We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

We're Gonna Live Forever needs a buff

2»

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

WGLF is borderline meta.
    But yea, go on an deny it.
    I hope the Devs bring back the "most and least used perks" stats into their stream.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429
    edited November 2018

@Wolf74 said:
    WGLF is borderline meta.
    But yea, go on an deny it.
    I hope the Devs bring back the "most and least used perks" stats into their stream.

For bloodpoint gains yes but there is no inherent advantage to running it during a match, if a survivor spends the bp on addons and items sure but as a killer you already know they are bringing in a flashlight, box ect. The value just isn't there to make it a game changing perk.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@LyrSteam6510 said:
    harley_gibson said:

So we all know that "We're Gonna Live Forever" is the survivor version of BBQNC. But the difference is that BBQNC is REALLY GOOD because it not only gives the blood point bonus but it also gives a great aura revealing ability. WGLF gives you literally NOTHING but the extra blood points.

My suggestion. Add this ability to WGLF. When unhooking a player they leave no scratch marks for 4 seconds at tier 3 level. This way the perk is actually somewhat useful to a survivor. Right now a survivor literally has to give up a perk just to get extra blood points and it only encourages farming teammates. This would at lease help the farmed teammates survive off the hook when they are being tunneled.

I actually think this is an amazing idea for the perk whether some people agree or not , what do you think? @fcc2014 @Vietfox

So no blood or scratch marks for 4s for the rescue but scratch marks and blood if injured for the person doing the save. I like it!

• fcc2014

@Wolf74 said:
    Not this crap debate again.
    Does this forum have a search function?
    WGLF got nerfed and BBQ got buffed to BALANCE things.
    Now they are good.

You don't understand balance, but thanks for playing.
    Game balance is a video game design concept where the strengths of a character or a particular strategy are offset by a proportional drawback in another area to prevent domination of one character or gaming approach.

• Wolf74

@fcc2014 said:

Funny thing, I wanted to tell you the same.^^
    Maybe you should start seeing this game as what it is: ASYMETRICAL.
    The solo player side HAS TO BE stronger than any other single player.
    Because the other side has the strength in numbers.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Wolf74 said:

@fcc2014 said:

or maybe we should all just get along :)

• fcc2014

@friendlykillermain said:

@Wolf74 said:

@fcc2014 said:

or maybe we should all just get along :)

He can say whatever he wants i refuse to fight with people anymore over a video game.

• UltraX
    UltraX Member Posts: 30

I'm all for getting more BP on this perk and nothing else.

This doesn't have to lead to unhook spamming either as people would start to realize they can force a Killer to hit them while carrying a Survivor to a hook for easy stacks.

This will still put the hurt Survivors in danger while maybe rewarding a chance at a wiggled off Survivor.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Wolf74 said:
    Did I ignore it? I am not sure, but at some point I always quit repeating myself, because I can't explain it again and again. I only repeat myself over and over and you always go back to you original nonsense.
    And anytime I am done, you proclaim yourself the winner.
    We have been through that 3 times now and I am sure you will bring it again more times.
    Maybe I should just save my answer so that I can repost it every time you bring that crap up.
    (1 survivor heals another for 16 seconds = 2 survivor have not done objectives for 16 seconds; 2x16 = 32 seconds vs 1 survivor heals himself for 32 seconds = 1 survivor has not done objectives for 32 seconds; 1x32 = 32)

Partystreamer (and anything that increase BPs) is an OFFERING.
    Anybody can use them along his regular loadout.
    It's not a PERK.
    Don't compare apple with oranges.

If one survivor heals> @Wolf74 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Wolf74 said:
    How did you post relates to the topic?
    You just try to talk against me, just for the sake of being against me?
    Still mad, because showed you that your wrong in another thread?
    Stop embarrassing yourself and stop harassing me. Your boring.

"Bloodpoints affects balance"
    "Bloodyparty streamers only affect bloodpoints"

"but how does that have anything to do with this"

But once again, the breakdown reply I gave you of why selfcare benefits killers seems to be have ignored by you twice now, so you can't defeat it, that's embarrassing.

