Is Sacrifical Ward useful?

Options
Chadku
Chadku Member Posts: 729

It´s been over a year or so now since the Blight got added alongside the blueprints, new ward and Felix.

I´ve almost never used it since a map offering itself could give me a map of my choice or a 50/50 chance if someone else uses a map offering.

Is the rarity/price of the ward alright for it´s intended use or should it be a brown?

Comments

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

I mean it's very situational, but making it a common offering is not the solution. A 3,000 BP offering countering a rarer 5,000 BP offerings doesn't make sense. Maybe just remove all map offerings and let RNG do its thing.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,504
    Options

The only change Sacrificial Ward needs is to not be used when no Map Offering is played. It is so situational, there is 0 reason why it should be gone without a Map Offering played.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,550
    Options

It’s situational but it’s definitely helped me out before. I don’t use them often, but I’d say around two thirds of the time I use a sacrificial ward as a killer, it benefits me/I correctly suspected that I would be sent to an unfavorable map.

I’ve even used them as survivor a couple times to block suspected haddonfield offerings from my teammates in solos (I didn’t want some poor killer getting sent there) and I was completely right both times.

So, it’s situational, but yes it can be useful. And I think it’s fine that it’s a green offering, to answer that question.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

It does make sense when you consider you have no idea if they are even going to use a map offering. It needs to be more spammable to actually get use out of it.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind map offerings getting removed. They are archaic.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

It's funny if you load into a lobby and ask any fellow survivor to offer a map and then put out your sacrificial ward.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

I think it’s fine. It does it’s thing and is fun when you actually counter a map offering.

I only use map offerings to make sure I’m not going to RPD, Midwitch or any other indoor map really. Just play for fun and I don’t see that as toxic at all.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I mean, I use it when I feel like my friends want to send me to RPD, so helpful in that sense, lol

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544
    Options

Sacrifical ward shouldn't burn if no one brings a map offering

Only way it will ever be useful to anyone other than a streamer avoiding snips

• Jholla31
    Jholla31 Member Posts: 253
    Options

I burned 4 wards in a row one time because my friends were threatening to send us to RPD. On the fifth match I didn't play a ward, but they didn't play a map offering. On the sixth match they thought I had forgotten, and tried to play RPD, but I blocked it with a ward. lmao

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

Yes.

Very useful.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,353
    Options

I'd like a reason to use my map offerings really, Dailies could do it.

Other than that i don't touch them, some maps i like more than others but in reality i just adjust how i play to suit the map and deal with it.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

If they were easier to get I would burn one every game