We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Leatherface sometimes has a silent chainsaw

Options
Tatariu
Tatariu Member Posts: 2,874

Sometimes Leatherface's Chainsaw makes no revving sound, so you don't know when he's using his power. Very terrible bug to experience. It's not exactly fun to go down because you couldn't hear him using his power. Please fix this. It's been around for over a year :/

64 votes

Pending Β· Last Updated

Comments

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 329
    Options

It's been around as long as I can remember. It already sucks to go against Bubba, considering he gets a speed boost when he's using his power (which, A, is an insta-down, B, can hit multiple Survivors (unlike Hillbilly's), and C, can just keep going on and on)..... but to not know he's there when it's happening? Come on.

Please fix this.

• Tatariu
    Options

It literally just happened to me again. I am writing this as I'm on the hook- Meg just unhooked me and is now healing me.

Please look into this.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,439
    Options

Ran into that today myself. No addons for the chainsaw.

• AlwaysinProgress
    AlwaysinProgress Member Posts: 1
    Options

Gameplay of it happening https://youtu.be/9GheNttSIZA

Behaviour please fix

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

This happens when he becomes undetectable.

Keep an eye out for perks that create that.

• crystalkitti
    Options

That too. But it's happening when he's not Undetectable.

• Tatariu
    Options

Just happened to me again. I found that if I'm not looking at him when he starts revving, it will be silent.

• crystalkitti
    Options

*angry wails of a gamer girl who just wants fairness but instead gets a chainsaw-wielding cannibal that seems to magically appear out of thin air...*

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Had this happen to me on midwich the other day. My camera was most likely facing him but he was behind a wall in another room. It actually won him the game.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,990
    Options

Legit happened my last game, I just assumed it was an addon like hillbillys silent chainsaw but apparently not

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I played against a Tinkerer Bubba and when I saw him I was already too late, it scared the sh*t out of me.πŸ˜…

• crystalkitti
    Options

Again, if he's Undetectable.. It might make his chainsaw silent, but I don't think it does/should (when working properly).

• FairP1ayer
    FairP1ayer Member Posts: 500
    Options

Yep and the most frustrating thing about this bug is they fixed it and it came right back shortly after and has been in the game ever since…

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Had this in a match last night on ps4. Also he didn't have normal terror radius - it was just the heartbeat and it kind of sounded muffled especially in a chase. My swf teammate noticed this too so know it wasn't just on my end.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

I had it again today, I believe he was chasing me in shack and he wasn't undetectable. I even recorded it.

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 492
    Options

Too many bugs on Bubba :(

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Options

This is an extremely aggravating bug and it happens in every single Leatherface match I play in.

• Ketrab2703
    Ketrab2703 Member Posts: 160
    Options

Experienced it myself a few times.

• etms51
    etms51 Member Posts: 603
    Options

Description: When my friend is in chase with letherface, and letherface loads his chainsaw, from the survivor's view you do not hear that the Cannibal's chainsaw is charging but only at the end when it is too late (Video 1)

WHAT TO ADD IN THE DESCRIPTION

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match

Step 3 :During the match, my friend is in chase with letherface

Step 4 : and letherface loads his chainsaw,

Step 5: from the survivor's view you do not hear that the Letherface's chainsaw is charging but only at the end when it is too late (Video 1)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Character played: Claudette Morel
    • Perks played: Selfcare, Borrow time, Dead Hard, Iron will
    • Map: The Temple of the Purification
    • Frequency of the issue: More often only for The Letherface, i think depends on the map.
    • Version game: v. 5.7.0

DOCUMENTS TO ADD

Video 1 => https://clips.twitch.tv/CarelessWonderfulCrowHassaanChop-T3hf6R7EuGv2jMxv

I hope which this issue will be fixed because this issue is still present from a year.

• Philly_To_NYC
    Philly_To_NYC Member Posts: 6
    Options

Just experienced this twice (see etms51's clip above) and it's definitely not fun and feels pretty unfair. Not Bubba's fault but I'd love a fix considering how long it's been going on...

• etms51
    etms51 Member Posts: 603
    Options
  • darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Options

Can we please get someone to acknowledge this? It's been in the game for so long, yet it's never been resolved.

• Pay2Win
    Pay2Win Member Posts: 6
    Options

Idk what's faster, the snail in my back yard or BHVR's response time to acknowledging bugs.

• SchmittyKat
    SchmittyKat Member Posts: 24
    Options

Seriously? Tinker makes them undetectable when the gen hits 70%