If you're bringing it up again, I'll ask you again - would you rather a survivor be healed in 16 seconds or 32? I'm curious, you refuse to answer this, why?

Did I ignore it? I am not sure, but at some point I always quit repeating myself, because I can't explain it again and again. I only repeat myself over and over and you always go back to you original nonsense.
    And anytime I am done, you proclaim yourself the winner.
    We have been through that 3 times now and I am sure you will bring it again more times.
    Maybe I should just save my answer so that I can repost it every time you bring that crap up.
    (1 survivor heals another for 16 seconds = 2 survivor have not done objectives for 16 seconds; 2x16 = 32 seconds vs 1 survivor heals himself for 32 seconds = 1 survivor has not done objectives for 32 seconds; 1x32 = 32)

Partystreamer (and anything that increase BPs) is an OFFERING.
    Anybody can use them along his regular loadout.
    It's not a PERK.
    Don't compare apple with oranges.

What do the numbers you post prove? That it takes 32 seconds for someone to heal and 16 seconds for someone to heal another?

16 seconds of someone healing another they can both then be on a gen together for 16 seconds = 32 seconds of a gen at a faster rate, I don't get what point you're trying to make loooool.

So? Party streamers affect bloodpoints only, just like WGLF, except WGLF uses a perk slot and thus is way more detrimental to someone to use, if we compare it to a survivor cake, (which only one survivor can use) does that make the game more unbalanced, does that player have some kind of extra benefit in the match? No, it has nothing to do with balance.

BBQ is the easiest to use bloodpoint perk in the game, it comes with an added benefit & killers earn more points than survivors if they do well anyway, I guess we better nerf BBQ because all those bloodpoints are clearly impacting the game.

• Wolf74

@SenzuDuck said:

What do the numbers you post prove? That it takes 32 seconds for someone to heal and 16 seconds for someone to heal another?

16 seconds of someone healing another they can both then be on a gen together for 16 seconds = 32 seconds of a gen at a faster rate, I don't get what point you're trying to make loooool.

And we are at that point again. Math 101 failed. I'm done again.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited November 2018

@Wolf74 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

And we are at that point again. Math 101 failed. I'm done again.

Clearly not, you keep stating that if one person heals themselves they're off the gen for 1x32 seconds

If someone heals another person they're off the gen for for 2x16 = 32 seconds, but they also get to be on the gen for 2x16 seconds.

Again, you're completely missing the point, whether you lose someone, and they manage to lose you for THIRTY TWO SECONDS they deserve a heal.

Like, you're not finding that person again lmao.

I've never lost a match because of self care, you just need more excuses for not doing very well.

Self care, shake my head :lol:

all in all, I'd rather everyone be self caring instead of getting super quick 16 second heals. Imagine losing survivors so often you think self care is your issue.

• Wolf74

I hope the other persons reading this, find it as entertaining as I am.
    Sorry, like I said, I am done explaining.
    Do me a favor and ask someone else to explain it to you. Better do it in real life, your really starting to make a fool of yourself.
    over and out

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Hm...unhooking then no scratch marks for 4 seconds.
    Hm.....I'd be okay with it. Most of the time when you're not in the terror radius of the killer the person who managed the Safe Unhook heals the injured player there, so the 4 seconds are gone.
    Hm......

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

@Wolf74 said:
    Wow... the concept of "balance" seems to be to hard to grasp for some people.

Of course bloodpoints affect ingame balance.
    More BP = better stuff... better items/add ons/offerings.
    Greedy people will farm stacks and queue times will skyrocket.
    Survivor need less BPs anyway, that's why their BP gain perk should generate less.

But like @Tsulan said, go on, buff it.
    I like insta lobbies for killer, so I can dodge all day and cherrypick my lobbies.^^
    But survivor will complain again and ask for more punishments for dodging killer and that the Devs should hide them at the campfire.
    Maybe they get all that, like they usually do.^^

This is hilarious, because I've been proposing a penalty for Cherry Picking during a Survey.
    I hope they implement a harsher timer punishment for killers when leaving lobbies.
    Starts out at 4 seconds, then 30, then 1 minute, then 1:30 and so on.

