The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you think boons need a change?

Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

Boons directly conflict with survivors cleansing totems and I think its an issue that should be adressed.

Inner healing is a perk that hurts your team more than do good especially with more boons being added to the game.

Then boons hurt you when you deal with perks like noed.

Pentimento is a perk that almost never works because no one cleanses.

And this leads to another issue.

At first I thought boons should be another objective for survivors but boy how wrong I was.

It actually made survivors waste less time with totems and focus more on rushing gens,at least in the past before boons,some survivors cleansed totems,now not anymore.

Another issue is that they gave the killer another objective after already having so much to deal with.

I think boons are really overpowered in a coordinated swf team.

A change that I think could work is just make it so survivors can only bless cleansed dull and hex totems.

If you want your boons then you gotta cleanse first.

Comments

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

The problem is that there's a huge disparity between COH and the other boons which are much more situational. Nerfing the boon mechanic in general might not be the move, because perks like shadow step and exponential and quite balanced where they're at, so nerfing boons in general would make them pretty weak when they don't deserve to be gutted.

• Adaez

I mean I dont think having to cleanse first would make them weak,if anything,it would guy the killers that use perks like hex or noed,so its beneficial for survivor,and also allow for perks like inner healing be usable again.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Coh just needs to have a limit of how many heals before it expires, and cannot be re used on the same bones.

And/or Killers need the ability to stomp the bones if they wish.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Boons in general are fine it's only COH that people have an issue with. The other perks are useless.

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335

A token system would be good for all boons. That or give the killer the option to break the boon totem so it can't be used again.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630

Remove it out of game.

• Adaez

Its not the fact boons are strong that bothers me,its the fact that it conflicts with survivors wanting to cleanse,no one cleanses dull totems anymore.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,206

I think it's a power creep issue that boons present, especially CoH. You have unlimited uses no matter how many times a killer snuffs a totem, and the healing speed stacks with medkits.

I think survivors should have an item they have to bring to bless totems. The item would have charges so they can't bless the same totem 3 or 4 times and also carry a medkit or toolbox.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

The concept of Boons is a good concept. Get Survivors off gens, slowing Gen speeds down, and reward them with a "powerful" effect sounds balanced, their implementation isn't that great however. Boon Perks generally suck, while CoH is the complete opposite. It practically deleted 2 Killer playstyles from the game

• JonahsTablet
    JonahsTablet Member Posts: 762

All the other boons rely on their ability to stay up and thus, I think their fine, COH only becomes an issue when it stays up and robs the killer of their time.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

The only way is Coh gets replaced with another Boon.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Boons in general are fine. The only Boon that’s been problematic is Circle of Healing, so if that’s still too powerful it just needs to have its effect adjusted.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,463

No, Boons are fine

Healing is not fine

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Boons should never have been introduced into the game.

only CoH is an issue as far as them being in the game. . The rest are ‘fine’.

• Dionysus42
    Dionysus42 Member Posts: 427

The only solution to boons is deletion.

• Adaez

But we all know that's not gonna happen,so we must find other solutions.

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315

The funniest part of Boons and how they now mean dull totems don't get cleansed is that it made NOED that much more viable.

• Adaez

Exactly,its something that should be adressed,cleansing is dead.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Boons aren't a problem, it is just CoH. I don't know how many of these posts that say the same thing need to exist before it gets across. Nerfing boons doesn't fix the problem, and only makes the other 3 boons worse and CoH still is a problem. They are also not a secondary objective for killers, they are most quite literally a secondary objective for survivors. As killer you could just...ignore them all game and do fine. It will definitely be harder but it is YOUR choice to make.

I do agree with other survivor perks like inner healing being affected but that is more of a problem of the perk itself than boons.

Nerf CoH, and boons are fine. That is the problem.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

No one cleansed totems before boons in solo que tho. It’s only in swfs. Swfs will boon and cleanse the other four

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I always cleanse dulls because......

1. I have Inner Healing and I can't trust any of my members of my team has CoH or know how or where it's going to be placed.

2. I'm not dealing with NoED so I'll equip Small Game and get rid of all the totems.

3.....I'll do what ever the *bleep* I want to make the game fun for myself and everyone else INCLUDING the Killer.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Make snuffing a boon destroy the totem, there balanced.

• Adaez

I can speak from experience that I used to cleanse much often before boons and I dont think i'm the only one.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Yes they do.

The thing about boons is that there is next to no counterplay available to a Killer who hasn't invested in countering them. That means that one of two things will always happen with every single boon.

1. They aren't powerful or useful enough to be used. Currently Shadow Step, Exponential, and probably the new Haste one are all in this state.
    2. They are powerful and useful enough to be used and then abruptly warp the entire game around themselves. Obviously Circle of Healing is in this state.

So, what needs to be done? Well, kicking boons needs to be buffed a lot. 60s cool down for sure. Maybe a haste buff post kick? Maybe make the boon holder scream?

• Ooga
    Ooga Member Posts: 33

Imo

CoH should not give everyone on your team self care.

med-kits, and other teammates should be required. (Except maybe the player with the perk)

also, after 45-60 seconds the killer should be able to see the boon. That would give counter play.

lastly, you can only cast boons 1 to 3 times depending on your level of perk.

• Adaez

Yeah,I think killer should see the boon after 30-60 seconds after it was blessed.