The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If Camping is not Intended, why are Hook Grabs still a thing?

If you don't want people to camp, then why can every killer instant down survivors when they attempt to unhook?

Comments

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

Poor design is ingrained within the core mechanics of this game.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Or... you could just not waste time reporting something useless that BHVR literally explicitly says not to waste your time doing? There's no "having to report" anything.

• Nippo
    Nippo Member Posts: 3

they should make it to where survivors within like 12m of a hooked surv dont get a speedboost from getting hit but the killers weapon clean animation is much longer to where the survivor get the same amount of distance

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Like using your logic we should just forget about the cheaters as they are just a small portion of the playerbase

Like camping is a issue but it's not holding games hostage

• Majin151
  • Voodoo_Thirsty
    Voodoo_Thirsty Member Posts: 522
    edited March 2022

So your argument in a nutshell is:

1. SWF abuse the game as well.
    2. It is therefore okay for killers to camp.
    3. Don't matter about the 95+% of the playerbase who play solo, cuz you guys are all survivors.
    4. And if you don't want us to camp, make the SWF stop abusing the game.

That's about the gist, correct?

Wow, I don't even know where to start with this one...

you ignore the point and say well that's just a small portion of the playerbase

Excuse me, but I have not IGNORED anything. In fact, I specifically bolded the very phrase: "Those SWF abusers should be stopped as well." after the very statement regarding the percentage of SWFs in DBD.

Stop assuming things and start reading carefully.

Camping doesn't do that as survivors can do gens and the person on hook will die

This is just unfathomable. This excuse is only regarding those remaining 75% of the team. You can't seriously justify that the hooked survivor has to endure this without good reason?

It's obvious that you don't play both sides because if you was you wouldn't be making so many excuses for survivors and doing whatever you can to go after killers

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Being a Trickster/Cenobite main, I can't believe you just said that, but I'll let it slide.

I'm only criticizing killers cuz the topic is about them.

I also criticize survivors all the time for T-bagging, BMing in general and bullying killers. It's just the title of this topic was "If Camping is not Intended, why are Hook Grabs still a thing?" and the last time I checked, survivors don't hook grab and camp so there's no need to bring survivors into the discussion now is there?

and here's a nice little screenshot of my Steam profile page to justify my stance on playing survivor/killer.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

When did the devs say camping wasn't intended?

• Majin151

You said camping is holding the game hostage which is false as the game is still going on and the survivor on hook is dying its up to the survivors on what happens next if they were smart they would bait out a hit than go for a rescue or have another healthy survivor go for the rescue while they are in the weapon cleansing animation

If the camping killer is a bubba the smart thing to do is do gens and not rescue

Also as someone who has been on the receiving end of face campings I would rather have my team do a gen or two before rescuing me ESPECIALLY if they don't know how to rescue without getting grabbed and ESPECIALLY if the camping killer is a bubba

It's up to the face camped survivor and survivors on how the game goes like will they reward the killer or punish the killer

Like getting camped sucks but it's not holding the game hostage

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Just like when a Killer 3-Gens the Survivors they cry out that the killer is holding the game hostage because they won't leave the gens to chase anyone.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

At least in that case (even though it is also not holding anything hostage) the gens are being blocked. Camping a hook does literally nothing to stop the game from progressing.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

With 3-Gening, BHVR has said that's not holding the game hostage because the Killer is doing thier objective to stop Gens from getting repaired. I don't know how many times I got "reported" by sour survivors because they got stuck in a 30+ min match because I wouldn't be drawn away from a 3-Gen that they created.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,502

That's not taking the game hostage. You may not understand what taking hostage means then.

But the grab - also it doesn´t work half of the time - is a general mechanic. You can get grabbed while vaulting.

You simply always should try not to unhook in front of the killer.

Teams of 2 people blocking with BT can do it anyway.

• Pewpew
    Pewpew Member Posts: 4

Camping and tunnelling are made-up words entitled survivors throw around when they lose the game at no one's fault but their own.

• Voodoo_Thirsty
    Voodoo_Thirsty Member Posts: 522

Well, I won't be using the term "holding the game hostage" about DBD in that sense anymore, but I will reiterate that it is still in fact stopping the flow of the game for an individual.

If you claim that playing killer ties your hand to camp and tunnel, then that is a stupid argument that doesn't have a solid argument whatsoever.

That's like me, a survivor main saying, I can't win as a survivor unless I gen rush. Which is also a stupid claim. People CHOOSE to camp and tunnel just like how people CHOOSE to gen rush and do other stupid things like that.

Nothing forces you to play a certain way. Get real.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541

Grabs suck as a rift challenge. Just sayin

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited March 2022

Ehm while i already read the whole discussion let me take up one point here.

The devs have said 5% are full 4 men swf, that does not mean 95% play solo.

From my very subjective experience playing between 8pm-1am, eu, on PC, with crossplay on, full solo lobbies are only a little bit more common than full SWF. The majority is a mix of solo/duo/3men swf. You get nearly no lobby without some player playing together.

So i would claim that maybe 50% or even less of all survivor are really solo during prime time.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Try playing killer and get kills without any camping whatsoever. Let us know how it goes