It'll balance queue times for survivors.
    Not attacking you, by the way.

And In case anyone goes off saying "Well, why don't survivors get punished for leaving."
    Well, what if your connecting sucks dick and the survivor doesn't want to stay when their ping is 300+.

• Wolf74

@ReneAensland said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Wow... the concept of "balance" seems to be to hard to grasp for some people.

Of course bloodpoints affect ingame balance.
    More BP = better stuff... better items/add ons/offerings.
    Greedy people will farm stacks and queue times will skyrocket.
    Survivor need less BPs anyway, that's why their BP gain perk should generate less.

But like @Tsulan said, go on, buff it.
    I like insta lobbies for killer, so I can dodge all day and cherrypick my lobbies.^^
    But survivor will complain again and ask for more punishments for dodging killer and that the Devs should hide them at the campfire.
    Maybe they get all that, like they usually do.^^

This is hilarious, because I've been proposing a penalty for Cherry Picking during a Survey.
    I hope they implement a harsher timer punishment for killers when leaving lobbies.
    Starts out at 4 seconds, then 30, then 1 minute, then 1:30 and so on.

It'll balance queue times for survivors.
    Not attacking you, by the way.

And In case anyone goes off saying "Well, why don't survivors get punished for leaving."
    Well, what if your connecting sucks dick and the survivor doesn't want to stay when their ping is 300+.

From bottom to top:
    What if the survivors connection "suck duck"? Should the killer be forced to stay?

If they buff stuff like WGLF, the killer lobbies will fill so fast, you can basically dodge with no loss of time.
    Not that I WANT to do that, but it will become hillariously easy.

Ofc I do dodge toxic SWF teams.
    If I see a 4men SWF with Ochido fan groups and/or groups for "competitive Dbd" play (but the killer should not know that),, I opt out of that crap.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Wolf74 said:

From bottom to top:
    What if the survivors connection "suck duck"? Should the killer be forced to stay?

If the survivor connection is crap, the killer doesnt suffer...its easier for them at that point. 
  • Wolf74

@Carpemortum said:
    Wolf74 said:

From bottom to top:

If the survivor connection is crap, the killer doesnt suffer...its easier for them at that point. 

You wanna tell me that those lag-porting targets are easier?
    Please elaborate how.
    Because anytime I get that people they are almost impossible to hit, because they basically play like an Overwatch Tracer. :P

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Wolf74 said:

@Carpemortum said:
    Wolf74 said:

From bottom to top:

Please elaborate how.
    Because anytime I get that people they are almost impossible to hit, because they basically play like an Overwatch Tracer. :P

Well, first, if they're lagging that bad they cant get work done easily, and cant hide efficiently. Secondly, if theyre lag porting like when I see them(5/10 ft stutters into a wall), then follow the lag copy and hit it? First time I saw it happen I thought david was saving a hooked survivor. He just kept on skipping into the wall. Post game he accused me of lag switching lol.
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2018
    I feel like there’s a lot of other perks that should be prioritized before WGLF.

Technician
     Detective’s Hunch
    Lightweight 
    No Mither
    Hope
    Resilience 
    TINH

Surveillance
    Monstrous Shrine 
    Fire Up
    Insidious
    SFTS
    Hex Third Seal
    Territorial Imperative 
    Post edited by Star99er on
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,906

@Star99er said:
    I feel like there’s a lot of other perks that should be prioritized before WGLF.

Technician
     Detective’s Hunch
    Lightweight 
    No Mither
    Hope
    Resilience 
    TINH

Surveillance
    Monstrous Shrine 
    Fire Up
    Insidious
    SFTS
    Hex Third Seal
    Territorial Imperative 

I strongly disagree. The discrepancy between survivor and killer bloodpoint gains is one of the biggest issues I have with playing survivor. I hate feeling like I could easily earn twice the bloodpoints with less effort playing as a killer. It makes me resent my friends for even inviting me to join them. The biggest single reason that bloodpoints are so much easier to earn as a killer is because tokens are much, much easier to earn with BBQ then they are with WGLF. I would say half the perks you listed aren't even an issue anyway. None of them are nearly as important for game balance as WGLF either.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    edited November 2018

BBQ gives a functionality and BP, WGLF only gives BP. Anyone who thinks WGLF is somehow better just doesn't understand how the game works(Edit: I could see maybe if someone argued with the difference between survivors and killers, but still one does more than the other so it's kind of hard to argue the one that only does one thing (of relatively the same magnitude as well) is better). If WGLF had some kind of use other than BP then they'd be more on the same terms but currently BBQ is much better.

