just leave and get the game over with for both sides.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I’m sure there are folks whom want to rub it in the killers face, but as you don’t know people’s motivation, assuming it’s this as killer is just a recipe for antagonising yourself, best not to bother with this line of thinking.

I never really understood the I like to give points to the killer idea as most times, at least for me, I’m maxed out on chase points anyway and can usually get more just spamming my power and breaking stuff.

I typically just leave as survivor because I know for myself as killer Id rather get into the next match quicker so why drag it out for what’s often no more than a paltry final 300 bps.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    edited February 20

Post edited by DangerScouse on
  • pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

This is BMing working though. Tilting the opponent is one way to make them make bad decisions. BMing can only annoy you if you let it.

It’s kind of like someone giving you the finger. Someone arbitrarily shows me one of their fingers and I’m supposed to feel bad, good luck with that.

The cost of BMing is born entirely by the survivor who does it. They lose distance and time in game, they repetitively mash buttons on their gear which is just wear and tear on their own equipment and a recipe for future rsi in the wrists and fingers.

It really is a silly thing to do and absolutely nothing to concern yourself about when playing killer.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I only wait at the exit gate when I'm waiting for my teammates to leave. Usually the killer chases me out though.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 573

I usually stay a minute or so to meme around with the others and celebrate but never to be toxic to the killer. Not everyone that waits at the exit does it to be toxic, killers should stop assuming that everything a survivor does is aimed at them.

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273

Oh, so you did probably a challenge already where u should leave last???

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I do it only if the killer has been toxic hitting people while on hook and nodding their head and such because then they deserve it , by all means camp tunnel and slug all you want but the second you start taunting in the match you lose all rights to cry about survivors doing it back and I'm 100% going to BM if the killer initiates it

• neonheart
    neonheart Member Posts: 1

Hi! New here and heavy player of dbd 👾😎

I only wait if a survivor is in danger or being hooked. So I can TRY to save them. Other than that, I walk out the gate. I see no need to wait for the killer.

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335

Once i know everyone is safe, I'm out. I'll maybe stay to heal an injured survivor who is in the gates with me. But no, i don't hangout just to brag to the killer.

To anyone who says they want to give the killer extra points, just leave. Killer players do not want those extra 100 points in exchange for the tea bags and macro clicks. When i play killer, i get more from roaming the map to break walls/pallets and boons than the 2 hits at the exit.