macro killers

Is this only a problem at low rank MMR? out of the 40 games i played over the weekend around 15 games were killers afking with macros, moving in perfect circles, or just m1 standing still, or even combination like the doctor using both his powers. I dont say 15 to exaggerate, but it was litterly 15 games.

Does this happen also at middle MMR and high MMR? or is this only a low MMR problem

PRE-answer to upcoming comments:

-I know you cant see MMR but you should have more or less an idea in what category youre in.

-Yes, i know people do this to drop their MMR. im asking if this happens aswell on mid/high rank

-Yes,yes,yes we all know you think SWF and dead hard is OP... thats not my question.

Comments

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

They could potentially be farming shards instead of trying to lower their MMR since I think shards are just playtime.

AFK killers are usually just Wraith and you might never be able to find where they are AFKing at before your team starts the EGC.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 917

it still exists, it is just not as common.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

This doesn’t happen in my games at all. May be a low mmr issue. These would be reportable offenses and that’s easy tape to collect if you’re inclined.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I haven't faced a macro'ing Killer in a long time.

Last time I remember going against a macro'ing Killer was against a Doctor on the old Groaning Storehouse.

I was playing Claudette with Self-Care, Spine Chill and 2 other Perks and I was maxing out my Bloodpoints in Survival category

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134

Good to hear, then it seems to be only a big thing at the lowest of the lowest MMR . i have been playing solo past few days trying to only escape by using the hatch, or die trying. Apparently this doesn't count as an escape which is probably why im in this low end mmr bracket.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

That's called botting and its bannable. Click on the report icon that looks like a robot.

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241

Player from the Middle East, so sometimes the game drops me in EU servers and sometimes East Asia.

Marco killers are rampant in Asian servers, you can tell before playing by seeing the killer readying and unreadying every 5 seconds in the lobby. Leave the lobby if you see this to avoid being held hostage at a game.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Back then i faced alot of thrm and they ALWAYS were Bubbas.

Havent seen them in ages tho, definitely not since Crossplay. ( i am on Console btw )

• evancalgary
    evancalgary Member Posts: 90

I get 1 about every 5 games and i would say I'm mid MMR as survivor so its not just you it all started right after Sadako came out

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,619

You cannot be held hostage that way.

Do gens and leave. Two doors and a hatch are at your disposition.

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241

Ment it in being forced to do gens or dc and wait for the penalty to run out, a lose-lose situation for me, I'm just wasting my time.

• omegalul
    omegalul Member Posts: 47

Its a low MMR thing.

I dont even think its bannable, its not cheating in any way and your not taking the game hostage or ruin anyones game experince.

It could be a peron that just presses every 5 sekonds a button, you dont have to move if you dont want to.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,944

If you have this happening in the matches that you are in, please report the players. It's definitely something that falls under the "unsportsmanlike category" and can result in a temporary ban which has an escalation procedure up to a permanent ban.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I've only gotten them like 3 times in the past 4 years and the last time was like 2 years ago.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

Be careful about these "bots". I had one that was putting trap then swing repeatedly. Some survivors decided to farm some BP from him, and then when 3 survivors were all healing up in close range, he comes out of AFK and kills them all.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,710

I haven't had one of these in a while. I think the last time I saw someone doing this was during the halloween event. It was a clown who just stood still and swung every 5 seconds.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

The last time i played vs a bot killer was like 1 year ago it was a wraith