BBQ helps you win, WGLF doesn't.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2018

@Star99er said:

Technician
     Detective’s Hunch
    Lightweight 
    No Mither
    Hope
    Resilience 
    TINH

Surveillance
    Monstrous Shrine 
    Fire Up
    Insidious
    SFTS
    Hex Third Seal
    Territorial Imperative 

I strongly disagree. The discrepancy between survivor and killer bloodpoint gains is one of the biggest issues I have with playing survivor. I hate feeling like I could easily earn twice the bloodpoints with less effort playing as a killer. 

No... There are few enough ppl playing killer as is, if survivors and killers made the same amount of bloodpoints, majority of the people who play killer would switch to survivor, and then we’d end up with average 30 minute wait times for lobbies. Lobby wait time is long enough as is, especially when you SWF.

Besides, If playing survivor is more enjoyable (which almost everyone think) then it’s only fair killers get slightly more bloodpoints.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Wolf74 said:

@Carpemortum said:
    Wolf74 said:

From bottom to top:

Please elaborate how.

Well, first, if they're lagging that bad they cant get work done easily, and cant hide efficiently. Secondly, if theyre lag porting like when I see them(5/10 ft stutters into a wall), then follow the lag copy and hit it? First time I saw it happen I thought david was saving a hooked survivor. He just kept on skipping into the wall. Post game he accused me of lag switching lol.
    That's exactly the problem. Sometimes I have survivors from NA, Thailand, Russia and Australia in the same lobby. While I sit in Europe. If I don't dodge them, I play against several nurses which on top of that accuse me of being a lag switcher. I have no interest in getting banned, because to many kids don't know how to read the ping meter and report me for lag switching. 

Also, cherry picking...
    Why shouldn't killers be able to cherry pick, if survivors did exactly the same and got rewarded with SWF? 
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

WGLF truelly needs some changes. Still even today I'm afraid, when other survivors run it, because they have a tendency for careless fast hook farming. So I think the first usefull change should be that you need a safe unhook for getting a stack. It wouldn't prevent hookfarming 100%, because I already saw farmers running BT to ensure they get their BP.
    As a secondary effect. I agree the perk needs one. But like BBQ it should be something to play with it in a certain way. I personally thing it should somehow indicate if a hook is safe or not. So either it's like kindred revealing the aura of the killer to you if they are close to the hook or just give you a visual indication, if the hooked survivor is withint he killers terror radius. I guess that would make the perk more bareable.

As for BBQ: The perk works well and as intended mostly. No reason to change it. Except maybe that a killer shouldn't be able to track a slugged survivor with it.That was never the intention of this perk.

• Wolf74

@Dreamnomad said:

@Star99er said:

Technician
     Detective’s Hunch
    Lightweight 
    No Mither
    Hope
    Resilience 
    TINH

Surveillance
    Monstrous Shrine 
    Fire Up
    Insidious
    SFTS
    Hex Third Seal
    Territorial Imperative 

I strongly disagree. The discrepancy between survivor and killer bloodpoint gains is one of the biggest issues I have with playing survivor. I hate feeling like I could easily earn twice the bloodpoints with less effort playing as a killer. It makes me resent my friends for even inviting me to join them. The biggest single reason that bloodpoints are so much easier to earn as a killer is because tokens are much, much easier to earn with BBQ then they are with WGLF. I would say half the perks you listed aren't even an issue anyway. None of them are nearly as important for game balance as WGLF either.

