Practice mode / Solo play

Options
SMitchell8
SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301

I've just come back from a break since November and one of my top gripes with the game is that you cannot practice with new killers, instead you just have to get rinsed by survivors until you get a handle on the skill.

Is it really hard to give us the opportunity to just create a lobby and start the match on our own (no friends) or have a training mode (small piece of map) in which you can try out the basic concept/power of a certain killer without having to face other players initially?

I regularly Oni on console and I've been fairly keen to try nurse or blight as I can do well with Oni (flicks) yet, I'm perfectly aware of how difficult nurse is to learn, but id like to practice atleast her blinks before playing against actual players and feeling helpless.

This goes both ways however. I'm quite sure survivors don't enjoy games against killers that are blatantly inexperienced with said character. I play a lot of survivor and games against nurses that cant land a single hit aren't fun, instead just pointless wastes of time. I even try and let them practice by standing still late game.

Are there any plans for any practice mode in the pipeline?

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Unfortunately the devs have said a few times they’re not planning to add bots to custom matches in the PC version. DbD Mobile has them but that game was designed separately from the ground up by its own team so those can’t just be imported. 🙁