Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would you like if there was a co-op killer?

Bladelesss
Bladelesss Member Posts: 2

It will be balanced as a B-tier killer.

You could teach your friends how to play or be a better killer.

This is what I was thinking..

4 v 2 design instead of the traditional 4v1.

It would be a Killer that would exist in two different realms at the same time. the Living and the Spiritual.

The living killer would chase and hunt survivors but their visibility is limited to 25 meters and everything else would be 'Hazy and dark' if not the "Fog of War" even buildings aren't rendered.

The spiritual killer would see a very far distance but zero scratch marks and zero survivors until the Living killer would hit them or they are in the 25 meter visual radius.

A survivor hit by the Living Killer would be permanently marked for the Spiritual killer.

Only a survivor hit by the Spiritual killer would be able to be downed.

Any thoughts? Seems like a coding nightmare though depending on how you setup the 4v1..

Let me know! Comment on other ideas!

Would you like if there was a co-op killer? 21 votes

Yes, adding a co-op killer would bring a new life to the game
33%
brokedownpalacemusstang62GlamourousLeviathanMapersonGuiltiiThat_One_Friendshinobu149 7 votes
Yes (other)
4%
Valik 1 vote
No, it would be to different from the traditional 4v1
14%
TapeKnotGannTMGhostlyboy 3 votes
No (other)
33%
anarchy753ReikoMoriTatariuNoOneKnowsNovaAurelle[Deleted User]magicmooman 7 votes
Maybe? (indifferent)
14%
GazgemauchProudRinMainBothSidesEnjoyer 3 votes

Comments

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    No (other)

I don't see it working.

You'd pretty much have to play with someone you know, so they'd have to add killer pre-lobbies and 2 person killer queueing.

On top of that BHVR suck tremendously with balancing anything that doesn't just work in the default way. That's why Legion is still chilling in their trash can years later, and Twins still doesn't have a functional power that more than 2 players worldwide want to use.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    No (other)

It would be a bit too niche of a killer for my liking. Many people (including me) don't play dbd with friends so making a chapter around a co op killer would be quite literally unplayable for some of us.

• Bladelesss
    Bladelesss Member Posts: 2

I can see that being frustrating if you are a solo player.

Would you be interested in teaching someone new how to play like a good killer though?

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    No (other)

Not in 2 person killer way, no.

Learning to play killer is actually a pretty granular experience. While basic concepts carry over each killer is pretty specialized in how they approach the game so having a 2 person killer would teach the new player to play as a component of that killer only.

It's easier to teach someone by shadowing their games via stream, pulling them into customs and talking them through the specific aspects of whatever killer they are wanting to learn.

There is a character like this is Heroes of the Storm actually that requires two people to play. Consequently, that character is actually insanely difficult to play effectively if one person doesn't understand the game very well. So it is a character that mainly gets played by already experienced players and even then not that often as generally not having full agency over your play making decisions feels really bad.

People who play a lot of killer usually don't have other people they play the game with enough to even trust them like that. So it really would be a killer that probably only appeals to competitive tournament play teams and not much else. The coordination level needed would be pretty high and DBD isn't really built for multiplayer coordination when it comes to killer.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    No (other)

4v2 would be really unbalanced, especially how different each killer's power works.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Yes (other)

It would not work in the current infrastructure.

There should be a 2v6 mode of some sort, which would be very interesting to say the least.

That being said - a Co-Op killer against 4 survivors would be 100% broken, as it would completely divide the balance. Unless there is a place carved out for it, it will not happen.