Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Consistent, non-reproducible crashes

cunning_linguist
cunning_linguist Member Posts: 2
edited September 2022 in Bug Reporting

Hi

I'm playing on Windows 10

I have recently been experiencing consistent, non-reproducible crashes. These crashes appear similar in nature to the "Wake Up" exploit which caused instant crashes to desktop, in that there is typically no warning, lagging, glitching, looping, or strange behavior until the instant that my game has completely crashed to desktop.

This has happened to me on both killer and survivor. This has happened to me on killer playing Nemesis, Nurse, Huntress, and Plague. It has happened to me on survivor playing Dwight and Jake. There does not appear to be any correlation between my actions in game and my crashes.

I somewhat recently (significantly before the crashes began) upgraded my GPU to an Nvidia 3060ti. I had previously been playing on the "Low" video settings. Shortly before the crashes began I decided to up that to "Ultra." It can handle 60fps no problem, right up until it crashes.

I have updated my GPU drivers and am on the latest version. Every other game I play runs fine. I have also decreased my video settings to "High" and continue to experience these crashes--not necessarily every game, but certainly every day. It happens so often, in fact, that my queue penalty time for leaving games has been upped to half an hour.

I do not plan to reduce my settings further to "Medium" to try again.

I'm done. I'm not playing Dead By Daylight anymore. Dead By Daylight has serious problems: Meta-shifting balance patches are few and far between, every release brings new game-breaking bugs, and imbalance between survivors and killers online at different times of the day cause games to typically be very one-sided. And these serious problems, which would sink and have sunk many other games, have so far still not been quite enough to make me stop playing. But my friends have stopped playing, and now I can't even play solo killer because the game crashes--and why? Because I dared to play at above "Medium" video settings.

So, I'm done. This is the last straw. I have a whole library of other games waiting for me to test my new GPU on and I don't expect I'll miss this one. But I want to be perfectly, totally, crystal clear about this, and I hope whoever reads this report makes sure that Patrick sees it: with the way DBD is going, I will not be the last to leave.

Post edited by Mandy on
2 votes

Addressed · Last Updated

I would suggest making a post on our Tech Sub Forum to request assistance for your technical issue.

This discussion has been closed.