Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is Sacrifical Ward useful?

Chadku
Chadku Member Posts: 729

It´s been over a year or so now since the Blight got added alongside the blueprints, new ward and Felix.

I´ve almost never used it since a map offering itself could give me a map of my choice or a 50/50 chance if someone else uses a map offering.

Is the rarity/price of the ward alright for it´s intended use or should it be a brown?

Comments

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I mean it's very situational, but making it a common offering is not the solution. A 3,000 BP offering countering a rarer 5,000 BP offerings doesn't make sense. Maybe just remove all map offerings and let RNG do its thing.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

The only change Sacrificial Ward needs is to not be used when no Map Offering is played. It is so situational, there is 0 reason why it should be gone without a Map Offering played.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

It’s situational but it’s definitely helped me out before. I don’t use them often, but I’d say around two thirds of the time I use a sacrificial ward as a killer, it benefits me/I correctly suspected that I would be sent to an unfavorable map.

I’ve even used them as survivor a couple times to block suspected haddonfield offerings from my teammates in solos (I didn’t want some poor killer getting sent there) and I was completely right both times.

So, it’s situational, but yes it can be useful. And I think it’s fine that it’s a green offering, to answer that question.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

It does make sense when you consider you have no idea if they are even going to use a map offering. It needs to be more spammable to actually get use out of it.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind map offerings getting removed. They are archaic.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

It's funny if you load into a lobby and ask any fellow survivor to offer a map and then put out your sacrificial ward.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

I think it’s fine. It does it’s thing and is fun when you actually counter a map offering.

I only use map offerings to make sure I’m not going to RPD, Midwitch or any other indoor map really. Just play for fun and I don’t see that as toxic at all.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I mean, I use it when I feel like my friends want to send me to RPD, so helpful in that sense, lol

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544

Sacrifical ward shouldn't burn if no one brings a map offering

Only way it will ever be useful to anyone other than a streamer avoiding snips

• Jholla31
    Jholla31 Member Posts: 253

I burned 4 wards in a row one time because my friends were threatening to send us to RPD. On the fifth match I didn't play a ward, but they didn't play a map offering. On the sixth match they thought I had forgotten, and tried to play RPD, but I blocked it with a ward. lmao

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758

Yes.

Very useful.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

I'd like a reason to use my map offerings really, Dailies could do it.

Other than that i don't touch them, some maps i like more than others but in reality i just adjust how i play to suit the map and deal with it.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

If they were easier to get I would burn one every game