Why we suffer for cooldown because of game kicking out error 8012?

STT
STT Member Posts: 41

Why u can fix this issue and we need to suffer for cooldown because of your servers?

Comments

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

Actually, if it's even able to be identified by the server then why not make exceptions for these errors?

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

That's the point from what I heard it's just not possible to identify why the connection is lost and that's why all disconnects get the same treatment otherwise I would bet that it needs a week max to find a way to disconnect when ever you want without punishment

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Didn't you ask for your account to be deleted 2 days ago? Couldn't stay away, eh?

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited March 2022

How do you know it is an issue with the server. Connections issues can be caused by anything and anywhere between you and the server.

Since it isn't currently something that the majority of the players are experiencing it seems more likely a problem in one of the hops from network to network as the game packets move between your system and the game server versus a problem with the game server itself.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I find the double depip that comes with the "connection error" more problematic. Especially, when there is no time out.

• FilthyLegionMain

Still, if it can identify the error to the point where it gives an error code, it should mitigate the penalty for that time.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

I have a 24 hr timer right now because of internet going down for 5 seconds at a time randomly the last few days and for dbd going down. Not a single rage quit. Glad they are rightfully punishing me.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668

Giving an error code doesn't necessarily mean the game knows where along the route the connection was lost. Only that either the packet either didn't make it back to the players client it the packet didn't arrive at the server.

The reason it didn't make from the client to the server or vice versa from the server to the client could have been due to the player disconnecting their system from the internet, packets not making it past one of the hops, or a problem with the server.

If the majority of the players are not getting the error that would most likely rule out it being a server issue and the cause being either on the players end or somewhere between the server and the the client. With the server/client having difficulty getting information from each other the server may have difficulty knowing which hop is causing the problem.

Running a traceroute may help find where the problem is by providing information on which hop appears to not be working so that information can be provided to someone ISP.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 917

How do you prove that's why the DC happened, and not that a cat tripped other the ethernet cable or the player just quit? The problem is unless you're sitting there and watching (which isn't even itself 100% foolproof) you literally have no validation. You just know that the data stream stopped and there wasn't a FIN or an ACK. It just stopped.

• FilthyLegionMain

Everyone listen to him. He knows better about this than I ever could.