If killer is so rewarding to play, do it!
    You only think that, because you are NOT playing killer.
    Killer is more stress, more frustration. But if it so much less effort for you, why do you stick to survivor?
    Killer gain more BP because they are a) the only one playing the match from start to end, no matter what and b) need to get bribed to keep on playing and c) need more BP to play, because they always lose their stuff and can't get free refill during matches.
    Stop being greedy.
    Survivor can make more BP per minute easy. It's just less "per match".
    But guess what? Sitting there spectating a match while you wait for your SWF buddy to die is ruining that ratio.

• Wolf74

@Star99er said:

Technician
     Detective’s Hunch
    Lightweight 
    No Mither
    Hope
    Resilience 
    TINH

Surveillance
    Monstrous Shrine 
    Fire Up
    Insidious
    SFTS
    Hex Third Seal
    Territorial Imperative 

You are right.
    but your point would be a balancing issue and all the survivor mains here in the forum asking for buffs to WGLF do not want balance, they just want to get MORE!
    They try to play the victim card, but in a nutshell they just want to keep the survivorsided balance and just increase the reward for it.

• " no scratch marks for 4 seconds at tier 3 level."
    U S E L E S S

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213

It needs a rework. Change it so you only get stacks while safe unhooking, and revert the max percentage to 200%

• Vert3x
    Vert3x Member Posts: 125

@Entità said:
    Killer's perks deserve to be more powerful than survivors', so I accept BBQ has a secondary effect, that is to show far people' Auras, but WGLF should be more effective in giving extra BPs, that is its purpose: now it's too situational, it's improbable to reach four tokens every trial.

Two possible solutions, according to me:

1) every altruistic action (healing, protecting, bodyblocking, unhooking...) could be stackable, which means to add new actions able to give tokens;

OR

2) every stack could give 37,5% bonus, until a maximum of 150%, without including new actions useful to gain tokens.

I honestly couldn't agree more. That is legitimately what I was thinking about while scrolling down the replies.
    We're going off topic since OP asked for some specific additional affect other than bloodpoints multiplication, but I agree on the fact that it kinda doesn't need it too much, if they were to do anything about hooks being better and more consistent, it shouldn't be anything perk related, that's the exact mistake that the game designers kept on doing for months: addressing some more or less important issues by introducing perks in the game that, only when ran, will help you out.

If something specific turned out to be a real issue in this game, say camping increased even on higher ranks and the entire survivors community started being truly sick of it and created threads over threads about it: in that circumstance the devs would likely do something along the lines of creating a Borrowed Time 2.0 or buff the existing one (either by reverting the changes the made around February or by introducing some different features on it), and I think that's a wrong choice, perks are already overly determinant in many situations, both the survivors' and the killers'; you should work directly on the killer's camping ability, since that is 0 skill and gives you too much and is definitely unfun and overpowered, rather than preserving the rot in the game and distributing nose springs by the perks.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@Wolf74 said:
    Now they are good.

What you on about. Relative to each other the 2 aren't balanced at all.

• Wolf74

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Now they are good.

What you on about. Relative to each other the 2 aren't balanced at all.

Just search the old threads, this has all been debated a 100 times.
    Both perks got their buffs(BBQ) and nerfs(WGLF) to BALANCE them.
    And all the people are asking for is going back to the unbalanced state of the two.

• ConsoleNurse
    ConsoleNurse Member Posts: 170
    Tsulan said:
    Wolf74 said:

@Carpemortum said:
    Wolf74 said:

From bottom to top:

Please elaborate how.

That's exactly the problem. Sometimes I have survivors from NA, Thailand, Russia and Australia in the same lobby. While I sit in Europe. If I don't dodge them, I play against several nurses which on top of that accuse me of being a lag switcher. I have no interest in getting banned, because to many kids don't know how to read the ping meter and report me for lag switching. 

Also, cherry picking...
    Why shouldn't killers be able to cherry pick, if survivors did exactly the same and got rewarded with SWF? 
    If i am gonna say something about your gameplay are they gonna warn me again ?
  • Cig
    Cig Member Posts: 33

WGLF should definitely get a perk with the points and needs to be restricted to safe hooks only.