Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Triage Achievement doesnt progress

Grim_Grimz
Grim_Grimz Member Posts: 70

played multiple games running Yoichis perk Empathic Connection, on Yoichi, Mikaela, and Nea. Had several survivors come to me while im doing gens or running around to get healed. I heal them. No progress on the achievment. I waited about 30 mins since closing the game to see if it would take a little bit to update but it hasnt.

Just wanted to report this bug, or see if other are having the problem too, or if theres a different way to proc this achievment and im just not understanding it?

3 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• JusBlue
    JusBlue Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2022

Have you tried doing heals while running Yoichi's perk Empathic Connection?

EDIT: Nvm I'm an idiot

Post edited by JusBlue on
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,000
    edited March 2022

I think that it needs to be, when the player gets injured they need to be at least a specific distance from you (more than 16m I believe, although I will double check that tomorrow) and then when you heal them, you need to be within 16m of your position when they got injured.

It does seem really complicated I have to admit (and I'm not 100% sure of the distances, those I will double check)

• Turtlesrock
    Turtlesrock Member Posts: 50

Tried all that.. I ran the perk too. Someone will get injured from across the globe, run to me, get a full heal state healed. nothing

• Grim_Grimz
    Grim_Grimz Member Posts: 70

thanks for replying, i wonder now that i think about it. does running make it not count? I had a few cases where i was on a gen and someone ran up to me, so i had to move only a meter or 2 off the gen so i would heal them instead of repair, BUT i almost always hold shift. so maybe me running, even just a meter or so could cancel it? who knows, im sure itll progress eventually LOL

• Mandy
    edited March 2022

With reference to my original comment here...can confirm that the distances were correct, 16m.

So what happens is:

• Survivor who gets injured must be more than 16m away from you
    • They must come to you
    • You must be within 16m of the position you were in, when they were initially injured when you heal them

It is a bit complex and I agree it's not clear from the wording on the achievement.

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 98

It needs to be more clear. Ive been running this perk now since this dlc came out and ive played probably 15 hours so far and only have 5 towards this achievement.. 30 is too high when its so extreme conditions this achievement is under..

i feel like some instances it still did not even register.

• Mandy

We will reword the achievement to make it clearer, but the achievement itself will remain as it is.

• EXPERIMENTONGOD
    EXPERIMENTONGOD Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2022

Thanks for the clarification, that explains why my achievement is 8/30 after quite a few games healing a lot of people.

To speed this up I would recommend "camping gens" and letting people come to you for heals.

• Vahri
    Vahri Member Posts: 15

They are "Achievements" not an "Easy To Do List". The point of achievements is not for them to be easy, but to be proud you've obtained it.

After a day of playing and not even knowing this achievement was added, I was already 5/30. There might be a little more complex mechanics to this achievement, but 30 is still pretty low.

To anyone wanting to "cheese" this achievement, Run witha friend. I got 5 in one game, My friend went and found the killer for whacks, and when she got hit i stopped where i stood and she came to me. Run empathic so its easier for your friend to find you. I also ran Botany for an increased heal speed.

The point is for them to come to you, not for you to go to them, so the mechanics have to be in line to show they actually CAME to you. That's all.

Happy Gaming!

• Valkari
    Valkari Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2022

It is 100% bugged. My friend and I just got out of a match with a Pig who was farming, she injured him from across the map (from where I was), I had already been standing still, and he ran to me, I healed him, I got no progress towards the achievement.

• chirp23
    chirp23 Member Posts: 21

I played Yoichi yesterday three times and got 16% of the achievement so it is working at least a little. At least dbd explains achievements more than some games, their description is just the name again sometimes in other games.

• MissQueen
    MissQueen Member Posts: 25

It has been almost 20 days i put over 50+ hours and im still at 18/30 welp

• AykDanroyd
    AykDanroyd Member Posts: 232
    edited March 2022

I think it's a dumb idea for an achievement and this is coming from someone who is currently at 29/30. It should count finding survivors and going to them to heal as well, which requires more effort & risks you exposing yourself to the killer than just staying in 1 spot and letting people come to you. It is especially easy for people who are SWFing and are in vocal communication with other survivors and tell them where they are, which sucks for those of us who mostly play with randoms (like me). It also causes people who are achievement hunting to play selfishly and not work on gens if they just camp and wait for injured people to come to them. Just a dumb idea, much like basement hook challenges which makes killers use scummy basement camp strats that should not be encouraged.

You know what a better idea for an achievement would be? Opening up that room in Midwich's courtyard that requires you to complete the gens in the music room & chem room (when they appear in those rooms since they don't always do). Or maybe having the player cleanse all 5 totems on a map once (1/1), though with so many using boon perks, that could be a real pain these days. Or an achievement for cleansing NOED totems 5 or 10 times. That would be a good one & incentivize selfless/risky play. Or maybe an achievement where all the 7 gens on a map have to be marked (at various times of course) on a Rainbow Map brought by the player before the exit gates are opened.

The worst achievement must be the Skilled Huntress one where you have to down multiple (I think 20?) survivors from 24m+. As long as I've been playing this game, I haven't even made a single bit of progress in that one. I know people play friendly killer mostly to get it, but that defeats the entire purpose of having that as an achievement. I don't play on good PC hardware (I use a laptop) so I miss many frames and can't even see that far with the res I play the game at. I'd rather have that one be replaced by an achievement where you mangle or apply some other status effect with the Huntress' hatchet add-ons 20 times or even 100 times. The fact that you can only carry 1 hatchet that downs survivors in a single hit and missing a survivor while throwing it at that range is so easy is an added reason why it's such a bad idea for an achievement.

Also Nurse's 500 blinks one is another one that I don't like. Lower it to 100 or 150 or even 250 and it's much more tolerable. Many people hate playing as the Nurse and 500 is just beyond overkill.

• Bane_of_Games
    Bane_of_Games Member Posts: 92

Do I have to heal them a full health state, finish the heal or just start the heal action to get the achievement?

• Mandy